Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2017 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

2017 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 04-14-2017, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by anne2016 View Post
How are all of you train riders progressing with your projects?
I need to go purchase some backing material for a UFO top. I can't find anything in my stash that will work. I started to go to the LQS this afternoon, but the traffic was terrible and I was going to end up late for another appointment if I stopped. So I will have to do that tomorrow if they are open.
Old 04-14-2017, 01:58 PM

I am working on two quilts at the same time; using one for leaders/enders while I work on the other. The leaders/enders quilt is a double UFO. It was someone else's UFO and they got rid of it by gifting it to me after they had pieced it, then cut it apart at the seams in frustration. When I got it, it was roughly cut 6" squares. I played with it for a while and tried a few layouts, then put it aside. Now I am determined to finish it.
The other quilt is a donation for a fundraiser. I hope to finish both this month!
Old 04-14-2017, 04:10 PM
Power Poster

I have a quilt about 3/4 quilted....
Old 04-14-2017, 05:42 PM

I didn't join this thread at the beginning of the year, because I had such a depressing 2106 for finishes. However, I'm feeling motivated right now. I finished a stack of binding last month - I'll dig up some photos and post them. And, I have a plan to get through at least some (many?) of my LARGE stack of tops this year. First, I'm tired of looking at them hanging in the closet. And second, I've committed to two trunk shows at the end of the year,and at least 3 of those UFOs want to be highlights in the show. So that should be some motivation. One might wonder why of the few quilts I've finished recently, none of them were on that particular list ...
Old 04-14-2017, 05:47 PM

Welcome, kristakz!! Glad you are here. My motivation to finish some UFOs is to make more room for new projects.
Old 04-15-2017, 05:45 AM

Welcome , Krista. Hope your UFO load gets much lighter during 2017.
Old 04-15-2017, 06:21 AM

Welcome Krista!

I've been sidelined due to out of town visitors every weekend this month and a sick horse (he's now better). Right now I'm trying to get all the sewing done on a tuffet cover for a tuffet I'm making for DC out of her late husband's neckties. I've already got at least32 hours in it washing the ties, taking them apart, ironing, stabilizing and cutting into 2inch strips as well as getting almost halfway through the sewing. I think I' be got another 8 to 10 hours of sewing to go. I have to get it done before the upholstery part of the tuffet class on the 27th which I signed up for since I don't have the tools or materials to do the upholstery part. Fortunately the LQS gave me a discount since I'm only taking the 2nd half of the class!

and we have another out of town guest showing up tonight to stay until at least Mon and an out of town funeral to go to on Tues.

Long story short-- my UFO for April may have to wait unti May to get finished.

Rob
Old 04-15-2017, 09:30 AM
Power Poster

You can do it, kristakz. We are all in the same boat here. Too many obligations, too many interruptions, too much frustration, and sometimes too much procrastination. I started to focus on ONE THING at a time. That really helped my mind-set and I didn't feel overwhelmed. It's a much easier approach to say "I am going to finish [name the project] than to say I have [# of projects] to finish. For some of us the latter would lead to rolling up in a tight ball and covering our faces. lol
Old 04-15-2017, 11:12 AM

Tight ball, face covered here.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:48 PM
Power Poster

Oh my lots of fetal positions....I would be in one if I counted...I like Martina's idea of concentrating on one at a time...good advice.