2018 Fabric Moratorium

Old 06-03-2018, 08:44 AM
Power Poster

That shop hop fabric...I bought less than 2yards of it...Had though of getting 3 yds of the one but only got half of that...so at least I toned done the purchase! now what to do with it...
Old 06-03-2018, 01:38 PM

Escaped Joann's with only rotary cutters and blades BOGO.... They were unboxing newly received designer fabric bolts.....just walked on by....phew!!

We all done good!!
Old 06-03-2018, 09:25 PM

I have not been tempted by any of my “oh, I think my LQS will have something that works better” as I prepare fabric for an exchange. I just have worked with my stash and said to self I am sure it will work out fine.

I am am worried about having enough of a theme fabric. I saw lots of sellers of it online and won’t buy unless I NEED it if running out while finishing quilt.

So hard. However, I just prepped 19 F8 all from stash in B/W prints.
Old 06-04-2018, 01:20 AM

Talking

Originally Posted by Darcyshannon View Post
I have not been tempted by any of my “oh, I think my LQS will have something that works better” as I prepare fabric for an exchange. I just have worked with my stash and said to self I am sure it will work out fine.

I am am worried about having enough of a theme fabric. I saw lots of sellers of it online and won’t buy unless I NEED it if running out while finishing quilt.

So hard. However, I just prepped 19 F8 all from stash in B/W prints.
Good for you, Darcy! It's so hard to have resistance to all those temptations out there!
Old 06-04-2018, 06:41 PM

Well done, Darcyshannon..... I have dug into my outrageously expansive polka dot stash for a new project as well as my stripes and solids, which were equally getting out of control. My sewing nook looks like a bomb exploded bubbles...lol...
Old 06-05-2018, 09:14 AM
Power Poster

I am going to the Reno Quilt and Sewing Expo. Hope I can be strong......
Old 06-05-2018, 04:09 PM

In preparation for the grand moment when my cast was removed, I've been planning fabric for projects. Today, it happened, the cast was replaced by a removable brase. So I went to the LQS for the background....and that's all I bought. The had the most unique and fabulous butterfly print. I walked past it. I'm so proud of myself. It took a lot of will power to have self-control not to buy and buy and buy. The cost isn't important. The point is I first shopped my stash, then bought only what was needed to fill in. YEH!
Old 06-05-2018, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
In preparation for the grand moment when my cast was removed, I've been planning fabric for projects. Today, it happened, the cast was replaced by a removable brase. So I went to the LQS for the background....and that's all I bought. The had the most unique and fabulous butterfly print. I walked past it. I'm so proud of myself. It took a lot of will power to have self-control not to buy and buy and buy. The cost isn't important. The point is I first shopped my stash, then bought only what was needed to fill in. YEH!
Good for you, Pet... for not falling prey to more buying fabric for your stash and, even more important, for recovering enough to get rid of that cast!!
Old 06-05-2018, 07:35 PM

We need a like button. I, too, say good for you on both counts. Casts are wonderful because they facilitate healing, but getting them off is lovely, too.
Old 06-06-2018, 10:34 AM
Power Poster

Pet, congrats on the next step in your healing process!! I've actually been sewing! keeps me out of the stores...