2018 Fabric Moratorium

Old 05-25-2018, 01:01 AM

Happylab, I am working on the 9P swap too. What are your plans for the blocks? I am realizing what a great way to use up fabric not earmarked for a special project.

Originally Posted by happylab View Post
I haven’t bought anything in the last 2 weeks. I’m currently working on scrappy 6” 9-patches for a swap. I’m just beginning. I’ve gone through 1/3 of my scraps. I’m not sure how much more I have to cut. I need to sew lots more, I need 100 blocks for this swap. I’m looking forward to getting it done and swapping the project. I think I have my pattern figured out. I’ll wait and see. I’m trying to use only my stash for this project. It won’t be done for a while.
I’m also working on the fall star swap blocks. I’m making 25 blocks in fall colors, all of which will be from my stash. I have 5 blocks cut out and need to cut out 5 more and just sew them. That’s my weekend project.
Old 05-27-2018, 12:36 PM

I received my batting yesterday for the SBS so I prepped it for LA. I started this project with 14/yds of just the focal fabric and I have 3/4 yd remaining. I used the whole bolt so I am stoked!! I have no idea how much yardage for the other colors but I really wanted to burn through this one bolt. The balance of remaining from other fabrics are good for binding SBS and mixers for other projects. Yea for me.... I've had that bolt since Sept 2016.

SBS going to LA next week...
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 05-27-2018, 05:42 PM

Congratulations, Teen, on using up the majority of the bolt and the lovely quilt top.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:50 AM

Beautiful top, Teen! Congratulations on getting it (and that bolt ) finished!

Rob
Old 05-28-2018, 11:15 AM

I went to Joann’s today to buy backing for my Boxes of Strings. It was on sale & I bought only what is needed for the back. I also bought thread (1/2 price) & admit to falling off the wagon a little. In the remnants bin I found a panel that reminds me of Yellowstone, which I miss every day, so it jumped in my bag! But I hope to use it soon & I’ll use the other fabric to complete Boxes of Strings, so neither goes into stash. Since all the fabric in Boxes came from stash, as did all fabric for the 19th Mystery, I’m ahead of the game.
Old 05-29-2018, 05:59 PM

You did good in my opinion, Conchalea. I went to Joann's today, too, and had an equally successful shopping trip. I did not go crazy only buying glue sticks and basting spray; however, I did buy a pattern book....the cutest applique birds blocks...started a block tonight to make a pillow for my future Idaho neighbor. She made me a birthday cake when I was there, which was so sweet. She's an awesome baker so this does not bode well for my hips...lol..
Old 05-29-2018, 06:42 PM

Ha ha, Teen! I hear you. My younger daughter is a great baker. I both love it & hate it. Fortunately she takes most of her experiments to her workplace. Let those folks put on the pounds!

With sales, I only spent a little over $17 at Joann’s, so it wasn’t a very expensive trip. More $$ to spend next trip! Patterns-hmmm. I have several on my wish list, plus some quilt kits. My quilt bucket list keeps expanding.
Old 05-29-2018, 07:14 PM
Power Poster

I'm planning on a little fall. Catch me if you can! All Iowa shop hop fabric is officially for sale on Friday. I really like the postcard fabric...I like to have some of this in stash to use in hostess gifts when friends and family come to call. All of MrOk and my siblings plus 3 of our 4 kids are out of state with Iowa roots so they may get something Iowa made when they come in July. Here's a link to the fabric.

http://www.alliowashophop.com/all-io...hop-fabric.htm
Old 05-29-2018, 08:38 PM

I’m planing on putting 1/2 squares triangles between most blocks with blue and cream/white fabric. Someone on the thread had posted a pic of my idea. I 1st saw the idea on Pinterest. I really like the design and layout of this pattern. I’m also making a block of all blocks I send out so I have double the blocks. I know I need more than 100 blocks. Plus I want to enlarge the pattern to fit a king size bed. I’m still debating if I will keep the quilt or not. May give it to a niece. I’ll see how it turns out.

Do you have any plans yet?

Originally Posted by Darcyshannon View Post
Happylab, I am working on the 9P swap too. What are your plans for the blocks? I am realizing what a great way to use up fabric not earmarked for a special project.
so true, so true.
Old 05-29-2018, 08:50 PM

I’m finishing up one swap and stared 2 more swap blocks and all blocks will come from my stash. I really geared up on getting these done in the next few weeks. My #1 priority.

I do need to go to my LQS and p/u my bom and maybe some fabric for my final border on Judy’s mystery train #18. I have the top together, but thinking I want the final border to be a long strip verses just 2.5” squares put together. that purchase s/h make me fall off the wagon, since it’s to finish a project. Yea.