2018 Fabric Moratorium

Old 05-20-2018, 03:04 PM

Our Monday Group brings in discards to share. I rescued about 3 yds. More artistic style. Can't wait (for cast removal). Yeh, this was rescuing, & I'm very conservative about it.
Old 05-20-2018, 06:12 PM

Oksewglad: I'd love a road trip to Indiana to help Battle Axe sort her fabric! Lol! I can just imagine my youngest son's response if I asked him to price a rental car for me through his work because I was going to Indiana to play with fabric.
Old 05-20-2018, 06:28 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 View Post
Oksewglad: I'd love a road trip to Indiana to help Battle Axe sort her fabric! Lol! I can just imagine my youngest son's response if I asked him to price a rental car for me through his work because I was going to Indiana to play with fabric.
He'd roll his eyes like mine do! FYI, my SIL claims I have a major fabric explosion whenever he ventures to downstairs bedrooms. What's he going to say when the spare bedroom is dominated by a LA! Okay back to the real world! In 5 weeks we have a major event happening at our place and 3 weeks later a large family gathering with extended out of area family members. Great times, but I'm looking forward to some major down time! I might need the road trip!
Old 05-22-2018, 09:46 AM
Power Poster

I just ordered some Invisafil thread. One of my quilty friends who is a quilt judge and a recipient of many awards was using it on a quilt at our last retreat. WOW, that 100 wt thread really just buries into the ditch. With ditch stitching being somewhat important but also tedious, it helps to have a supporting thread.

Another thing that hopped into my shopping cart was a thimble display case with a glass front. My collection of thimbles has outgrown the shelves I currently have and they are scattered here and there. Now I can go collect some more.

Hey - at least none of it was fabric!
Old 05-22-2018, 10:50 AM

Nice purchases.... I'm going to look into that thread. Is that like mono-poly thread just a different name? And, please a pic of your thimble collection. I'd love to see it. I have one thimble. Lol!
Old 05-22-2018, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Teen View Post
Nice purchases.... I'm going to look into that thread. Is that like mono-poly thread just a different name? And, please a pic of your thimble collection. I'd love to see it. I have one thimble. Lol!
Hey Teen,
Invisifil is a thread made by Wonderfil. It is 100 wt. polyester and comes in many colors. It is very nice to work with and not nearly as pricey as 100 wt. silk.

Rob
Old 05-22-2018, 02:19 PM
Power Poster

Both of my newest ( baby quilt) projects used all stash fabrics. I’ve had that green/ blue flannel for probably 5 years- maybe longer. The backing on the bunny quilt also has been around for years. ( the bunny panel was a vacation purchase specifically for this gift ) Nice to finally use them. Used quite a few ( old) flannel pieces for the appliqué
pushed about 4 yards of fabric from the shelves. And didn’t have to shop at all. The panel purchase didn’t add to my shelves, went straight into a quilt. I’m enjoying shopping my stash.
Old 05-22-2018, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by rryder View Post
Hey Teen,
Invisifil is a thread made by Wonderfil. It is 100 wt. polyester and comes in many colors. It is very nice to work with and not nearly as pricey as 100 wt. silk.

Rob
Thank you, Rob!!
Old 05-22-2018, 04:19 PM

Hi Teen, just sent you a PM.
Old 05-22-2018, 04:23 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
Both of my newest ( baby quilt) projects used all stash fabrics. I’ve had that green/ blue flannel for probably 5 years- maybe longer. The backing on the bunny quilt also has been around for years. ( the bunny panel was a vacation purchase specifically for this gift ) Nice to finally use them. Used quite a few ( old) flannel pieces for the appliqué
pushed about 4 yards of fabric from the shelves. And didn’t have to shop at all. The panel purchase didn’t add to my shelves, went straight into a quilt. I’m enjoying shopping my stash.
Love this! Buying so you can use the stash.
Martina...I need to get my thimbles out to display. They were a gift from a dear aunt and some are very old and intricate.