Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2018 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2018 UFO Challenge of the Month

2018 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 01-17-2018, 12:32 PM

In the next few days I will tally and give an official count so far this month. We are off to a good month. Thank-you everyone.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:42 PM

FYI, a friendly reminder for those who follow along on the VQW thread. This weekend is the VQW (virtual quilt weekend). For those of you who don't know, members from the board will post their project goals for the weekend, post pics and chat throughout the weekend. This is done usually once a month on 3 day weekends. It usually starts on Friday, but sometimes she starts a day earlier. So if you are interested be on the outlook.
Old 01-17-2018, 01:57 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

this little ornament is ready for next Christmas. The other still needs 7 more y seams, then basting, quilting, and binding.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]587236[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 01-17-2018, 02:04 PM

Petthefabric.....great finish on stash scrappy sampler. Turned out awesome.

Krisb....those are so beautiful.. I really like them both. Ornament panel is darling...and fuzzy cut border is perfect...Good job, girl!

drop off to quilter successful...woohoo! I made my "very" short list for Road to Calif. quilt show for tomorrow. Getting excited. Cleaned sewing nook, sewing machine, and started on poor Rocky's arms today....just need to stuff them and attach. Also, started cutting star appliqués for my next patriotic quilt needed for raffle. Not sure if I'll trapunto but we'll see. Will finish Rocky on Friday.

I found another UFO (geesh).. Really not a UFO...just extra blocks from a quilt I made last year that wasn't needed when I resized quilt. However, I'll whip out a donation quilt and get rid of them.

Last edited by Teen; 01-17-2018 at 02:07 PM.
Old 01-17-2018, 02:32 PM

Loving all you ladies lovely finishes just keep the gorgeous work up. Still can't work it into my budget to get my 401A functional to do my domestic quilting, but it will happen. Thanks 'happylab,' for the reminder of the up and coming VQW. Looking forward to that also. Stay warm everyone.
Old 01-17-2018, 05:15 PM

First UFO finish for 2018. Too late for 2017 Christmas, or maybe very early for 2018 Christmas. Got tired of piecing Bonnie H's mystery and had to do a little hand work. This UFO was calling my name. Glad to finish it. I like it...it looks so old fashioned to me, I am going to use it as a table topper during the Christmas Season.
Attached Thumbnails primitive-christmas-embrodery-quilt.jpg   primitive-christmas-embrodery-quilt-close-up.jpg  
Old 01-17-2018, 05:37 PM

Oh, Jane! I absolutely love this. It definitely does have a vintage look to it.Beautiful,work...congrats on the finish...
Old 01-17-2018, 05:41 PM

Wow, January has started off with a bang!! SO many finishes already!!

Well, I won't be able to get my Lone Star finished in time for MQX. And while I had an "idea" for what to submit for the "Dotty for MQX Challenge", I knew that wouldn't get completed in time either. I have a commission quilt (photo-memory quilt) to do, and that will (hopefully) go on the frame by the beginning of next week.

So, still trying to knock out those UFO's... but not wanting to load anything huge on the frame (commission quilt comes first, right?)...I dug around in the plastic shoeboxes for SOMETHING to work on. Dug out a UFO from the 2009 Carolina Shop Hop. These blocks would have normally joined with different blocks from different shops... but in 2010, I happened to be "hanging out" with one shop owner as she prepped for the 2010 Shop Hop, and I volunteered to "clean out" the baggies that had the "block kits" from 2009... which "left overs" she then gave to me.
So here I had all these "block kits"... that I quickly grew to NOT be happy with... which is why this is a UFO... but I find myself very unable to throw away fabric/blocks/orphans.

Then, inspiration struck!! These are PERFECT for the "Dotty for MQX Challenge".
So, this will be finished by Sunday, at which time I will take pics for submission to MQX.
I think I'm going to name this "I Spotted a UFO - Oh My Eyes!!"
First pic is on the design wall, second (obviously) is on the frame. I'm not doing anything major for the quilting, as it won't show up very well anyway.
Attached Thumbnails mqx-design-wall.jpg   mqx-frame.jpg  
Old 01-17-2018, 07:06 PM

Jane: beautiful finish. I sure like the hand quilting. It will make a great table topper.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:19 PM

Oh sew close... I should have a finish shortly after I get back from retreat next week. Only 3 sides left to bind now.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]587252[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails p1171259.jpg