Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2018 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2018 UFO Challenge of the Month

2018 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 01-18-2018, 03:48 PM
Power Poster

Welcome boykinsmommy.....you will love the support given by everyone...one for all and all for one! Get those UFO's done!
Old 01-18-2018, 05:24 PM

Hi, boykinsmommy...welcome and get crackin....we're cheering you on!
Old 01-18-2018, 09:35 PM

Great sampler, when was the BOM? I have followed a few but they don't look familiar.

Originally Posted by petthefabric
This quilt was the BOM on the Board. All the fabric and batting were from my stashAttachment 587200

DEDEmak
It was in 2017, Quilting Board, Block of the Month. New Quilting Bee, month 2017. Each month was listed seperately. I think it started in Jan and thru Nov.

Last edited by petthefabric; 01-18-2018 at 09:38 PM.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:46 AM

Petthefabric,

Thank you I did follow it, but didn't do the blocks ( I usually do 12 inch blocks ). I do have orphan blocks form the 2013 BOM, those a one of my UFO's what to do with them.

Welcome Boykinsmommy you will find great support here, I have.
Old 01-19-2018, 07:52 AM

Jane Quilter love the finish. Now just don't forget where you put it so you can bring it out next year for the holidays.

Letawellman, good use of the blocks. I really like the way you put them together. I smell a finish.

Kristakz, that is stunning. I didn't realize it was your pattern. I though it was the Labyrinth quilt pattern. How big is it?
Old 01-19-2018, 09:09 AM

Welcome, boykinsmommy!

Connie
Old 01-19-2018, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Anoka Quilter View Post
Kristakz, that is stunning. I didn't realize it was your pattern. I though it was the Labyrinth quilt pattern. How big is it?
Thanks! It is 110x106", although I just finished writing the pattern and added an option to make it 83x80", for those who don't want a King size quilt.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:15 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome! Please feel free to nag, poke, prod or drag me by my heels...lol!!
Old 01-19-2018, 05:51 PM

Exclamation I think I need an intervention///

Ok, so in the spirit of getting ready for this challenge, I have been cleaning out my craft room. This is a yearly ritual because every year when Christmas comes, my room looks like Christmas threw up all over it.

So, as I have been cleaning and re-organizing I decided to go through all my fabric and yarns. I have two garbage bags full to throw away. Yes, two. I haven't even touched my scrapbooking/stamping supplies or my general craft supplies.

Ok, so that's a really great start, however, I also decided to organize my UFO's and make a list so I know exactly what needs to be done and where it is...no more excuses right? Well.....that leaves me with, no kidding, 19....19!!! UFO's from quilting alone....granted, not all of them have been started, they've been sitting in a kit waiting for the end of the world I guess. I also can say that I did not buy all of them, they were gifts through the years that were nice but not exactly my cup of tea so there they sat. Everything else though is all me....

Did I mention that I scrapbook too? Um yeah, my oldest I have until his 3rd birthday, my middlest, his first Easter and my youngest? I have an album and cover page.

As for knitting...we won't talk about the kit I just received today....the two hats I am making for a customer right now and the many patterns that are just waiting for something...Oh and i bought on clearance a really cute pattern for slippers and yarn for fingerless gloves.

yup, I need an intervention. Somehow I think I can do it all and my days are endless and my tendons won't give up the ghost. No more purchases until I give away or make every single one of these projects!!! I mean it..oh look! A sale!! LOL!!!
Old 01-19-2018, 06:02 PM

OK, here it is, "officially" finished. Quilted and bound. Yay me, a January completion!!
I didn't get real fancy with the quilting, as I could see right from the start that any stitching was going to be pretty much "absorbed" by the busy fabric.

I just need to look up the sleeve requirements on MQX's website, and send off my paperwork.
I'll take better pics tomorrow. Hmmm, wonder if there will be enough snow left to make a good background?
Attached Thumbnails mqx-detail.jpg   mqx-finished.jpg