2019 Fabric Moratorium

Old 01-26-2019, 01:05 PM

zozee; way to go!

Retired: for a specific purpose, assuming you shopped stash first. Good choice.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-26-2019 at 01:12 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 01-26-2019, 03:09 PM

Grann of 6, great use of stash! That’s a lot of yardage moved out of your stash. And good job organizing your fabric so well that a non-quilting guy noticed it.
Old 01-26-2019, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 View Post
Belfrybat: Thanks for the link for the blocks.

I jumped off for a quick purchase of flannel at JoAnns. I bought 2 baby flannels-3 yards each. I found out yesterday that I have another baby shower in a week and there will be one for a niece in the spring. The fabric will be used for burp cloths, receiving blankets, and maybe swaddling blankets. Now I need to get them washed.
When my daughter had my grandson, at her baby shower, I had made up a stack of burp clothes from flannel, I brought my micron pen with me and passed around the burp rags and pen, and everyone wrote her a message, and she wrote one for her unborn son. She still tells me that is one of her favorite things from the party. Just an idea for your upcoming showers.
Old 01-26-2019, 06:15 PM

Petthefabric: Yes to shopping my stash first. I used up my last baby appropriate flannel for a baby shower last week.

Quiltah Mamma: That is a very cute idea. Thanks for sharing. Too bad I don't have plain flannel on hand. The guests at the "Grandma baby shower" are very creative and would absolutely love writing a message to baby from Grandma's friends. I am disappointed that I won't be able to make this one because the ones in the past have been fun!
Old 01-27-2019, 10:59 AM

Okay......I'm out of money for quilt fabric. Now.......I will focus on using the fabric I have. Renewed focus starting today.....
Old 01-27-2019, 01:44 PM

Today after bowling with the hubby we stopped by a Goodwill on the way to Costco and I found another lovely civil war yardage piece, this one by Moda for $3.99, roughly four yards of fabric. Of course I bought it! I already said I wasn't going to be able to stop buying my thrift store fabric, however, I am closing out the month of January with nothing "new" bought. The white and black solids I ordered at the end of December were my last current purchase. I've used about half the white making bias bindings for baby quilts and will soon be putting together the top that needed the black, but first I want to get done with my current machine quilting projects before I switch back to sewing.

This was the first time I bowled with my own ball -- lol I bought it including the bag at Value Village for $6.99. It's a bit heavier than the 10 pound balls I've been using, 12 pounds but the holes are drilled really well for me and overall I did as good as I do... Hubby had belonged to a league before he met me, but since he moved here he hasn't been bowling much. Since we've lost the weight we have, bowling is once again something he can do so we've been going at cheap time, Sunday morning. He works a lot, often 6 days a week and this was a day and time that we usually had open.
Old 01-27-2019, 03:34 PM

petthefabric, I would call a controlled visit to the LQS a success. Congrats on 'not eating the whole bag of cookies'. My next purchase will be a border for the graduation quilt, but it will be awhile. I want to go to the LQS 8 miles out of town - they have Moda fabric and the one downtown doesn't, but it won't be tomorrow. We are expecting 11 inches of snow with very cold temps, so I will be staying in.
Old 01-28-2019, 05:51 PM

Another 3.8 yards out of my stash! Plus I finished my January goal of 3 tops. Feeling good about those finishes!

Bonnie Hunter's 2018-19 Mystery Quilt "Good Fortune"

Last edited by retiredteacher09; 01-28-2019 at 05:55 PM.
Old 01-28-2019, 06:27 PM
Power Poster

Congratulations, Connie. I need to calculate how much went in/out of inventory yet. Think I'll go do that now.

I don't work tomorrow...boss sent and email and told me to stay home and stay warm!
Old 01-29-2019, 03:50 AM

You’re on a roll Connie...beautiful quilt.

I had 8 items in my MSQC cart yesterday morning including the Daily Deal, about $58 worth. I signed off my Ipad without hitting the “Submit Order” button and thought if I still wanted it last night I’d go back to it but I didn’t so I guess I wasn’t that crazy for it.