2019 UFO Challenge

Old 01-25-2019, 06:13 PM
Power Poster

I finished a table runner today. It had been waiting almost a year. Whew!
Old 01-25-2019, 06:45 PM
Power Poster

I really wanted to join up but this year has started out in the craziest fashion! My Mom fell and fractured her pelvis. We brought her from NY to Ohio for rehab and she will be dividing her time between mine and my sister's homes when she's released. Our dynamics will certainly change and a lot of my goals are now up in the air. I'm not complaining at all, just being realistic. So why do I keep buying more fabric? I have a zillion things to finish
Old 01-25-2019, 07:01 PM

well finally got some of my quilts quilted actually 4 and have binding done just have 3 more to finish. Also want to get busy and make the wall hanging that was started several years ago.
Old 01-25-2019, 08:42 PM

Boston, congrats on your finish! Check off another UFO for yourself.
Susie, hang in there. Taking care of your mom is more important than finishing UFOs. Maybe you’re buying fabric as a form of retail therapy. I know I’ve bought things I didn’t need during stressful times, & on-line shopping makes it way too easy to overdo.
Newbee, great job, finishing all those projects! You’re an inspiration.
Old 01-25-2019, 10:20 PM
Power Poster

Susie, will be thinking of you as you care for your mom. Hope that pelvis heals well.
Old 01-26-2019, 01:37 AM

I wish your mom a speedy recovery, both for her well-being, and so your life can go back to your normal. I moved in with my mother to take care of her, and though I love her dearly, it can be trying at times.

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
I really wanted to join up but this year has started out in the craziest fashion! My Mom fell and fractured her pelvis. We brought her from NY to Ohio for rehab and she will be dividing her time between mine and my sister's homes when she's released. Our dynamics will certainly change and a lot of my goals are now up in the air. I'm not complaining at all, just being realistic. So why do I keep buying more fabric? I have a zillion things to finish
Old 01-26-2019, 02:21 AM

Five more days to accomplish my goal of having all my UFO's sorted by the end of this month. I have been trying to take out at least one per day and deciding what to do with it. I am down to one office sized box of projects left waiting to know their fate. Most of those are kits I made up, but have not started, so I haven't decided if they are "real" UFOs or not. Two I had to throw away because the fabric had become brittle and was falling apart.

My list is at 23. Four of those of those are long term projects, six are finished floppies that just need to be quilted, and three are L/E's or crumb projects.

Over the VQW, I basted and started the fmq on one UFO. I sent off a few floppies today, a UFO or two, and a few orphan blocks to a fellow board member whom I hope will be able to use them for donation quilts. Another floppy went to a different board member for some much needed embroidery.

Progress is being made! woohoo!
Old 01-26-2019, 06:46 AM
Power Poster

Conchalea- you hit the nail on the head. It's been very stressful and buying fabric has been a release of sorts. But my Mom is my top priority! The other stuff can wait.
SBG- thanks for the kind words, hon!!! She's healing well but she's not a spring chicken
JJBLaine- thanks for your understanding, too
You are all the best!! I never feel alone as we've all been there or somewhere and can relate!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-26-2019 at 08:44 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 01-26-2019, 08:16 AM

I love all of the finishes so far for this month. Yea!!!!! I will be going back and counting all of the total this week and again Feb 2, 2019, so we have a grand total for January. Don't forget to send your PM's if you want them to count in our totals. Thank-you ahead of time.

Lets see how well we do in completing more of our UFO's for the last 6 days of the month.
Old 01-26-2019, 08:56 AM

Susie.. Lifting your mom up in prayer this morning. Thank goodness you and sis are able to give the care she needs.