Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread: 2019 UFO Challenge

Happylab, the preteen that is going to receive this UFO will be very happy!

I finished quilting one of my UFOs today. Now I must bind it - and I will be able to check one UFO off my list. I already feel that I have made considerable progress. And the weekend is only starting...

Vasilisa, either you are Wonder Woman or just a bit of an over achiever! Wow all of those quilts and work and of course holiday events I am sure. I know when one is on a roll it feels so good to accomplish tasks, but know that you can give yourself some grace to enjoy the world around you too. Doing something to keep yourself healthy so you can quilt for many years more is an investment in, you. I am envious of your drive! Not the one to work, but your passion to take on the UFO tasks.

But, consider this........ if you get all of your UFO's finished in 2019, you won't be in this group next year. That would be sad. This group is filled with such fun, silly, crazy, driven, happy devoted quilters and we would miss you and your comments from Germany. Maybe you should put one UFO aside for next year just so you can stick around. Tee-Hee Hee! Happy quilting my dear and enjoy your very full and wonderful life.

Thanks, I am enjoying the world around to the full! And there is at least one UFO that I leave for the next year.

Btw., I'm from Poland, not Germany. They are our neighbour on the west side

Good morning everyone. Iím in the process of putting my 10 old ufo on my long arm. I just hope I have enough black batting to fit. When I made that 10 year old quilt top I was going through using black background and bright batiks. Several of my quilts were made with bright batiks and black background. But I progressed to off white and creams for background. Itís funny the way we go through different color phases. I still love my batiks.

Next week or week/weekend I will post more of my completed UFOís. I have about 4-6. Most are small projects.

Vasilisa, again welcome to the group. Iím looking forward to hearing great stories on life in your part of the world and seeing your finished quilts. Itís alright for you to lurk in the background and talk to us, if you donít have any UFOís next year. We enjoy chatting with you. Iív Always wanted to visit Poland when I was younger, never made it there though.

Question of the day. What size in inches do you consider a floral print to be, to be considered a small print? Does the small print need to be plentiful on the fabric or can it be spread out?
    Last edited by happylab; 11-24-2019 at 07:21 AM. Reason: spelling correction.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Thanks, I am enjoying the world around to the full! And there is at least one UFO that I leave for the next year.

Btw., I'm from Poland, not Germany. They are our neighbour on the west side
    Apologies, for some reason, I was thinking Germany, obviously. Silly me. I do know my European countries especially since my maternal grandparents are, one from Germany and one from Poland. Opps!

Don't worry

Today is the last day of my vacation. I spent a part of it on a trip, where I found an unexpected quilt inspiration (I will share, for sure). The other half I spent quilting - this explains the roll probably.
    I managed to finish another UFO top yesterday. I don't have good banking fabric big enough, though, I will probably piece it from 2-3 smaller chunks.

Hello!! I have moved into my new home and unpacked all the boxes. The first room I Organized was my sewing room! HA! I just wanted that set up so I could sew a bit in the evenings after unpacking and organizing all day. I have 3 completed quilt tops ready to quilt. Two are UFO's completed early this year before I moved and one was really a WIP that I worked on in my RV while house being built. These are all applqiue tops so I'll be doing them myself on my domestic. Two of the three have been sandwiched and are ready to go. The other will be sandwiched over the holiday weekend. I hope to get one done this weekend since it is for my guest room. And, while organizing my sewing room, I hung all the mini's I made in preparation of my future sewing studio. So exciting to see my vision come to life. I'll share photo's this weekend of quilts as I complete them. Once all these are done, I'm going to finish up the Farm BOM I had to stop doing cuz of the move. Then.....new projects!!! Woohoo!
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Congratulations, Teen! That must be the best feeling.

I have a UFO finish for November. I finally finished the binding on this quilt, which I was working on back at the beginning of the year. I haven't washed it yet, so it isn't totally, completely done, but I hope to do that tomorrow.

This was the first fat quarter bundle I ever bought! (which led to many, many more) I also added some bright blenders and quilted it from the back because the front was so busy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by joe'smom; 11-26-2019 at 08:23 PM.

Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations, Teen! “Life is short; unpack the sewing room and eat dessert first”.
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it difficult to plan the day.

Kris

I think it's a little late to get much finished for 2019, but I do admire those of you who did. I really would like to get a few older projects finished next year. I'd like to be realistic, but at the same time make a noticeable dent.

Congratulations teen! And post pics of the new sewing room when you get time!!!

Rob
    1955 Singer Featherweight 221/ Late 60's early 70's White Selectronic 970/
    1975 Kenmore 158 model 1914/. 1981 Brother VX560/ Brother PC420PRW/
    Brother PQ1500s/ HQSweetSixteen

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Teen View Post
    Hello!! I have moved into my new home and unpacked all the boxes. The first room I Organized was my sewing room! HA! I just wanted that set up so I could sew a bit in the evenings after unpacking and organizing all day. I have 3 completed quilt tops ready to quilt. Two are UFO's completed early this year before I moved and one was really a WIP that I worked on in my RV while house being built. These are all applqiue tops so I'll be doing them myself on my domestic. Two of the three have been sandwiched and are ready to go. The other will be sandwiched over the holiday weekend. I hope to get one done this weekend since it is for my guest room. And, while organizing my sewing room, I hung all the mini's I made in preparation of my future sewing studio. So exciting to see my vision come to life. I'll share photo's this weekend of quilts as I complete them. Once all these are done, I'm going to finish up the Farm BOM I had to stop doing cuz of the move. Then.....new projects!!! Woohoo!
    Congrats Teen...what's this about UFO's? Will patiently wait for pictures; looking forward to seeing your mini's.

Nice finish joe's mom!

I'm almost done with my sorting, but it's going slowly. I put 2 small tablerunners on the LA using the same backing. Quilted them with a simple panto and now the binding is on! So 2 UFO TR done for me! They are spring ones..helps take away the sting of the snow we got overnight.
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho
    Nothing's too small...I love miniatures.

Last week, some one unfamiliar to the LQS staff asked if they knew anyone that made charity quilts. So....guess who they thought of? Lol! In 1 of the 4 bags, there were 9 finished blocks and 4 partially finished with enough cut pieces to finish those 4. There were also some extra squares/strips that I didn’t know where to use them that will go in my stash.

So in honor of the person whose UFO this was, I set it on point and used all 13 blocks. My church group will finish it and donate. 69.5” by 80.5”. I found a small piece of yardage that I used as the stop border and it made sense to cut it lengthwise which I also did with the outside border. Wow did that work nicely.

Name:  3C4AB775-5FA0-455C-BCEF-D497EC5447DB.jpeg
Views: 186
Size:  183.9 KB
    Connie

Blog Entries
    Very nice, Connie! You do so much with limited fabric choices!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Connie, I love the setting fabric you used. It looks like a Christmas quilt to me.

It's wonderful, retiredteacher! Great idea to set on point. Some quilts just "click" when assembling.
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Oksewglad.....here are my mini's so far. I need to get my quilt hangers on some of them but I just thumb-tacked until I could figure out placement. I have more for another wall but need to get the Murphy bed in first.. You can see the pinwheel quilt block tile floor in the bathroom area, too. Lol..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Thanks for showing them Teen. I have wanted to make the tessellating house one for quite a while...the little houses to the right of it is sweet too. Just lovely...you must be having a ball getting everything put together!
    Don't worry spider.
    I keep house
    casually.
    ---Basho

Very pretty, Teen! Enjoy.
    Connie

They are all pretty, but my favourite is the sampler in the American flag colors.

Sorry, I haven't had much of an opportunity to get anything I had on my list completed, but I did get two sets of squares sewn for my friend. This only counts toward my Moratorium--not a UFO.

I did think that you would enjoy my "Inspector" after Thanksgiving dinner. I couldn't find him while we were eating. Apparently my brother was at the other end of the table feeding him ham the entire time. He had three different locations where he could lay and watch everything without moving a muscle.

Name:  Patch-Turkey Coma 2019.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  533.2 KB
    Madeline

He is a content dog.
    Connie

Teen-love your display of your minis. I especially love the hilltop house ( I think that is what it is called). I have that pattern and haven't done it yet-it feels a little intimidating to me. Was it easy to make? Really love your quilts

Blog Entries
    Teen, great wall of minis. I bet it brings you smiles every day. I'm so glad that yall are making your new home yours this holiday season.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee
    https://www.quiltinaday.com/eleanora...nontheFarm.asp

Thank you, everyone! I love that I could finally hang them after making and stacking in preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    Teen-love your display of your minis. I especially love the hilltop house ( I think that is what it is called). I have that pattern and haven't done it yet-it feels a little intimidating to me. Was it easy to make? Really love your quilts
    Jordan...thank you...I like that one ,too. It's called Hillside Houses and the pattern came in three different sizes. I chose the mini and the only challenging aspect of the pattern was keeping track of color placement. The blocks had portions of multiple houses in them so it about did my head in. Lol..The larger sizes would probably be easier with the bigger pieces of fabric used. I think there is a layout included that you can color in the colors...probably should have done that..lol...oh well..

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35 36 LastLast