2019 UFO Challenge

Old 11-13-2019, 08:10 AM

While I was "Tote-diving" last weekend, I also found three more embroidered wildlife squares sets that were given to me last year. Two of these already have the sashings and materials cut out to assemble the top. All that is needed is the borders. That is what the stash is for---right?

In addition to that, I found a Wall hanging/Pillow combo Deer panel that I had separated for another top. I need additional material to fill in the open space around the rectangular pictures (stash again ). I also need to decipher what I have scrawled on the sketch diagram to figure out what I originally planned for this one. All of these got pulled out so that they are at least in the fore-running for getting finished.

All of this is not going to be done before Christmas--let alone Black Friday...
Old 11-13-2019, 09:26 AM
Power Poster

Mcyclemad...isn't it fun to find these projects! I've been doing the same...and oh my lots more UFO's than I ever imagined at my house!
Old 11-13-2019, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Mcyclemad...isn't it fun to find these projects! I've been doing the same...and oh my lots more UFO's than I ever imagined at my house!
It's like Christmas--crossed with a really bad hangover. It is nice to say "--ooh I forgot all about this one ". Then you have that thought--"what in the world was I thinking..."

Everyone has that running list in the back of their mind--what am I working on, what is next in queue, what did I separate material out for, what did I need fabric for, who gets the next one... For some reason, my mental rolodex dropped these completely out the back--even the tops that were already done .

It is the most fun when everything is already cut out.

Last edited by Motorcyclemad; 11-13-2019 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Addition
Old 11-13-2019, 04:58 PM
Power Poster

Mmad...I finally confessed to my quilt buddies how many UFO's (big) I have found. I'm working on 2 of them right now. I'm quite pleased with myself. I have finished 4 large quilts since August.

And yes the moments...what was I thinking do surface..I'm not sure if I will deem it necessary to finish all those on my list!
Old 11-14-2019, 06:19 PM

Cute conversation on forgotten UFO’s. I can relate. I just found a UFO I started 10 years ago. I only need to quilt the top. I now have someone who is interested in getting the quilt top. A pre-teen here’s a pic of the top. [ATTACH=CONFIG]619730[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails eaef435f-d64e-443c-84a7-06f3b1ea0437.jpeg  
Old 11-14-2019, 06:21 PM

Welcome to the group Vasilisa.
Old 11-14-2019, 06:50 PM
Power Poster

Ah happylab...even better to find one that some wants!

I dropped the last "find" off to the Binky Patrol coordinator...it's a lightweight pastel quilt about 58 x 80..so a nice size.
Old 11-14-2019, 07:40 PM

I have 3 quilt tops ready to sandwich still...just unpacked my roll of batting....and I unpacked my Farm BOM project so I can finish that one soon, too. Still unpacking and getting sewing room organized....somewhat. But lots to do to get settled before I sit behind a sewing machine again.

Happylab.....I really like your 10'year old UFO. So cool looking so I can totally see a pre-teen going for that. I would, too, and I was a pre-teen a long long lonnnnnnng time ago...lol...Good job!
Old 11-14-2019, 09:10 PM

happylab, that really does seem like a perfect quilt for a pre-teen. Black and brights always look great together.
Old 11-17-2019, 06:20 PM

I haven't been around much lately, trying to get one of the young folk to help with downloading some pix that I have of some finishes but, no one has time.

Happylab, love that 10 yr piece, those colors are great, glad you got a home for it.

While waiting to pass some thing off to my 'long-armer' I put together a small scrappy about 50" x 50" I can take all the pix I want but never get them downloaded. Such a process, did a little bit of knitting while I was waiting

Happy sewing everyone stay warm while you work---cherryb