2020 Fabric Moratorium

Old 08-14-2020, 06:48 PM

Cattitude, What I think is .... I sure like that pattern. I assume it is in one of her books. Can you let us know which one. Beautiful quilt!
Old 08-14-2020, 11:43 PM

Cat- beautiful top. My vote is option 1 - make it bigger with borders.
Old 08-15-2020, 03:51 AM

Slight problem.....I checked BH’s site this morning and found Easy Street in her More Adventures with Leaders and Enders book. Unfortunately the image I saved and labeled as Easy Street only vaguely resembles her original design. I can only guess I saved an image from someone’s pared down version of the original which is set on point and has elaborate sashing.

I wish that I could give credit where credit is due. I deleted the image after I worked out my own colour placement on EQ8 and so I cannot do an image search. I hunted for a while this morning but could not find it again. The blocks are all fairly basic (cats cradle, flying geese, HST, 4 patch).
Old 08-15-2020, 04:05 AM

Lucky nephew, WMUteach-well done!

cattitude- very pretty quilt - good job tweaking the design.

Rob
Old 08-15-2020, 05:13 AM
Power Poster

Cattitude...that's one of the things I like about EQ...one can easily take a block and change it your way...good job!
Old 08-15-2020, 06:02 AM

Wow WMUteach and Catitude. Love those tops! Great colors both.
Old 08-15-2020, 03:21 PM

Default Sunflowers for Christmas

My Saturday finish for this week. I started this quilt during the lock down and my guild's first Zoom meetings. We replaced our spring retreat with Zoom off and on for three days and this is one of my accomplishments. I sat waiting for the binding since, March! Don't know the name of the pattern but it was easy and quick but most importantly, everything was in my stash top, borders and batting (pieced) was in my stash. I did have to purchase the backing.

Attached Thumbnails 2020-8-15-ethys-quilt.jpg  
Old 08-15-2020, 05:59 PM

Cattitude: Very pretty!

WMUTeach: Very pretty and a great way to use the big print flowers.
Old 08-16-2020, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by Cattitude View Post
Slight problem.....I checked BH’s site this morning and found Easy Street in her More Adventures with Leaders and Enders book. Unfortunately the image I saved and labeled as Easy Street only vaguely resembles her original design. I can only guess I saved an image from someone’s pared down version of the original which is set on point and has elaborate sashing.
This is what I find with BH's designs. Its seems like they are aleays fussy with 1000 pieces. I really like her (her blog anyway) and respect her design ability....but the patterns are not my cuppa.
BUT there is no reason you CANT take her design and use it as inspiration for something else. So don't flog yourself . continue to make pretty things.
Old 08-16-2020, 05:10 AM

Another nice one WMU Teach! Great job as usual creating a lovely top from stash.

On my end, I slipped up a bit......Clicked place order on Friday. 3 purchases were needs, 2 notions plus a black batik for an ongoing project.

Now for the indulgences! I have been resisting a fabric with corgi dogs all year and finally gave in and ordered a yard. My niece is corgi crazy and I plan to make a simple tote and a couple of masks for her. I also ordered a snowman panel. I do not need anymore snowman fabric, and do not know what I am going to with it so that one is a definite fail!

To finish things off I gave in to the Daily Deal and ordered 2 cute charm packs of blenders with pins on them. I plan on making a small wall hanging for my sewing room sometime down the road.

My guilt is tempered by the fact that I have completed 17 tops this year, all from stash and when required, in/out purchases. I have several more on the go and kitted up. My goal is to complete 8-10 more before the end of the year.

My stash was not large and the cupboards are looking quite bare now. That makes me feel relieved, not sad. Having all that fabric with no plans created much anxiety and I am happy to be using it. I believe this exercise will have a permanent effect on my buying habits and that is a good thing!