2020 Fabric Moratorium

Old 08-12-2020, 05:35 AM

Iceblossom: I agree the fabric isn’t going anywhere unless we help it out of the house. I am planning on putting some yardage of Christmas fabric on a friend’s garage sale.

oksewglad: I have only made a few masks but I know they take time.

I have been ignoring my machine for a week or so. There have been a few days where I have not even turned it on. My mind is hopscotching too although I have been organizing and cleaning in my sewing area. My plan today is to put away all of the fabric on my cutting and ironing tables. Then I want to get my second machine cleaned so I can pull out the UFO that needs a few more blocks appliquéd so out comes another project. Lol!

I have finished 16 tops since mid March so fabric has been used.

Last edited by retiredteacher09; 08-12-2020 at 05:40 AM.
Old 08-12-2020, 06:52 AM

Hopscotching here too. Was trying to get a UFO finished, but needed to dye/paint some fabric for the backing and was out of the fabric medium I use. So I ordered some on Saturday and it was supposed to be here yesterday. Unfortunately, I received an email from Amazon saying it was delayed (which usually means lost in transit). If it’s not here by tomorrow I can have them send a replacement or issue a refund- aargh. The dye process takes at least four days. That means that UFO will be lounging around and being moved from one work surface To another for at least two more weeks assuming I get the replacement sometime early next week . So, I am working on another UFO, but it’s huge and heavy which means that Even though I have a suspension system on the Sweet Sixteen, I can only quilt for short bursts at a time before I need a break. Oh well, at least both of them used only stash, so that's a fair amount of yardage gone.

I also need to make hanging sleeves for 4 quilts and pool noodle storage bags for 6 that are currently folded and stacked in the studio. So that will use up a bunch of the muslin that I bought this past winter?spring?.

Rob

Old 08-12-2020, 06:00 PM

Ice & OK, thank you for the sentiments. Today, K & I finished piecing the top for my great GD. We share the work-I trim the pieces to fit & she sews them together. After lunch we put that top away & pulled out another baby quilt, requested by my SIL for her niece's baby. She sent a picture of a very cute top, along with fabric, & K & I are working on it. This one has applique pieces, which needed pattern pieces. K is the artist & drew the pictures. We have all cut out & pinned to the top. Some larger pieces are fused to the top & we hope to finish that part tomorrow. We have a new, huge roll of batting, & backs for both baby quilts. Neither will reduce stash much, but none of the fabric will add to.stash, either. It's a win!
Old 08-13-2020, 01:27 PM

Another finish! All from stash including the batting. Used up about 8 yards of scraps and backing. This is a Christmas gift for a nephew. The pattern is from the QB Mystery Train series, #18.

Attached Thumbnails 2020-8-12-marks-quilt-resized.jpg  
Old 08-13-2020, 06:19 PM
Power Poster

Well done, WMUT! I started that and really like your finish...guess I need to get back to mine!
Old 08-13-2020, 06:21 PM

Very nice, WMUTeach!
Old 08-14-2020, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach View Post
Another finish! All from stash including the batting. Used up about 8 yards of scraps and backing. This is a Christmas gift for a nephew. The pattern is from the QB Mystery Train series, #18.
A beauty!
Getting the batting and batting from stash too! Victory! Take a bow.
Old 08-14-2020, 06:37 AM

I really like that one WMUTeach.....nicely done!
Old 08-14-2020, 09:17 AM

Beautiful quilt, WMU -- and 8 lbs. of scraps! Whoopee!
Old 08-14-2020, 04:39 PM

I picked up this Edyta Sitar fabric on sale over a year ago. The plan was to get more when back in stock but in the interim I came to my senses and decided enough was enough. I brought in a couple of neutrals from stash to complete this toned down version of BH’s Easy Street.

It is only 60x60 and I have a choice.....one option is to use some of the extra fabric to make borders (pieced or plain) I have a full meter of the teal and .7m of the brown print. The other 3 are around .4m each.

Option 2 is to use some of the teal for binding and throw the rest into a pieced back along with 1m of a print I could not use in the top.

Let me know what you think.
Attached Thumbnails 811da9bf-8bd4-4387-a85e-006cda5a04ef.jpeg   8a5dc881-79f5-42b9-8d00-6bfc439240c5.jpeg