Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt >

Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt

Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt

Old 12-22-2015, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by AlvaStitcher View Post
Thanks ladies for the KITB (kick in the butt) �� This quilt WILL be done by Christmas!!!!
One of the quilts I made for a Christmas gift is done and ready. Yay! Made a disappearing 9-patch in red, black, white and gray. Did a meandering stitch in hot pink. Looks like red until you really look at it. I like it!
Who would have thought to do it in hot pink. That would have terrified me to death, have to match, have to match. That took guts, would love to see that!!!
Old 12-22-2015, 06:18 AM

I think I have seven sets left to make, then trimming. I've not done this before but I think I'll wait to see the placement before I sew the units together. I far prefer scrappy. I wonder if anyone actually sewed triangles with y-seams rather than bricks ?
Old 12-22-2015, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
do you think this group looks like martini glasses???

update: 26 sets done, 4 to go!!

i can't help the nerdy accountant in me from creeping out occasionally---did you realize there are 720 pieces in Clue#4 alone??? SEVEN HUNDRED AND TWENTY!!!!!!

i hope this is like giving birth----after it is all over and we have a beautiful baby Quilt we will forget about all the pain and suffering we went through to get it......

i think I am losing it......
So the question is this, this mystery quilt, are you trying to say it is driving you to drink, or that it is driving you nuts?? Either way, I love how everyone's is turning out. Great job all!!
Old 12-22-2015, 07:02 AM

AnngelAnne, Here are pictures of the red, black, gray and white quilt which I quilted with hot pink thread. Unless one looks very closely, it can't be picked up as not red.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]538563[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]538564[/ATTACH]
My meandering is still a work in progress but at least it didn't fall apart when I washed it.
And here is the quilt that I have started the quilting on for grand baby's Christmas. Again thanks for the KITB. It worked!!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]538565[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails joslynns-quilt.jpg   pink-quilting.jpg   paddys-quilting-started.jpg  
Old 12-22-2015, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by AlvaStitcher View Post
AnngelAnne, Here are pictures of the red, black, gray and white quilt which I quilted with hot pink thread. Unless one looks very closely, it can't be picked up as not red.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]538563[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]538564[/ATTACH]
My meandering is still a work in progress but at least it didn't fall apart when I washed it.
And here is the quilt that I have started the quilting on for grand baby's Christmas. Again thanks for the KITB. It worked!!!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]538565[/ATTACH]
I am impressed, it came out very well. And your meandering is far better than mine, but no matter what any of us do, its always a work in progress, I love there is always something new to try or do or see. Still think it took guts to try that hot pink, lol.
Old 12-22-2015, 09:11 AM
Power Poster

I found a green for the constant. Hope it looks as good in the project as it does in my mind's eye.
Old 12-22-2015, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
Wahoo!! Clue #4 is DONE and I am DONE IN!!! Far from perfect, but they will do OK for me. Hang in there everyone.
WOW Jeanne! Love that your blacks have white in them... mine are mostly black but that was what I had in my stash. They look awesome.

Joe'sMom - I really like your black... is it the same for all your blocks?

I can't imagine doing Y seams for these! Way too many for me!
Keep up the good work everyone. I was able to get one set finished. They still look like X-Wing Fighters to me.
Attached Thumbnails untitled.png  
Old 12-22-2015, 09:40 AM

AnngelAnne, it wasn't guts. it was , I have no red thread to match and don't want to have to run out to a store to find red". But it worked.
Old 12-22-2015, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by AmyBible View Post
Joe'sMom - I really like your black... is it the same for all your blocks?
Yes, my black will be the same throughout the entire quilt. I had been thinking of using dark greens for the black, and then changed my mind at the last moment and didn't want to try and shop for blacks so close to the clues starting (I don't have much black in my stash). Fortunately I had 3 yards of this one on hand. I like it, too, but am also loving seeing everyone's wide variety of blacks. They are adding a lot of pizzazz to clue #4!

edit

What a gorgeous red you have there!
Old 12-22-2015, 10:10 AM

I think they look like hour glasses. Everyone's colors are looking great.