Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt >

Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt

Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt

Old 12-26-2015, 05:52 AM

It seems like we still have lots of our black and neutrals to use. Have we used most of our red and gold? I wonder if the red and gold will be used together at all? Bonnie said in the intro that she thought there would be 6-8 clues. Do we think there's going to be at least one more clue before the reveal?

I did not finish clue #4. I have all of the left black triangles sewn on my reds and neutrals, and a few of the right sewn on. Gluing the tips has worked so well for me (thanks, Jeanne!). Not only has it improved the accuracy of the units, but the added stability eliminated the problem of my machine chewing up points. I must have had at least 50 chewed units from clues 1 and 2, and not a single one from clue 4. I'm using my Roxanne Glue Baste It.

I'll probably continue with clue #4 before starting #5. I know we're advised to drop the current clue and move on, but I've had trouble doing that!
Old 12-26-2015, 06:13 AM

I'm at work today won't be home until tomorrow. We are expecting the rain too. Our news said 7-12 inches over the next 3 days (including today) But to our west they are talking insane amounts of ice, so I'll take the rain. We are unseasonably warm and a cold front is coming in so there could be thunderstorms or maybe even tornados, guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Old 12-26-2015, 06:24 AM

We're snowed in here in SD - I've been working on clue 4 and hope to get it done and started on clue 5 today. I'm using my new Juki 2010 and so far really liking it.
Old 12-26-2015, 07:18 AM

really liking clue #5 I am at my DD but I brought the zip lock bags of clues with me......Clue#4 has about half that still need checking and trimming (so far, thankfully, very few have needed any trimming) so only have about 25 with me just so we could play .......today DSIL is bringing the motor home from the storage yard and we are going to the beach !!!! DD has a Singer 221 that works perfect on the RV table so we can watch the waves and my very grownup Grandsons enjoy some ocean (the GS visiting from Illinois) and sew some of clue #5....how perfect is this !!!!
Old 12-26-2015, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post
.......today DSIL is bringing the motor home from the storage yard and we are going to the beach !!!! DD has a Singer 221 that works perfect on the RV table so we can watch the waves and my very grownup Grandsons enjoy some ocean (the GS visiting from Illinois) and sew some of clue #5....how perfect is this !!!!
Sounds like heaven!
Old 12-26-2015, 08:21 AM

I would love to be sewing by the beach! But I will settle for just sewing, period! I'm about to head down to the basement now and plan to spend a good part of the day there - cleaning up so I have a spot to cut and sew. I hope there is something good on TV to keep me company! The guys will be watching sports upstairs! I'll probably check in with them occasionally but am really hoping for more holiday movies!
Old 12-26-2015, 11:17 AM

Only have to sew the pairs together, trim and I'll have clue 4 done. I should be able to get clue 5 done this weekend also.

New baby is doing just fine! DH told me if I ever decide I don't like it, he'll take it. I don't think that is going to happen

Now I have to go out to the Machine Shed and get some non-sewing work done.
Old 12-26-2015, 11:18 AM

For those of you who are working from the PDF (printer friendly) version of Clue #5, please note that the pressing instructions for the large rectangle units with the grey "flippy" corners are missing from the PDF version. The blog post instructions say to press toward the grey triangles. If you have printed out the clue, you might want to write this in for future reference. :-)

I just got home from work and hope to start sewing on the new clue soon. The rain hasn't been too bad yet but tonight and tomorrow is supposed to be the worst of it. Hope the tornados stay away from our area and that everyone else in the path of these storms stays dry and safe.
Old 12-26-2015, 12:03 PM

Done, done, DONE!!!!
Attached Thumbnails clue4.jpg  
Old 12-26-2015, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Podunk Princess View Post
For those of you who are working from the PDF (printer friendly) version of Clue #5, please note that the pressing instructions for the large rectangle units with the grey "flippy" corners are missing from the PDF version. The blog post instructions say to press toward the grey triangles. If you have printed out the clue, you might want to write this in for future reference. :-)
So glad you are feeling better, Podunk Princess. Thank you for this info; I was wondering about it.

Yay for you, Fraew! They look great!