Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt >

Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt

Allietare! - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 Mystery Quilt

Old 12-29-2015, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
I think those clue #4 units would make a pretty cool looking border.
Oh that looks good. So many great block and border ideas... even if these aren't they way the Mystery unfolds I think a lot of these would make great quilt patterns!
Old 12-29-2015, 10:45 AM

Joe's Mom....those are exactly like the border on one of the stones in Bonnies' picture of the inside of the church and she has a picture up with clue #5 that gives a clue about the snowballed bricks.....see the sawtooth border.... this is exciting.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:49 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
sewbizgirl, did you notice that Bonnie specified pressing to the neutral on clue #4?
No I didn't... ACK! Thank you. I'm going to wait and see if I can get away with them pressed open because they are so much neater and flatter this way. If I have to repress them later, I will. Yours are pretty, JM.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I think I'm going to join those of you doing the Quiltbug.com mystery on NYD. I have a bunch of I Spy strips from a recent swap that I hope will make a cute quilt for a child.
I'm looking at the website and can't find the mystery. Can someone point me in the right direction? Not that I need another project. LOL

EDIT: Never mind. I found it.

Last edited by quiltsRfun; 12-29-2015 at 10:58 AM.
Old 12-29-2015, 11:38 AM

Default My best guess so far

Those giant logs would finish 3" x 7" so they would pair with the X-Wing units (F 3x4) and a 4patch (F3x3).
That would still leave a finished 4" blank in the middle but maybe that will be Clue #6.

And that would mean the X-Wing units wouldn't be used in the border...
And that wouldn't account for the "on point" idea....
Maybe I should just get out my design wall and lay all the pieces out - on second thought that seems like a lot of effort....I can wait.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]539010[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 20151229_142849.jpg  
Old 12-29-2015, 12:08 PM

I have gotten so excited about all the pieces in this quilt that I started another one last night. I probably should be focused on finishing with my first set of fabrics first, but this is so fun I couldn't resist. Clue #4 has taken me the longest to sew by far. I have 12 of the 30 sets completed, and am alternating with sewing clue #5. Now I have clue #1 on another set of fabrics to add to the sewing mix.

I really enjoy seeing all the speculation on the setting of all these pieces. As has been stated before, I have seen a lot that would make a beautiful setting even if it is not what we ultimately are instructed to use. I'll keep all these ideas in mind as I work on other quilts, especially the pieced border idea.
Old 12-29-2015, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Splinter View Post
I have gotten so excited about all the pieces in this quilt that I started another one last night. I probably should be focused on finishing with my first set of fabrics first, but this is so fun I couldn't resist. Clue #4 has taken me the longest to sew by far. I have 12 of the 30 sets completed, and am alternating with sewing clue #5. Now I have clue #1 on another set of fabrics to add to the sewing mix.

I really enjoy seeing all the speculation on the setting of all these pieces. As has been stated before, I have seen a lot that would make a beautiful setting even if it is not what we ultimately are instructed to use. I'll keep all these ideas in mind as I work on other quilts, especially the pieced border idea.
You started a 2nd Allietare?!? How exciting! What colors are you using this time??
Old 12-29-2015, 02:55 PM

You guys are making some really creative guesses!! It will be interesting to see which of you were the closest. As usual, I don't have a clue!!

splinter you are a glutton for punishment! Looking forward to seeing what colors you chose for your second quilt.

I just finished the top for my new granddaughter's quilt. Will sandwich and quilt it tomorrow. At least the rain has stopped--got over 8 inches.
Old 12-29-2015, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
At least the rain has stopped--got over 8 inches.
They've been showing all the rain on the news! Terrible how much some areas have gotten. Glad it's finally stopped for you! Stay safe.
Old 12-29-2015, 05:11 PM
Power Poster

That's a really pretty layout you put together Amy.

Splinter, I can't imagine doing what you are doing! Two mysteries... I only just now finished my clue 4 blocks so I'm officially CAUGHT UP! Yay! It took forever to sew those clue 4s... I have no desire to ever use those blocks again in any other quilt! Well... maybe a mini. Ha ha...