Fabric Moratorium 2022

Old 11-09-2022, 07:48 PM

Petthefabric, 4P with sashing is NOT what that looks like. It's amazing and I'm sure those corners were a challenge!
Old 11-10-2022, 03:16 AM

Thank you SPAM reporters. You are keeping our site "clean" and free from what doesn't belong on here. What ever the SPAM was........... it is gone! Yeah! Gold stars for you!
Old 11-10-2022, 03:11 PM

Default Graffiti LA

2 full days of stitching, the top is a flimsy.
68c800bd-030c-461b-ae25-ca378592ef2a.jpeg the block is a 4 square

3d0fe0a3-cb25-4228-a28f-a915413dc910.jpeg 4 blocks make a neighborhood

1bbcc13f-5b3f-4fab-bdde-27822ee176d6.jpegthe whole quilt
Old 11-10-2022, 04:09 PM

Pet, your quilt is a stunner. What an ambitious top! I am exceedingly glad it is on your "To Do" list and not mine. Tee-Hee-Hee.

Here is another finish for November. This one is all from stash except the backing. The fall blocks were given to me and had been washed, oddly shrunk, so I needed to square up which made them perfect for this Pat Sloan pattern, "Table Topper Bonus Block #2". The rest of the fabrics were scraps from other quilts. Easy to complete and as a repeated block, it finished quickly.

Two more quilts need to have bindings added this month, fingers crossed.
Attached Thumbnails 2022-11-10-fall-charms-58x58-pat-sloan-pattern.jpg  
Old 11-10-2022, 06:54 PM

I agree, that quilt is beautiful and your attention to detail is astonishing, Petthefabric! Also love your finish, WMUTeach!
Old 11-12-2022, 12:09 PM

Default Another Finish

Ta-Da! Number two for this month. Finished the binding on this quilt last night. It is a mystery quilt from my quilting group that was started this spring. The colors are a little bit off because it is gray and gloomy here, snowing at the moment, but you get the idea. All from my stash even the back!. I started with the back and pulled colors from that to meet the requirements for the mystery. I lost about 7 yards of fabric from my stash and I call that good. I did send it out to my favorite longarm quilter because of the large open spaces and her quilting filled them well. This will be a gift for someone, just don't know who.

Now on to the next quilt that is ready for its binding.
Attached Thumbnails 2022-11-11-2022-mystery-quilt-more-accurate-colors.jpg   2022-11-11-2022-mystery-quilt-back.jpg  
Old 11-13-2022, 08:45 AM

That backing is fantastic, WMU, and what a great job you did of coordinating your top. Stunning finish yet again!
Old 11-13-2022, 09:17 AM

Gorgeous work, ladies!

petthefabric, your curve work is amazing. Any helpful hints for those of us who can't sew a curve that looks decent?
Old 11-14-2022, 08:59 PM

I'm very excited to report that the quilt I referenced in post #310 here (quoted below) is now finished and it works!

The 9P top, as I believe I mentioned, was made in the early 2000s with lots of random fabric. The back was mostly made of some fabrics that I was having trouble placing in a project and was planning on getting rid of. I used an old mattress pad as batting. Lots of using up and the only thing I ended up buying for it was the elastic that I'm using to anchor it over the headrests in the back of the car (in the third picture). :-D

Please do not look too closely at the quilting because a) I don't really enjoy the quilting part and b) I just wanted to get it done and attached and so I didn't really put too much effort into that.

Originally Posted by Gemm View Post
In the interest of keeping this thread on track, I'm attaching a picture of part of the quilt top I'm hoping eventually to turn into a quilt for her. A utilitarian quilt par excellence, if it ever gets finished... fingers crossed!
Attached Thumbnails car-quilt-top.jpg   car-quilt-back.jpg   car-quilt.jpg  
Old 11-15-2022, 05:39 AM

Default Cleaned out file cabinet yesterday

I have been cleaning out my sewing room and decided to get rid/donate all of my patterns pertaining to clothing. It filled 5 sacks and 1 box. I did not realize how many duplicate patterns I had! The next thing to clean will be my 6' bookcase crambed will quilting books and patterns.
Welcome to the 2022 Fabric Moratorium.

We have general guidelines, but please just do whatever makes sense for you. Although we call it the "Fabric Moratorium" the main idea is to not add to our stash and hopefully reduce it!
Here are some general guidelines:
* No fabric purchases "just for your stash" from Jan 1 until U.S. Black Friday (11/25/21).
* When you start a new project, shop your stash first. If you don't have anything that will work, then feel free to make a purchase. Hopefully at least some of the fabric for every new project will come from your existing stash.

As the year progresses, post your updates here. We can support and encourage each other, post tips on how you use your stash, and any planned new projects where you shopped your stash!

Let us know about falling off the wagon, everyone enjoys a great excuse to purchase fabric. Some members have come up with creative exemptions: ie trips, birthdays, quilt shows, receiving the Covid vaccine...I'm sure our imaginative followers will think of others.

Pictures are always wonderful!

As stated these are just guidelines, there are No Moratorium Police! Please do whatever makes sense for you and your stash. Just start using all that gorgeous fabric in your stash, after all, that's what you bought it for![/QUOTE]