Fabric Moratorium 2023

Old 02-19-2023, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Rff1010 View Post
The strip sets are 3 fabrics sewn in a stripe. The subcut perpendicularly and yes it will end up 8" square. You'll get 5 blocks per width of fabric strip set. 1/2 yard is 18". So you should get 6 strips from each half yard piece. Better if it's 20" to start then you can straighten up before doing cutting.
thanks. this helps.
Old 02-20-2023, 04:09 AM

WMUTeach - such a cheerful quilt!
Old 02-20-2023, 05:51 AM

I am trying to not purchase any new fabric. It's not going too well. I retired and am starting to quilt more, so ... January I bought 2 yards(it was cute), in February I went to a quilting luncheon and came home with backing for a small quilt. Hopefully I can get through March without a purchase.
Old 02-20-2023, 06:11 AM

I decided to sit on the icy ground for this month and climb back on the wagon next month. I keep finding clearance fabric at very reasonable prices. So I order. I backed off on buying fabric just bought 3 pieces of batting to use on king size top and to make a quilted jacket I signed up for next month. I’m looking forward to that class.

next few projects will be from mostly stash. I refuse and promise myself not to buy new fabric. I will post pics when done.

Old 02-20-2023, 01:05 PM

Trying to cement in my mind……DON’T BUY FABRIC. It just won’t stick. Today’s Bible lesson might help.
Within 24 hours of buying a brand new car, most likely something will show up being defective…..Worldly things don’t last. What do I treasure?
Old 02-20-2023, 03:19 PM

There once was a lady named Ibex
Whose fabric went up to the attic
For fabric she stalks
To put in a box
Then make blocks on the wagon for addicts
Old 02-20-2023, 05:46 PM

I am back on the wagon every one! After my jump off, I must say that it feels good to be sitting down admiring my new fabric. I bought enough for a quilt for my own bed and then some white on white background that I dearly love to use in my other quilting projects. Lolly's in Shipshewanna had a 30% off of everything in the store sale. That meant, notions, rulers, fabric, sale items, books, everything!! I did my best to support this store and the very patient and kind staff. Wink, Wink. I am set for a long time. Now back to my stash, WIPs and UFO's.
Old 02-21-2023, 09:38 AM

Somebody needs to support the economy. Best to do it at 30% off! Nice scores, WMUteach!!
Old 02-21-2023, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by mizkyp View Post
I am trying to not purchase any new fabric. It's not going too well. I retired and am starting to quilt more, so ... January I bought 2 yards(it was cute), in February I went to a quilting luncheon and came home with backing for a small quilt. Hopefully I can get through March without a purchase.
You can do it! Your purchases are not too awful. It sounds like you have a quilt in the making in mind. I can't wait to see it!! Fabric Moratorium quilts are the fun ones to see.
Old 02-21-2023, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by happylab View Post
I decided to sit on the icy ground for this month and climb back on the wagon next month. I keep finding clearance fabric at very reasonable prices. So I order. I backed off on buying fabric just bought 3 pieces of batting to use on king size top and to make a quilted jacket I signed up for next month. I’m looking forward to that class.

next few projects will be from mostly stash. I refuse and promise myself not to buy new fabric. I will post pics when done.
That is going to be a great class! I sure hope you get that king size top finished soon. Geterdone, Happylab! I can't wait to see it. What do you have planned for the candies?