Fabric Moratorium 2023

Old 05-05-2023, 04:16 AM

No need to be quilty. Fabric for a purpose is a good investment particularly when it is on sale. It is the fabric purchased for a mysterious, unplanned project to be completed sometime in the future that is something to give a second thought.two. OK, that is my opinion. I know that some of you quiltiy folk take great pleasure in having a stash that is filled what brings you pleasure. Other folks are just trying to contain stash, use what is on hand, and to perhaps even reduce stash. We all use this thread in our own way. Enjoy your purchase, Juliem1, and put it to good use.
Old 05-05-2023, 10:31 AM

Julienm1, I'm with WMUTeach on this, and would like to add that buying basic black doesn't really feel much like adding to stash because something like that might allow you to clear out some of the less versatile fabrics you have on hand. I'm learning this lesson myself - I have lots and lots of prints and patterned fabric but not always the solids and blenders to tie them together effectively so am now actively looking for those types of fabric. Enjoy your purchase and don't give up your seat on the wagon! :-)
P.S. $4.99/yard? I can't get fabric at thrift stores for that price... drooling!
Old 05-05-2023, 12:39 PM

Left over from making quilting sandwich. At quilt retreat, didn’t get to one of the hand-out projects. + leftovers= win/win..

img_0209.jpeg
one for; sewing room, bedside table, office, bathroom and kitchen.

Last edited by petthefabric; 05-05-2023 at 12:42 PM.
Old 05-05-2023, 05:45 PM

Pet, Do you have a pattern you can share for the tissue covers? I might make one for my sewing room. Perhaps you have a link?

One never knows when that might be the perfect little gift. Christmas is coming, don't 'ya know!
Old 05-06-2023, 07:51 AM

See what I can do. No link. May take some time.
Old 05-15-2023, 08:15 AM

Petthefabric, nice tissue holders.

- I have been good about not buying any fabric for a month.
Old 05-15-2023, 05:48 PM

Default Tissue holder

Figured, this is the only way the instructions will ever get to you. Hope they’re understandable. The origional typing is the simple version. I wanted more stiffness so I added seams and extra details. Ask away, if you need.
img_0214.jpeg
Old 05-16-2023, 03:18 AM

Thanks for the directions for the Tissue Box. I saved it to my pattern folder.

Oh, in the spirit of honest confession but no guilt, I did buy fabric yesterday. I purchased four fat quarter cuts to finish my Harrisonburg quilt. Stop laughing, yeah it was ONE yard into my stash, but it will be soon about six or seven yards out of my stash when I get it finished later this month. I am still on the wagon and have had about 50 yards of fabric leave my stash since January.

Last edited by WMUTeach; 05-16-2023 at 03:24 AM.
Old 05-16-2023, 06:24 PM

Your welcome. Fabric mgmt. more out than in.
Old 05-20-2023, 05:48 PM

No fabric for me for a while, but I did pick out a light purple so fine thread to quilt one of the mysteries with. Umm...it is a used cone. Will I have enough. Sure...maybe...hopefully...OK, so I decided I needed to order another cone in case I run out....but free shipping if I get 3 more cones. So yep, ordered the four cones for the free shipping. At least I got colors I do not have other then the one purple which I just may run out of.