Fabric Moratorium 2023

Old 05-21-2023, 04:44 PM

Hold me back. I hear tell there will be a HUGE collection of fat quarters on the give away table at my quilt meeting tomorrow night! We will see what I come home with or not!. Tee-Hee-Hee!
Old 05-26-2023, 12:59 PM

I saw a great piece of 108” wide backing fabric at MSQC and used earned points to get over a 3rd off. The fabric will be used for 2 future projects. I also found a tan backing fabric I liked. So I should see them in about 3 weeks.

I really think we should have a pass on holiday sales. I find great sales for $5-10.00 per yard. So far I have restrained myself. I need to start making the tops first. Then, buy the backing fabric for that top if I don’t have a suitable fabric in my stash. Most of the time I have suitable fabric in my stash.
Old 05-26-2023, 04:43 PM

Happylab, MSQ may surprise you. I ordered two three yard cuts of wide back a few weeks ago and it arrived in five days. Whoo Hoo!

I should have two finishes from my stash done for this month! One is a "Potato Chip" quilt and the other is a donation quilt from a quilter who can no longer quilt. Pictures by the end of the month...fingers crossed. Yikes that is only a few days away. Time to get the binding finished on the Potato Chip quilt.
Old 05-27-2023, 09:27 AM

I have been collecting frog fabric for the next Boom on here.... I'm confessing this here, because if I find any more frog fabric, I may need to get it. lol
Old 05-27-2023, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by sewingpup View Post
No fabric for me for a while, but I did pick out a light purple so fine thread to quilt one of the mysteries with. Umm...it is a used cone. Will I have enough. Sure...maybe...hopefully...OK, so I decided I needed to order another cone in case I run out....but free shipping if I get 3 more cones. So yep, ordered the four cones for the free shipping. At least I got colors I do not have other then the one purple which I just may run out of.
Fwiw, I LOVE So Fine! Just discovered it recently, and now I want to use it for all my piecing. I thought I would just use up old thread, as I have a tin full. But I find with the So Fine I don't have to fill the bobbin nearly as often, as the thread is so thin that a great deal fits on it. I was concerned that such a thin thread would break easily -- I tested it, and it's very strong. No affiliation, just a very happy quilter.
Old 05-27-2023, 04:20 PM

Default May Finish from my stash

Here I go with my finish for May, well one of them anyway. Its a variation of the Potato Chip quilt pattern, there are many. It finished at 50X50. That is where I ran out of fabric that matched. Fabric was given to me and came from a MODA collection of 2.5" wide strips. Some of the strips still had the salvages so could not be used in the quilt. The sashing and back were in my stash and now off my shelves. Yea!!!! I like the pattern! It is quick, pieced in one weekend, and quilted in an afternoon. Highly recommend giving the pattern a try.

On to the next nearly finished "fabric from my stash" quilt.
Attached Thumbnails 2023-05-27-potato-chip-2-.jpg  
Old 05-28-2023, 12:43 PM

I sold some antique quilt tops this month, one I bartered for fabric and took as part of the barter, 4 jelly rolls. I've never bought or used them, I hope I didn't make a foolish bargain. but the fabric was so pretty
Old 05-29-2023, 06:57 AM

Dodged! LQS having sale. Spent time last week snoop-shopping. Thanks to the sale, went home empty handed. Stash shopping cured my desire for the sale. Yeah!
Old 05-29-2023, 04:20 PM

Yeah! Pet! Stash shopping is creative and boy does it feel good to make use of what is in the stash. Three Cheers for You!!
Old 06-02-2023, 06:18 PM

OK, I am going to count this one as a May finish. I got the last of the binding finished on June 1. OOPS!

All scraps from my stash. Most of the colored squares were charm squares that had been washed and shrink out of shape. They were donated to me by a friend who had to give up quilting. I squared them up to 4.5" added some additional squares and away I went. The backing was from yardage purchased in the early 2000's. Another donation quilt to a local homeless shelter.
Attached Thumbnails 2023-06-02-donation-quilt-39-x56.jpg