Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Newbies challenge

Blog Entries
    Please if you want to register or have adopted send me a pm. I don't catch everything in the thread. And sometimes I just get confused. I am trying not to put people in as adopted while they are still working out the details.

We are listed down in Group Activities. If you aren't listed there or the information is wrong please pm me.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like a plan to me, the more the merrier. Something to look forward to, maybe we can do lunch.

Cookie

I am adopted!!!!!!!!!!! Panther Creek Quilting is my new momma. Thanks sooooo much.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi in PA
    I'm still waiting to be adopted and would like to know if anyone is from Pennsylvania, just in case I need actual hands-on help. Believe me I don't mind travelling and of course it would be on a weekend!!

Thanks,
    Kathi in PA
    Where in PA are you?

Quote Originally Posted by watterstide
    there is a
    beginners tutorial for making a 9 patch block

on connection threads..each week they are going to have a new lesson..

http://www.connectingthreads.com/tut...son_1__D2.html

Thank you thank you thank you for this webiste.

Quote Originally Posted by Deb watkins
    I'm still waiting to be adopted and would like to know if anyone is from Pennsylvania, just in case I need actual hands-on help. Believe me I don't mind travelling and of course it would be on a weekend!!

Thanks,
    Kathi in PA
    Where in PA are you?
    I'm approx. 40 minutes northwest of Harrisburg in a little town called Duncannon.
    Kathi in PA

Thanks,
    Kathi in PA
    Where in PA are you?
    I'm approx. 40 minutes northwest of Harrisburg in a little town called Duncannon.
    Kathi in PA

Quote Originally Posted by tkhooper
    Quote Originally Posted by SSutherland
    I see your name is Omak. Is that in Omak, Washington. If so, I lived in Twisp for 12 years, working of course so didn't know any of this. Now live in Coupeville, on Whidbey Island.

SSutherland
    Wow my first home was on Whidbey Island. Small world huh?
    oh, my goodness! .... time for me to fess up <g> I was born and raised in Long Beach, Wa ... small world with lots of places to wander, eh? LOL <wave>

Quote Originally Posted by sewcrazygirl
    I want to learn how to sew triangles without making then look like my 5 year old chewed the ends off. LOL
    Cut yourself some 2.5" blocks and use them as leaders, sewing them two by two every time you start sewing and when you are finished ... when the HST follows another sewn piece, the tips aren't so eager to go down into the needle space.
    Do you know about chain piecing? That is where you sew one piece after another ... for example, rather than cutting your thread between each triangle pair, you just put the next set in and sew it, and the next set after that.
    For example ... if one of your blocks takes four HST triangles, start with the 2.5" block pair (for the leader) stitch your four pairs of triangles, put your next set of 2.5" blocks together, cut your triangles ...
    know what? How about I just send you to Quiltville.com?
    It is a grand site ... pick any of her free patterns, and she will start showing you how to chain piece, all about leaders and enders ... and you will really have a good time while exploring there!

http://www.quiltville.com

enjoy <wave>

Quote Originally Posted by farnsworth
    If you don't mind cheating I use thangles they come out perfect ( I can never do that on my own!)
    Thangles aren't really cheating, but they are a bit spendy ... I bought a program at the LQS (Local quilt store) called "Triangulations" .... for about $30 I got a program that will print out HST (half square triangles) from finished size 3/4" up through seven inches.
    You choose the finished size you want, turn on your printer, print out the grid, put two pieces of fabric right sides together, pin the paper to that with a couple of pins ... sew on the dotted lines, cut on the solid line and you will end up with lots of HST ... and when I bought the Triangulations there was a program for making quarter square triangles for all those sizes ... such fun <wave>

Blog Entries
    Hi quilter2, I am your Quilting Mamma so let's see what we can work out.

Cookie

What I found really helps with the HSTs, is starching the fabric, and using a throat plate with a single hole.

I also use my dual feed (could use your walking foot) for piecing as is gives better accuracy.

Remember to change the throat plate back when zig zagging or decorative stitching. You go through less needles if you do. :)

The single hole throat plate is great for stippling/FMQ as well. I use it more than the other throat plate so it was well worth the purchase.

Well I am a new Mama and have also been adopted. brushandthimble adopted me and is willing to try and teach me needle turn applique. She may have her hands full.

I have adopted as well and dbarbey is now my new PP daughter. We are going to try and get her started in the world of paper piecing!

I am very excited and want to thank all that are involved in organinzing and coordinating this thread!

Sheila

yourstrulyquilts is now Vickie Linnea's Mommy!! Yea! I have a quilting daughter!!

YTQ

Blog Entries
    If you have problems with making HSTs you might consider my tutorial. NO expense beyond your fabric.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-37915-1.htm

Thanks,
    Kathi in PA
    Where in PA are you?
    Kathi in PA
    I am on the PA/NY border, on Rt. 14.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie's Crafts
    sewcrazygirl, I'm still looking for someone to adopt, I do lots of different thing, I teach beginning quilting.

Cookie
    Ok i am game if you are :) You wanna be my mama?? :-o :-o

Where is the list of mommy's and daddy's and their new atoptees? I can't find it now. :cry:

Quote Originally Posted by Panther Creek Quilting
    Well I am a new Mama and have also been adopted. brushandthimble adopted me and is willing to try and teach me needle turn applique. She may have her hands full.

I have adopted as well and dbarbey is now my new PP daughter. We are going to try and get her started in the world of paper piecing!

I am very excited and want to thank all that are involved in organinzing and coordinating this thread!

Sheila
    I think it is so great that you guys are taking this adoption thing so serious. And doing what you can to help someone else out.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

TRIPLETS!!!! I've just adopted Patty04. My family grows!!! :D

Did you find a momma? I live near enough we could get together some of the time. I don't know everything but have been piddling off and on for years.

Banned
    i need a mama!!!

I would like to adopt quickstitch if she is agreeable.

How is everyone going to correspond with your daughter/mothers? I know if my daughter adk me a question in this thread I would never find it.
    If working with PMs you can't send images, can you?

Page 12 of 75 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 62 ... LastLast