Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 13 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 63 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 1874

Thread: Newbies challenge

  1. #301
    Senior Member Kathi in PA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Duncannon PA
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb watkins
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathi in PA
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb watkins
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathi in PA
    I'm still waiting to be adopted and would like to know if anyone is from Pennsylvania, just in case I need actual hands-on help. Believe me I don't mind travelling and of course it would be on a weekend!!

    Thanks,
    Kathi in PA
    Where in PA are you?
    I'm approx. 40 minutes northwest of Harrisburg in a little town called Duncannon.
    Kathi in PA
    I am on the PA/NY border, on Rt. 14.
    I have seen your work and would like very much if you would adopt me? I think we can communicate either by pm's or regular email and maybe later by phone or visits. I just want to learn from other quilters.
    Kathi in PA
    :) :) :)

  2. #302
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,092
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Barb_MO
    How is everyone going to correspond with your daughter/mothers? I know if my daughter adk me a question in this thread I would never find it.
    If working with PMs you can't send images, can you?
    My twins and I have exchanged email address's and phone numbers...

    There is a way to include pictures in PM's, but I don't know how to do this... can someone enlighten us on how to do it? Please use a very detailed description, as most of us are not really computer literate :wink: :D:D:D

  3. #303
    Super Member Deb watkins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Horseheads, NY 14845
    Posts
    4,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathi in PA
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb watkins
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathi in PA
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb watkins
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathi in PA
    I'm still waiting to be adopted and would like to know if anyone is from Pennsylvania, just in case I need actual hands-on help. Believe me I don't mind travelling and of course it would be on a weekend!!

    Thanks,
    Kathi in PA
    Where in PA are you?
    I'm approx. 40 minutes northwest of Harrisburg in a little town called Duncannon.
    Kathi in PA
    I am on the PA/NY border, on Rt. 14.
    I have seen your work and would like very much if you would adopt me? I think we can communicate either by pm's or regular email and maybe later by phone or visits. I just want to learn from other quilters.
    Kathi in PA
    :) :) :)
    OH MY GOSH, I AM PREGNANT AGAIN. BIRTH IMPENDING!

  4. #304
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,092
    Blog Entries
    1
    Congrats on your pending arrival :D:D:D
    Wouldn't it be great if all births could happen this quickly LMBO

  5. #305
    Senior Member Kathi in PA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Duncannon PA
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb watkins
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathi in PA
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb watkins
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathi in PA
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb watkins
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathi in PA
    I'm still waiting to be adopted and would like to know if anyone is from Pennsylvania, just in case I need actual hands-on help. Believe me I don't mind travelling and of course it would be on a weekend!!

    Thanks,
    Kathi in PA
    Where in PA are you?
    I'm approx. 40 minutes northwest of Harrisburg in a little town called Duncannon.
    Kathi in PA
    I am on the PA/NY border, on Rt. 14.
    I have seen your work and would like very much if you would adopt me? I think we can communicate either by pm's or regular email and maybe later by phone or visits. I just want to learn from other quilters.
    Kathi in PA
    :) :) :)
    OH MY GOSH, I AM PREGNANT AGAIN. BIRTH IMPENDING!
    Thank you, but if it is any comfort my "birth"day was 2/24, so your labor should go pretty easy!!! LOL
    I look forward to sending you some pics of some fabric I have for a quilt and planning on picking some more to go with it on Saturday. My dilemma is I would love to do a Grandma's fan, but I would love to know what you would do with it. I'll post some pics this evening so you can take a gander at what I have so far and maybe you can help me with what you would get as far as fabric (colors, prints, etc.)I really would like your expert opinion!!! Thanks so much - Mom!!

    Kathi in PA

  6. #306
    Super Member Pamela Artman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Michigan U.P.
    Posts
    1,076
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyjean
    I am a newbie! I would love for someone to take me under their wing. I am a professional seamstress, but very new to quilting. I made a baby quilt and fell in love. I have started a lap quilt and ran into a snag. Now I am cutting out fabric for a rag quilt. I would love to learn the art of handquilting. :D :D
    Your quilt is absolutely adorable!! I just love it!

  7. #307
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    619
    Where is the list?

  8. #308
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,092
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by martha jo
    Where is the list?
    Click on the words "Quilting Forum" towards the top or bottom of any of the boards pages. Then look down on that page towards the bottom for

    "Latest open group activities:

    and click on

    Quilting Adoptions (help a newbie) by tkhooper

  9. #309
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,092
    Blog Entries
    1
    There are many tutes in the Tutorial Section. The series that ShellyQ did are geared for beginners :wink: She has included many wonderful pictures showing each step, as well as ideas for using the blocks :D:D:D

  10. #310
    geckogirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana / Alabama
    Posts
    366
    I just can't help but laugh and be reminded of the Doctor Seuss book "Are you my mother"

    :-)

  11. #311
    Super Member omak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central Washington State
    Posts
    6,053
    Life just got in the way of virtual reality ... :-(
    I am going to have to bow out of the adoption challenge, but anyone can PM me and I will be more than glad to guide you to the answers to any questions.
    This site is very well-suited for newbies with a variety of ways to interact with others.
    Welcome to all newcomers ... apologies for not being able to participate <wave>

  12. #312
    Senior Member Kathi in PA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Duncannon PA
    Posts
    411
    Pics of fabric...

    Kathi in PA

    Fabric view 1
    Name:  Attachment-30127.jpe
Views: 52
Size:  40.2 KB

    Fabric view 2
    Name:  Attachment-30128.jpe
Views: 50
Size:  41.7 KB

    Fabric view 3
    Name:  Attachment-30129.jpe
Views: 51
Size:  35.2 KB

  13. #313
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    686
    I have a new mommy now.

  14. #314
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    686
    That would be great. I'll pm you. Thanks so much, I am really excited.

  15. #315

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    10
    I have been adopted by Sparky. Thanks for this site and the women and men that are willing to guide us in the art of quilting. Thanks again everyone.

  16. #316
    Member brwnntwn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    64
    Quote Originally Posted by Barb_MO
    How is everyone going to correspond with your daughter/mothers? I know if my daughter adk me a question in this thread I would never find it.
    If working with PMs you can't send images, can you?
    I suggest trading personal emails?

  17. #317
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,092
    Blog Entries
    1
    With all of the questions about starter scraps, chain piecing, etc... I made up a quick tutorial on this :D:D:D

    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-38684-1.htm

  18. #318

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,301
    oh amma your the best!!

  19. #319
    Super Member omak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central Washington State
    Posts
    6,053
    Quote Originally Posted by STAR
    oh amma your the best!!
    DITTOES!!!! <wave>

  20. #320
    Power Poster Ninnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Athens Ga
    Posts
    11,448
    I am now Mommy to GrammaNan :-D :-D

    She is Nanny, and I am Ninnie :shock: :shock:
    We sound like an old Vaudeville Act :lol: :lol: :lol:

  21. #321
    Super Member tkhooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Gladys, VA
    Posts
    1,627
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by omak
    Quote Originally Posted by STAR
    oh amma your the best!!
    DITTOES!!!! <wave>
    And more Dittoes. That's my mama!

  22. #322
    Super Member Gwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brigham City, UT
    Posts
    1,909
    I hope I have a new 'child' soon.

  23. #323
    Super Member Quilt Mom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Headed home
    Posts
    2,417
    Quote Originally Posted by Barb_MO
    How is everyone going to correspond with your daughter/mothers? I know if my daughter adk me a question in this thread I would never find it.
    If working with PMs you can't send images, can you?
    We exchanged email addresses. That way, we can send images as well as converse...

  24. #324
    Power Poster Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem Iowa
    Posts
    15,800
    Blog Entries
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninnie
    I am now Mommy to GrammaNan :-D :-D

    She is Nanny, and I am Ninnie :shock: :shock:
    We sound like an old Vaudeville Act :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Mommy to Gramma is that anything like my grandfather is my uncle is my grandson? LOL

  25. #325
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,092
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by tkhooper
    Quote Originally Posted by omak
    Quote Originally Posted by STAR
    oh amma your the best!!
    DITTOES!!!! <wave>
    And more Dittoes. That's my mama!
    Ahhhh such wonderful praise from my DD#3 :D:D:D

    You are all so very welcome :D:D:D

Page 13 of 75 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 23 63 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.