Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 >

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

Old 12-18-2017, 07:05 AM

Great progress everyone. Sew biz , I thought exactly the same thing. I have been so busy with getting projects done for Christmas; I know that all will settle down in the next few weeks and I will not be so overwhelmed, at least that is what I tell myself. This is the third time I have had fabric to do BHM and have just let it pass me by, not this time. I am determined.
Old 12-18-2017, 08:30 AM

Clue 4 finished![ATTACH=CONFIG]585640[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails mvc-007s.jpg  
Old 12-18-2017, 08:48 AM

Here are a sample of blocks 1-4. Not trying to set up as any pattern just laying the blocks out so I could get them in a photo. LOL Sometimes I think some of my blocks looks too peachy and not melon. Oh well. It is what I had. I love seeing all the progress that everyone is making. The blocks are beautiful. Glad to see some that shows neutral scrappiness. Trying to make mine the same. I think all my BH MQ's have some the same neutrals in them LOL One day some of them will be used up.

Going tomorrow to have laser surgery on my right eye this time to remove scar tissue. My left eye hurt for the remainder of the day last week but since then it has given me no trouble. YAY!

Happy stitching to all and Merry Christmas! and Happy Hanukah!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]585646[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails first-four-blocks.jpg  

Last edited by AlvaStitcher; 12-18-2017 at 08:51 AM.
Old 12-18-2017, 09:00 AM

Oh my, everyone has been busy. Tsc, #3 looks great, love your colors; Kalama, you quilt is wonderful, so many small pieces. Looks great. GramE: Beautiful!! Those placemats are adorable! Kass: wow, that will be an amazing back!! Angelia, love the green! It pops with the browns. Imanna, love the colors also!!

Jane, no worries about being behind, busy time of year. It’s great we can print clues and work at our own pace. I still have #3 & 4 to do.

Love seeing all the progress! Today, I can work on cule 3. Yipeee!!
Old 12-18-2017, 09:05 AM

Cheesehead: It must be a great feeling to be all caught up. Love your will be amazing in the quilt.

Alva: I think your colors look great!! Good luck with your eye surgery tomorrow. Love your little dog in your avatar. Cute! Merry Christmas!
Old 12-18-2017, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post

KalamaQuilts, what a great idea to make a pieced back. Is it going to be harder to quilt though all the seams bulk? What color thread will you be using? I'm never sure what color to use on quilts with no set color scheme.
I've been doing nothing but pieced fronts and backs for at least 25 years. None of my long arm quilters have minded or complained. When I did hand quilting, even my Dear Jane quilt was double sided and it quilted up beautifully. For me anyway nothing I do is showstopper quality
Old 12-18-2017, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I had a scary thought today... with all these tiny units we are making, think how long it’s going to take to get them all sewn together. Gulp.
Yes! I have been thinking the same! That's why I have decided not to join in BOOM 20 even though I would love too. I think it will just be too much for me as I joined the Summer Block Swap too. So my 2018 goal is to finish as many quilts as possible before BOOM 21!
Old 12-18-2017, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
I had a scary thought today... with all these tiny units we are making, think how long it’s going to take to get them all sewn together. Gulp.
IMO, i’m Thinking that could be 1 reason Bonnie may be extending this mystery into January this time. Maybe, maybe not. Only time will tell. I know i’m Enjoying seeeing everyone’s progress so far. I really need to get sewing on this. No more excuses. Love lurking from the side lines.
Old 12-18-2017, 02:04 PM

Two of my Ringo fabrics (the blue print, and the black print) were in my Allieterre.
Originally Posted by AlvaStitcher View Post
Here are a sample of blocks 1-4. Not trying to set up as any pattern just laying the blocks out so I could get them in a photo. LOL Sometimes I think some of my blocks looks too peachy and not melon. Oh well. It is what I had. I love seeing all the progress that everyone is making. The blocks are beautiful. Glad to see some that shows neutral scrappiness. Trying to make mine the same. I think all my BH MQ's have some the same neutrals in them LOL One day some of them will be used up.

Going tomorrow to have laser surgery on my right eye this time to remove scar tissue. My left eye hurt for the remainder of the day last week but since then it has given me no trouble. YAY!

Old 12-18-2017, 02:05 PM

Love that you captured that hummer inside the triangle.
Originally Posted by AlvaStitcher View Post