Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18 >

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

On Ringo Lake -- Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017-18

Old 11-27-2017, 04:38 AM

You should see how chicken people react to the wrong "name" of a breed of chicken!!!! It is brutal.

I just don't understand why someone would get angry over how I press my seams in my quilt, it's not like they have to sew it or quilt it or even see it.
Old 11-27-2017, 05:32 AM

Those of us who quilt our own quilts on DSM, we need all the help we can with less bulk, Kass. From what I see many of the quilters on the FB send their quilts out to LAers. (Maybe I'm wrong?) For myself I'll glad you mentioned the spinning seams. I probably wouldn't have thought of it otherwise!
Old 11-27-2017, 05:51 AM

When do we get clue # 2? I'm not done with # 1 and I have an electrician coming today.

Marcia
Old 11-27-2017, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
When do we get clue # 2? I'm not done with # 1 and I have an electrician coming today.

Marcia
Bonnie posts the clues each Friday so you have plenty of time I'm going to start mine today. Yesterday I got side tracked making scrappy log cabin blocks. They are really scrappy! I have two more to make. I'm hoping someone in my family will like it, because it's almost too scrappy for even me!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  

Last edited by NZquilter; 11-27-2017 at 06:33 AM.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:05 AM

It's not too scrappy for me! I really like the effect of the yellow center. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a log cabin with a light center before.

I just have to sew my third tier to the first two rows of the 9-patch, hope to finish with that today.
Old 11-27-2017, 07:54 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
Bonnie posts the clues each Friday so you have plenty of time I'm going to start mine today. Yesterday I got side tracked making scrappy log cabin blocks. They are really scrappy! I have two more to make. I'm hoping someone in my family will like it, because it's almost too scrappy for even me!

NZquilter,...was just passing through to take a peek at the mystery quilt progress.
I truly don't have the courage for a mystery,
BUT, I love what your doing with your scrappy log cabin. I really like it!
Old 11-27-2017, 10:58 AM

Pretty log cabin quilt NZQ! I finished by 25 9 patches and my seams are spun, no quilting police here! The plan is to make a lap quilt instead of the full quilt in the directions. Looking forward to clue #2.

Jan
Old 11-27-2017, 11:08 AM

soccertxi, I see that you're in Arizona, so am I. Hmmmm, maybe living in the desert breeds rebels ....... lol
Old 11-27-2017, 11:10 AM

NZquilter, that is a lovely scrappy log cabin.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:32 AM
Power Poster

Beautiful scrappy log cabin, NZ... the yellow centers remind me of a light on in the window of the cabin.

I also got sidetracked last night. I was looking through scrap bins and found tons of children's prints cut into 2.5" strips. So I felt pulled to sew them up into... something. I ended up making blocks for the strip twist quilt. I have enough to make two, and may keep making the blocks til I've used up more strips and can make three quilt tops. These make great children's quilts for donation. However, my mystery clue 1 has yet to be done.

I got the email from Merry Mayhem's New Year's Day mystery quilt. Its a one day quilt... a clue an hour. Anyone else planning to do that one? You can make it from crib to king size.