Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Air Fryers >

Air Fryers

Air Fryers

Old 08-15-2016, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by callen View Post
I LOVE my Tfal Actifry. Uses only a tablespoon of oil or even less. I actually use this often (unlike many of our impulse purchases) & I am very happy with it. Can't do breaded items in it & especially onion rings (ask me how I know) but everything that I have tried, it does a good job.
Just a follow up note: When you make regular fries (not frozen) make sure you try & dry the potatoes (after slicing them) as much as possible or you will end up with soggy fries.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:24 PM

I like mine, for "faux" fried foods. You just have to know what you're getting into...it will never give you foods that have the deep fried taste...but it can get very close, and if that's what you're after, then they're fine. Deep fried food tastes so good because it's drowned in oil...face it..that's what we all love. !!! An air fryer will give you the crunch , as in fried chicken...but no matter how you cut it, the oil is NOT there! Having said that...you can get used to it...they make excellent fries with just a spritz of oil, excellent everything with just a spritz...and I like mine...but you need to be able to adapt. Also...the light...the first time mine came on, I thought it could light up a runway! It is so bright! I like it ...I am not into a ton of oil on my food..but if you are...may not be your thing.
Old 08-18-2016, 11:30 AM

We call them greaseless fryers. We would always fry a turkey for Thanksgiving and it was always too greasy. Got a greaseless fryer and do our turkey in it. It's delicious. Inject a chicken or turkey with Robusto Italian dressing and use the fryer. You will not eat it any other way. I'm from LA so we like well seasoned food. Good luck and happy eating.
Old 08-19-2016, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by granny64 View Post
We call them greaseless fryers. We would always fry a turkey for Thanksgiving and it was always too greasy. Got a greaseless fryer and do our turkey in it. It's delicious. Inject a chicken or turkey with Robusto Italian dressing and use the fryer. You will not eat it any other way. I'm from LA so we like well seasoned food. Good luck and happy eating.
....a turkey...whole! What weight! How long did it take? What about all that "liquid" that oozes-do yo line the pan with foil or something? I have a road ting chic in freezer, will try that...