Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Air Fryers >

Air Fryers

Air Fryers

Old 12-18-2018, 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by 1screech View Post
I love lmy air fryer. We don't usually eat fried food, but I use it all the time. I cook small roasts, biscuits, hamburgers, steak, reheat pizza, sandwiches, sausages, tator tots, broccli tots, cauliflower tots. The last come out very crisp and so good. It does not heat up the kitchen and mine has shelves and a blower. I got it at Wallmart for $129. which was less than on TV and I did not have to pay shipping.
Have not heard of broccoli or cauliflower tots, please fill me in. Do you make them yourself or buy them.
Air fryers are the new age toaster ovens.
Old 12-18-2018, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by 1screech View Post
I love lmy air fryer. We don't usually eat fried food, but I use it all the time. I cook small roasts, biscuits, hamburgers, steak, reheat pizza, sandwiches, sausages, tator tots, broccli tots, cauliflower tots. The last come out very crisp and so good. It does not heat up the kitchen and mine has shelves and a blower. I got it at Wallmart for $129. which was less than on TV and I did not have to pay shipping.
Sent you a pm, any info will be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-18-2018, 06:38 AM

I have a Bella Air Fryer and I hate it. I have to put water in the bottom, it will not cook on 400 degrees because it will set off the fire alarms. Even at 350, it sets off the fire alarms. I want to replace it with a new one, but there are so many out there it's confusing. Right now I am looking at the Power Air Fryer Oven Elite. Does anyone have one of these and what do you think about it? I am single and do not need a large capacity.
Old 12-18-2018, 06:53 AM

I have an air fryer and use it most everyday. I have cooked everything in it from chicken wings to cheese cake. It does not have the traditional taste of fried foods but it doesn’t have the fat of fried foods. I think it was a healthy wise buy.
Old 12-18-2018, 07:42 AM

Marti1943, what make/model of fryer/cooker do you have. Am looking into upgrading mine to do more things, I live alone as well but I would like to do more foods in one.
Old 12-27-2018, 05:02 PM
Power Poster

DH bought the new Brio Nuwave air fryer (as seen on tv) for me for Christmas. I've never used one or thought I'd want it. I have been using it the last two days a lot. The grands were with me and they want fries, pizza rolls, nuggets, poppers etc for lunch. The air fryer has worked great and everything is crispy and hot though out. I made our favorite fruit turnovers in it tonight. They puffed up big and tender. So far I'm a fan. It says it will boil, bake, grill, and toast. It will be fun to see what it can do.