Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
June 2012 Weight Loss adventure with a prize!!!! >

June 2012 Weight Loss adventure with a prize!!!!

June 2012 Weight Loss adventure with a prize!!!!

Old 06-21-2012, 10:09 AM
mim

I've beeen off line for a week with a very sick laptop that had to be completely re loaded. Thank goodness I have Carbonite as my file backup. For a dollar a week, my files are completely saved.

I haven't done all that well with my weight but I have gotten rid of a couple pounds this month. Maybe by the end of the summer ??? DH is also doing well. All the outside works helps, I know. And the hot weather for the last couple days helps too.

How do all of you manage who live with hot weather all summer??? I melt after 83 degrees.

Mim
Old 06-21-2012, 10:27 AM

Nice work Everrose.
I think it was potato chips as the taboo this week. That should be easy. though before I saw the taboo I was with my parents at lunch on Tuesday, we were checking out an Assisted living place that had Memory care (which my father will need) we had lunch there and I snagged 3 of my dad's potato chips. Bad girl, I know. But I had grilled Tilapia, rice and stewed tomatoes and skipped dessert though my parents and the gal who was talking to us about the place all ate some.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 06-21-2012, 10:30 AM

Cindy, we can all send you a buck or so for postage now and then. This shouldn't have to cost you extra to do this. I also think that if we all are all left to send out the FQ's our selves, it may not happen as often as it should.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 06-21-2012, 02:00 PM

Everose your fabric strata is pretty. I think it will sew up pretty. It will have the white swirl down the middle. I t.aught my spiral class today. There were 6 people. One of the ladies from the shop decided to join us since she was wanting to make one. She messed up her cutting but I think we got it worked out. Here colors won't swirl the same but I think it will still look good
Old 06-21-2012, 02:02 PM

Welcome, Carlton, you've made a wise decision to eat more fruits and veggies. I've heard good things about green tea and weight loss. Hang around, please.

Di, those will be gorgeous after they are cut and sewn together. I've done 2 like yours - darks on the outside with the light between and one strictly light to dark. I'm not sure which I like better.

nancia, I bought my ruler from directly Cheryl Philips for $19,95 with free shipping and the pattern free. She does a Christmas 'gift' to her email list. That was 2010's. I must have signed up as soon as I picked up a quilting machine. We were laughing at church last night about my reaction a year and half ago when asked to make a prayer quilt. "Sure, I should be able to do that". Mentally I was thinking I can sew anything so how hard can a quilt be? Wow, what I didn't know then. I went to the library, picked up a pattern book and my first one had partial seams. Dingbat!

Cindy, have we seen a picture of the purple quilt finished? If not, I'd love to. If you want to go back to the old way, we can, but it wouldn't bother me if the winner posted the names of people who sent FQs as she receives them. It would be a reminder to us procrastinators to get out posteriors in gear. I have been enclosing a $1 in every other mailing - quarters are too heavy. I'm sorry to say I haven't mailed this month's yet. I will get it out and as long as you haven't mailed nancia's, I'll include one for her. I didn't sign up last month, but feel I should have. Participants - you all have Cindy's address. It'll cost you the price of a stamp to mail her $1 if that's a possibility for you. If it isn't, don't be concerned.

My weight is up again. I'm getting tired of this and that makes me want ice cream. It's okay if one of you wants to be the diet police and virtually slap my hand. I just bought a quart of Michigan strawberries so for today, I'm all set. I have huge baked chicken breast left from chicken lasagna I made this morning for someone else, so I have no excuse to eat anything else.

Gayle, where are you? I need some company in my foot misery. I stopped at a resale store on my way home from the doctor and a hard cover book fell from a high shelf and landed on a joint filled with a plate and screws. Yowie!

I am losing weight and getting healthier. Eat clean, drink lots of water and move your body.
Judy
Old 06-21-2012, 04:59 PM

Ouch Judy!!!
I went to my podiatrist today. I can quit wrapping with the ace bandage. It should fit better in my shoe now. It is still a little swollen and gets worse as the day goes on. I still have an area that is numb, he says it could take up to a year for it to get feeling back. The scar area is raised and tender and I have a lot of scar tissue around the cut. I have been rubbing on it twice a day to work it out but it is going to take a bit to get rid of.
What's driving me crazy most is my stamina is just not there. I get exhausted so darn quick!!! Maybe it's cause I had 3 surgeries in 11 months, all under general anesthesia. I don't know. But if I did have more energy I would probably be walking on it too much. I have quite the limp at the moment!!!!!

Old 06-21-2012, 06:12 PM

anesthesia is very tough on the body, and not just immediately, but years down the road as well. he pain is nature's way of telling you to take it easy. don't feel you are being a slacker if you adjust to what you really can do! judy, i feel for you! i went to the patio to wash the dogs with the rapidbath and sat down on the stool which turned out to be a rickety plastic table. crash! fell into a rosebush and a window box and the pavers. (what is it with me and rosebushes?) i sat there and bathed the dogs. once you are down you've got nowhere else to go! it hurt for a bit, but i'm all right really-- but i have a fear of the plates and screws in my back breaking the vertebra. evidently i'm stronger than i think! and only a little stiff. the dogs were not thrilled. they are covered with fleas and flea dust. tonight they start comfortis. i hope it works quickly. the pet armor from wal-mart has been a totally ineffective waste of money!! costs less, but does nothing!! my poor ladies! monkey is on the bed getting dry. she also likes to eat rabbits on the bed. she's spoiled, but not that much! she is not allowed to do these things, but waits til we're distracted.
i haven't started my strata yet, but will tonight. or tomorrow!
Old 06-21-2012, 06:58 PM

Gayle, athletic tape/with prewrap is a lifesaver once you're done with the bandages. I still use it occasionally - I'm sure tomorrow will be an occasion. Did you try increasing your salt intake to see if it helps with your energy? You were acting like the Energizer bunny before your surgery - maybe you're just normal now.

nancia, that would be scary. I'd rather hurt a foot than a back. I have broken a large screw in each foot. I made the doctor dig the big piece out in his office on the first one. The second one is still there in pieces. That's the foot that got hit today. Oh, oh, Lily is on Pet Armor. Moira has an allergy to flea saliva, so she is on Vectra D from the vet. So far, so good with both of them. I've been looking for something different for Lily though she has one Pet Armor to go. Once a dog passes 50 pounds, the price goes up.

I have been tired all week. I think it's a combination of the heat and the feeling of just too much to do in addition to the stressful situation I know is coming.

Have a good evening, y'all.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:59 AM

Good morning. I am new here. I would like to join this challenge. Would someone be kind and tell me how.
Thanks!
Old 06-22-2012, 05:44 AM

Konnie, welcome. For the rest of this month you just post here whenever you can. At the end of this month Cindy will post a link to July's sign up. You indicate on or before the third that you are in for that month's challenge and are willing to send a FQ. In the meantime, feel free to join in. The first page of this thread explains it quite well.