boy was i ever ripped off!

Old 07-06-2010, 06:55 PM

I was laying out backing fabric yesterday, the 108 in wide kind. I came up with just maybe having enough when I get the top smoothed out on it. Lying in bed last night trying to figure out what happened because I always order extra, I realized that instead of giving me 3 yards I was only given 2 1/2! The big problem is, I can't remember where I bought it so I don't even know who to complain to. I think it was an online purchase. I'm pretty sure the backing didn't shrink 18 inches when I washed it. So if I can't make it fit I will have to buy another piece. Bummer.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Luv Quilts and Cats
Wow, I can see one mistake, but three???? How may other customers are they short changing. I think you have fair cause to report them to the local better business bureau. There sloppiness and bad attitude need to be reported.
Sometimes just the mention of the BBB will get results. But if they are not a member of the BBB, they may not care.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:26 PM

Send a certified letter to the owner of the company. You can get the name and address from the state you are living in. She may have someone who is working for her that is not honest. But definately, DO NOT BUY ANYTHING ELSE FROM THIS SHOP. There are plenty of honest shop owners.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by FunkyMonkey
maybe notify the better business bureau...
I agree-contact the BBB. If the quilt shop wants to have no black marks against it, they will make it right. The BBB is good about following up.
Don't let it go- if they did that to you, they will do it to others, and if no one speaks up, it will keep on happening.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:59 PM

As suggested I would report them to the better business bureau but I would also contact the local Chamber of Commerce and report to them as well. A lot of times they will make recommendations to travelers seeking out a certain type of business in the area, they should know the type of service that you (a traveler) have received, not once but 3 times.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:21 PM

i,ll go with funky monkey report them ,it a shame what some people will do. and the owner should be notified right away.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by beachlady
Sorry that happened to you. I always watch now. LQSs always seem to cut right on the line and it seems like their cuts are always an inch or more off.
These stories make me so sad. Quilt shops should be happy places.
I had an unusual experience at JoAnn's last wk. which surprised me. Since all quilt fabrics were 30% off, I picked out 5 pcs. I didn't really have plans for but just couldn't resist.

As she cut them, something told me to ask her to dbl ck the price before cutting. She had already cut one. She was giving me reg. price of twoof the fabrics. When I spoke up about it & reminded her of the sale price, she said she'd adjust the price to give me the sale price.

Then when another pc. came up at a high price ($8.95), she went to ck with somebody else. She returned & said "oh, these two fabrics aren't on sale since they are "Premium fabrics". I said all of those shelves on 2 long walls say it's all 30% off. Too bad for me. That really ticked me off but there was nothing I could do about it. I wasn't in a mood to fight for it so I just got 1 yd. instead of 3 of those fabrics. You can bet I'll ck for sm. print on those 30% off signs next time.

I don't usually take these things sitting down but I just didn't feel up to an argument.
Old 07-06-2010, 11:28 PM

If this is happening to you, imagine all of thee others who ezperience the same. There is a consumer advocact group in every state. What is doind is not only cheating customers, bu stealing as well. I would report to.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:01 AM
Banned

I am so sorry you head to go through this. I hope it all works out for you,. But I would be calling the store a couple of times a day, until you speak to the manager, Good luck, and God bless. Penny
Old 07-07-2010, 04:38 AM

I am so sorry you got ripped off. I would not allow them to get away with it!Find out when the owner will be there, gather up all the stuff grab your friend with the "big balls" and take a road trip make a fuss and stand up for yourself. Ialways say "Debby dollars are hard to come by" good luck