Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize! >

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

Old 06-01-2011, 09:28 PM

I am doing much better. I had the lapband surgery last week. It was a dream come true for me.

I will say that it is so strange to never feel hunger or feel the desire to eat. I eat about an egg-sized amount every 4 hrs or so.

I go back to the surgeon on Monday to weigh in and have the surgeon check out how my incisions are healing. I am excited about weighing in.

Missy[/quote]

It's a relief to see you here and sounds like you're feeling pretty good. I was pulling for you along with everyone else (even tho I was a 'lurker' the whole month of May. Let us know how things go at the Dr's office.

oops...guess I need more practice in boxing someone else's quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:57 PM

Please put me on the list. Thanks.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:04 PM

May's Weight Loss Winner is MissyGirl. Please pm her and ask where to send the pastel FQ. Missy lost 28.2 pounds.

Leann was second with a loss of 14 pounds.

I do not have a total weight loss amount for May as I did not receive information from everyone who participated. I am guessing the whole group probably lost over 100 pounds for May.

Journal topic:
Yesterday's topic was pretty difficult. I am still writing on it, and unearthing all kinds of buried objects...so today we will lighten up a little. Today's topic is Gratitude. Make a gratitude list of at least 10 things...number them, expound, draw pictures, whatever you feel compelled to do.

Motivation:
Let's take the Attitude of Gratitude into our Actions today. What will you do today that reflects your gratitude? For example, I am very grateful that I can walk (long story), so today I will walk 1/4 extra mile.

Quilting:
While you are taking care of your health, take care of your sewing soul, also. Take 30 minutes today to cut, sew, fondle fabric, any something to nourish your quilting habit. You need this 30 minutes to keep on track. Then reflect on how your attitude of gratitude affects your quilting, or does it?
Old 06-01-2011, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by fernheimer
Wow Xylie!!! That's a great loss! Congrats for keeping it off and taking off more!
Thanks.It proves it can be done.It wasn't fast,but pounds like penny's do add up after awhile.Mine was more portion control and sticking with it no matter what.I did tv dinners with a green salad,no bread,and lots and lots of water.Those expensive diet dinners gave me the idea.Today's tv dinners,breakfasts,are low in calories,and nutritious.And cheap in price to buy.I can't buy groceries and cook for what I can buy tv dinners for.And for 3 1/2 yrs,my blood work has been spot on,where before we had to 'watch' everything'.And only takes a few minutes in the microwave.I wasn't hungry,ate what I wanted to.In moderation that is.And it had about a 90 pound pay off now.My clothes and panties,and bra's are swimming.I pick them up and can't believe I wore them.When I broke the 200 mark,I was happy.But to be about 35 to 40 pounds lower,is even better.So should give everybody hope and determination,that if I did it,you certainly can too.And I can't exercise due to disability issues,so do use red hot peppers dried like at pizza place,sprinkled on my food.It speeds up metabolism,and burns fat.And I don't use a lot,it don't take much and you start sweating all over!.So,if your in that shape too,try it.It's cheap,easy to do,and stay on it,you'll drop pounds off too.It was a life style change for me.It's taken 3 yrs or so,but the 100 pound mark is in my sites,I'm reaching for it.Haven't got there yet,and if I do mess up,I get back on an keep going.As there is times I fall off.Like 3 mo. ago,15 pound gain from cake my neighbor gave us.I had to make 4 more because it was sooo good.Then I saw 15 pound gain,and went,oooowww,not good.Was at 160,then 175,then last month 160 again,then 8 pound gain so am at 168,now.So,I really need to get a hold of myself and continue on and get back on track,and stop this teetering thing I'm doing.Guess I'm not focused enough,I need to get re-focused and stay focused.So,good luck to you too.I already know,it can be done,because I'm doing it. And you can do it too.With all of us proding,and scolding,and bragging,and helping one another out,there's no reason why all of us can't make some sort of head way this month.Your not alone here,we are all in the same boat together,and together,we are all going to as Mary say's "Let the skinny girls out!"
Old 06-01-2011, 11:12 PM

I have had several ask me how to get the ticker onto signature block.

Go to Myfitnesspal.com. Register. At the top of the page will be tabs. Pick the one that says "tools". Click on it and the ticker instructions will be on the right side.

When you finish your ticker, it will give you a choice of two sections of print to copy and paste. Pick the one on the left, not for your web page, but for your billboard or forum.

Right Click and Copy all those words inside the boxes. Go to your profile here on the quilting board, Right click and paste those words in the signature box. The pasted message will begin with [url=http
when you place that in the box, go to the bottom of the page and hit update general information. This should be at the bottom of your signature in your next entry.

As long as you keep myfitnesspal updated, it will automatically update your signature on the quilting board. Very cool!
Old 06-01-2011, 11:19 PM

Congrats Missy,you deserve it.You worked your butt off literally.I commend you for it too and sticking with it.Should help us all out this month to know that it takes perserverance and hard work to achieve our goals.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:35 PM

I want to try too! I hope this will be just the incentive I need.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:38 AM

Hi all,I am new here too somewhat.But A really nice gal showed me how to "QUOTE reply's".You just push the "QUOTE REPLY" button,and when you type your posts,it will automatically be 'quoted' for you and you won't have to retype everything the other poster said.Hope that helps.It did me.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:40 AM

After the first shock, when I weighed myself, I had a good start. Went to the Krav Maga training yesterday, cycled 20 kilometres today to visit my granma and went to the gym afterwards for my usual weight training. It's only midday but I'm knackered. Tomorrow I plan on going on a leisurely hike with my boyfriend, cycle another 20 km the day after to visit my parents. Yep, good start and happy with it.

Edited to add: Should I actually win this "contest" - which seems highly unlikely, now that I saw how much weight the May winner lost - I suggest that purplemem keeps a couple of the fat quarters for herself as a big thank you for the initiative and as small "payment" for shipping all the remaining fat quarters over the big pond.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:16 AM

It looks like everyone is on target.
Missy congratulations for winning the FQ as well as the weight loss. Has the doctor said anything about how much or how fast he expects you to loose after the surgery? You must still be terribly excited. First all the conditions leading up to the surgery, now facing your first weigh in. I'm excited for you.
I did O.K. yesterday - I didn't journal but printed out the question so as soon as I get a notebook I will catch up. Stayed on target with exercise, 1 hour of vigorous water aerobics. I also stayed under my calorie limit so it was a good day.
Welcome all the newbies! I can't believe how many have signed up for June. That is really great.
Thanks MJ you're doing a great job.