Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize! >

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

Old 06-02-2011, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Originally Posted by createfourpaws
Originally Posted by purplemem
Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Hi Missy haven't seen you on here. Are you doing ok now? Have your nerves settled down? I also would like to know how many signed up this month. Mary
Everyone who has signed up has posted on the thread, remember this is just June 1. We usually have stragglers, especially since I have not closed the other thread yet.

Would anyone like to list or count the participants for us?
Ok if i have gotten everyone we have 51 and they are as follows so if I left you out I am sorry.

1. Purplemem
2. Thusnelda
3. Little roO
4. JHolm
5. Nancia
6. gothchacovered
7. deedum
8. deedee75
9. Ljs317
10. dash2000lbs
11. Trkrsyf
12. NannySandy
13. Irish Rose
14. Red Kimba
15.Rita's mom
16. Radiana
17. Scrapngmom
18.Lauriejo
19.Kdaduzy
20.Leann
21.Xilie55
22.createfourpaws
23. Dananva
24. Missy
25. sewNso
26. pinebettquilter
27. pinsninks
28. quilt happy gail
29.bprayeredup
30.cheri62
31. globug
32. thomp116
33. lawsonmugs
34. PamH
35. pnptrapp
36. 76& counting
37. Janice4
38. prairier quilter
39. cricut_farmer
40. mean mom
41. jgriinke
42. physcomomquilter
43. swcrazzy
44. wmuteach
45. LindaG
46. gramabiese
47. pamibear
48. sophie2
49. quiltin'gran
50. buttermilkmama
51. Crafty Chick

Again if I left you I am sorry.

Good Luck Ladies.
Cindy
52. Linz83
53. Kieta
54. Jennifer22206
55. JackieSue
56. Fabricnut
57. patcnunt

Good luck
58. fernheimer
59. sapdoggie
60. linmid
61. mama4dylan

welcome ladies.

Someone is getting lots of fq's sometime in july.

Cindy
number 19 should be skaduzy. Please correct :-)
OOPS my mistake. Sorry for leaving a letter out skaduzy. Consider it corrected, I cant go in and edit that message.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:17 PM

Hi--I want in again!
Old 06-02-2011, 02:33 PM

missy-- tell me about your scuba dog avatar! he/she looks adorable!
Old 06-02-2011, 02:39 PM

create4paws-- go walk the mall! leave your purse (and the credit cards in the car. for me shopping is more temptation than eating). a lot of the bigger malls open early for walkers.some even posted signs for distances and other info. i used to do it. there's usually several people at all times of day and they get to be a little community. it's fun and self-paced.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:43 PM

I'd like to join the challenge this month. Maybe it will give me the incentive to finally start losing weight again.

I lost ~45 pounds about 8 years ago, got down to a good enough weight, then in the last 2-3 years it slowly came back on. Yuck!
Old 06-02-2011, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Missy, :thumbup: That's a huge weight loss when you consider it was done before the surgery - just a strict resolve to stay on track with your eating and exercise.

Leann, 14 pounds and a dress size is a winner in anyone's book.

Newbies: Any weight loss is great and I'm never sure if we should be striving to lose more than 2 pounds a week. For those of us who have ever attended Weight Watchers, remember the first week for new members when 7 pounds wasn't unusual, then the next week, it was 1 1/2 or 2 on the same food plan. I also remember cutting off my long hair and wearing nothing but a sundress for the final weigh in because my goal weight was unrealistic. Live and learn.

MJ, you didn't hear from me because my weight loss was 0. I lost the weight I gained on the steroids, but only back to the May starting point. I expect better from me this month. 5 pounds, Xylie?? Help!
It's hard with steroids.They are just water retainers and bloat you up and add weight.I know my sister is on them. 6 yrs ago we did a stem cell transplant I donated my cells as I was a good match,and she's been cancer free ever since.But the host verses graph side affects are a bitch for her when they flair up.Her cells fight mine,but that's good,it shows mine are kicking the crap out of her bad cells and keeping her free of cancer.She was stage 4.She now is on steroids.She's gained weight too,but the dr. say it's mostly water weight.So she is on a diet too.And has lost some already.So,I know what your saying.But know you can do it also.There has to be something you can cut or replace with something else.Like I don't do pop,but if I did,I would replace it with flavored water.Or limit them to 1 a day.I know people who go all day long with a diet soda in their hands.And those are a lot of extra calories.I'm just using pop as an example.we all have our weaknesses.Mine is pasta,so I limit mine to 3 times a week.Or,I'd eat it every night.If nothing else,sprinkle some,not a lot,of hot red peppers flakes.It really burns calories.And there are other foods that do as well.Maybe google "foods that burns calories".As there is quite a few.And I know they work,cause they work for me where I can't exercise.And some are great snacks in between meals.Good luck,and I know you can do it.Just 1.25 lbs a week to lose.And also,the dr. told me the more water we drink,the more water it flushes out.May have to watch sodium tho,like salty foods.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:59 PM

I didn't see me on the list. I'm giving it my all! Carreen
Old 06-02-2011, 03:35 PM

I would like to join in!! I have just bought a treadmill and have a new rule, no quilting till I have been on the treadmill!! :)
Old 06-02-2011, 03:38 PM

Cindy I know you can do this. I have a friend that was in your shoes a year ago and with the diet and exercise she got from her doc. she got off the meds and is in control. It's a daily battle but we are here to help support you on good days and bad days. Try one of those indoor walking tapes/dvd's I have one and it really gives you a workout.
If I would just hook up the dvd player to the bedroom tv I could have lost more that the 3 # in May.
Hang in there everyday is one step closer to success.
Hugs
Gail
Old 06-02-2011, 03:38 PM

pinsnink-- hope you're joining us in the over the pond challenge! i'm going to need your help if the americans are going to win!