2019 Fabric Moratorium

Old 01-08-2019, 06:52 PM

Wonderful news, Irishrose!! You are such an inspiration in so many ways! Praying for continuing good reports. God bless...
Old 01-08-2019, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
So glad to hear how well you are doing, Irish Rose. It's nice when it can all be completed in one day. Take it easy and don't overdo.
I have had over a month of mammograms, ultrasounds, a biopsy and doctor app'ts. Made for a busy Christmas season - I cooked two dinners - one for 21 and one for 15, plus bought and wrapped 74 gifts - including the one I made.

Today started with another EKG - yesterday's showed something, but the tech couldn't tell me much. Then a mammogram and placement of a wire to show the surgeon where to cut - then the surgery - a lumpectomy - at least golf ball sized. Long time in surgery, short time in recovery. I'm going to bed, which is early for me. Good night.
Old 01-08-2019, 11:25 PM

Since Jan 1, 24 yds have left the stash; 4 quilt tops & backs. Now to get the quilting finished.

Been reading "Nancy Crow". The paragraphs were encouraging: "focus" "it's not working". I see myself in her writing. And she works to the late night hours. Helping me to define my next direction.

LQS has a fabric on sale that has been calling me for months. It's still there, so it's not calling anyone else. So I think I'll get it. Claiming travel exemption as it's 40 miles one way. And a reward after visiting the podiatrist. A pedicure would be more enjoyable but I think my feet have reached the "beyond scope of practice" stage.... needs more professional care. Still the pedicure is nice. Maybe a massage would be a good substitute.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:38 AM

Oh, Petthefabric, are you sure about that fabric purchase? You've come this far by using up the 24 yards to add any now! We are here to encourage you to stay on the wagon, ... but if you really think that you must have this extra fabric, you know we're ready to hoist you back on and will accept the travel exemption, but wouldn't it feel good to reduce the whole 24 yards of stash without adding any more? Just a thought ... not nagging ... We love you.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:34 AM

IrishRose, I went through the month of mammograms, biopsies, doctor visits too. My surgery was the week before Thanksgiving. But I wasn't lucky enough to just have a lumpectomy. I went the whole route and had a double mastectomy, then had radiation, then reconstruction, then deconstruction because of an infection. It was a year of misery, but now I can look back on it as a lesson in strength and endurance. It has taught me that life is short and you had better make each day count.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:49 AM

SillySusan; thanks for thinking about this and encouraging comments. I'm still thinking. It's been there this long, it can wait. It does take a long time to use 24 yds and so easy to buy it.

Thanks.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:57 AM

Buy the fabric, petthefabric, if you are going to use it soon, but I don't think those of us that have to travel for services can use travel exemption. I have to travel 50 miles for my PT and it's across the parking lot from JoAnn's. There are at least two nice LQS in Traverse City, too. I do have one LQS here, but it doesn't carry Moda fabric. I haven't been in one in TC in years, but I know they are there.

Obviously, I cancelled this week's PT, but I have it next week. I did press my 10" and background fabric squares last night. Now to start cutting.

Last edited by Irishrose2; 01-09-2019 at 05:59 AM.
Old 01-09-2019, 08:04 AM

Congrats on reducing your stash petthefabric. 24 yards used in 9 days is a huge accomplishment. The only time I've done that quickly is when I donated fabric. I don't even want to know how many yards of fabric is in my stash making me think that perhaps when I'm feeling the fabric buying fever coming on I should start counting. That actually might work. I'm sure its higher than I would think.

Irishrose2 I hope you're recovery continues to go so well. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 01-09-2019, 11:27 AM

Irishrose2, so glad to hear that your surgery went well. Don't dance too much just yet, it might catch up with you. May your recovery be speedy and complete.
Old 01-09-2019, 01:17 PM

Irishrose, I’m glad your surgery went well. Enjoy your recovery time (watching tv, hand sewing/quilting, reading, listening to audio books, music, being waited on). But just talk care of yourself and have a safe recovery. Quilting hugs.