Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-03-2011, 11:49 AM

I've been playing with a couple websites:

My Virtual model you can play with what you'll look like at different weights. I don't look as smooth as my model does though-I'm much more bumpy.

http://www.mvm.com/cs/

This other one helps you figure out your body type and what looks good.

http://www.my-virtual-makeover.com/w...body-type.html
Old 08-03-2011, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by nancia
hi confederate rose- your ticker is on your sig line, see the line to the right of it? that is the sig 'line'. i still haven't figured out mine yet, but i will! people use strange words like cut and paste so i run for my rotary cutter and my seam2, but they don't seam to work! no one will know how much i'm losing! my family haven't noticed, and even tho' i told my husband i can tell he doesn't see the change. but i can tell it's working since my granny panties are now knee huggers!
i AM losing! you betcha!!
Cut and paste is on the mouse.Click the left side and a small window will pop up and 'cut' will be in it.Right Click it on what ever you want to transfer,then come back to here in another window and go to your "my profile" pg up at the top of this page.Scroll down to 'your signature' and left click in that box and rt click 'paste' and the ticker numbers and letters will be transfered,but the picture will be on your posts.That's how I did it.And I like the tickers.I think their cool.I just figured it out yesterday myself.And my granny panties, of which they are cause I hate any thing up my butt thank you very much,are too big.They were sz 14's in the nylons briefs JMS.Now I'm in a 10.Did you watch that video I put in to watch?I think everybody here ought to watch the 600 pound mom.Thank god I got a hold on mine when I did.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by pnptrapp
Back on track today! Got up and did a 10 min solutions workout with my buddy this morning for 40 min. I love netflix! Going to run some errands today and am going to get a pedometer. I'll be checking in later with you guys again!
Well I don't know what a perdomiter is.How does it know when you take a step?And I know I don't do 10,000 steps is it we need?Of course I don't know either.maybe I do and don't know it.Do we need any other tools? You are doing great.And I'm glad your car is fixed.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by JHolm
Thanks Xylie, I appreciate your caring and support. I'm scheduled for my A1C test tomorrow morning this test tells the doc where my diabetis is really at and how often in the recent history my sugars are high or low. Then I have an appt to see my family doc on Monday to talk to him about by diabetis. And no they don't work together very well so I'm hoping that will improve with all that's going on.
Great,your ticker is up.And keep us updated.I'm sure mj can add to your sugars being out of whack,as she too is a diebetic,and is wise on those things.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by elm
Hi J Holme,
Hope your day keeps improving. Before I retired I was all stressed out. After seeking counsel from a therapist it was suggested that I try group therapy. What a boon that turned out to be. It was a small group that met weekly for three months. One member was bi-polar. We learned a lot from each other. Hope you have or can find a good group like that. Keep up the efforts to do your best to help yourself each day. I'm sending positive thoughts your way.
That is a great idea for all of us.This group is my therapy.As I'm not alone in my struggles.I'm struggling now,haven't lost any this month.Think I need to switch it up a bit and eat more smaller meals.I too struggle at night.A lot of us do.Oh well,guess I'll get some veggies and snack on them.You'd think by this point I'd know what I'm doing,but every day is a challenge and a struggle.Think I'm in a platue and need to shock it into starting again.Geesh!
Old 08-03-2011, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by seahorsesanna
very discouraged my husband is not helping me at all I have a very serious coke addiction where I can drink a 2 liter a day easily and I asked him not to buy it anymore so I hadnt had any in 3 days and got over the caffiene withdrawl headache and what does he do? he brings home coke candybars and chips last night GGRRRRR of course I couldnt resist with it right next to me so now I have to start all over I feel like I am never gonna win.
The only good thing that has happened is that my drivers side window is broken and no longer goes down so now I cant go through mcdonalds drive thu :)
Well there's 2 thoughts of mind here.One is hubby.I think like this,my hubby has a sweet tooth,and I buy for him coke,ice cream,and chips.But I buy ones I don't like so I don't get into them.But even if sometimes we do have some around I like,I have to stay out of them and tell myself NO.Because it's not his problem,it's mine.It's up to me to keep my fingers out.We have to break old bad habits.Like mj said,it takes 3 weeks to make or break a habit.Try replacing the candy,and chips with snap peas.Their crisp and sweet and low calories and will give you something to fill the need.On the ice cream,I buy myself snack puddings and freeze them.I also heard the 'skinny cow' ice cream is good for dieters.Just don't fill a bowl,get a cone.It no longer bothers me when he eats his sweets.I don't want any.Leave the room next time he has some,eventually you'll be able to pass on them.Coke addictions or any for that matter are hard to break.I would I think get some Zero Powerade sport drink.Their sweet and 0 calories.Or start cutting back.Like try 1/2 the amount for a week,then 1/4 amount,eventually the cravings and caffiene will subside.Good luck,and I did it,it wasn't easy,but I did it without pills or surgery.It's been 4 yrs,but hey,this is my life I'm talking about and making healthier so I don't care how long it takes.At least I keep going.One day at a time,one pound at a time.I'm struggling right now.Haven't lost any this month.But am not giving up.I know I can do it,cause I been doing it.You can too.If we want it bad enough we will find a way.I put up on a post this morning to watch on utube a video named "THE 600 POUND MOM" on the channel "mysterydiscover2" It has 3 episodes of 14 minutes each.It will wake us all up,it did me.please watch it,and if that don't spur you on to quit coke and stuff,I don't know what will.She is struggling worse than all of us,and is really not wanting to put effort in,but is fighting for her life as the dr's finely I think got it thru her head.So,please watch it.Good luck,and you can do it.If I can.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:50 PM

MJ glad your doing some better. Xylie I hate it when that plateau hits seem to take such a effort to get past it.
Day three and still on track been keep a food log and walking 2.5 mi each day but still don't get to the 10,000 steps. It takes a lot of effort to do all the things we need to to lose but so worth it.
I took my sewing machine in for a cleaning and so happy to have it back. Now I can get back to the quilt I've been working on. That helps keep my mind off food. I am losing, I am losing!!!
Old 08-03-2011, 02:59 PM
mim

Thanks -- I just took a good look at my present body -- and I really "saw" myself -- then I changed my weight to my goal -- What a difference !!! It gave me a real push to reach my goal!!! Plus all the clothes hanging in my closet that I can't fit into any more

A BIG thank you -- Mim

Originally Posted by charity-crafter
I've been playing with a couple websites:

My Virtual model you can play with what you'll look like at different weights. I don't look as smooth as my model does though-I'm much more bumpy.

http://www.mvm.com/cs/

This other one helps you figure out your body type and what looks good.

http://www.my-virtual-makeover.com/w...body-type.html
Old 08-03-2011, 03:02 PM

i'm still waiting to hear on my grandchild. they're doing a caesarian section as i type this. i imagine they're in the sewing up stage and still too busy to call. i've been watching mindless tv, but now it's jeopardy and they need my help,lol i yell the answers to them.

i'm losing.....my mind and patience!
Old 08-03-2011, 03:20 PM
elm

I have lost weight and regained it so many times over the years. Of course I know what to do. I just allow myself to eat things I shouldn't way to often.
I know that I can no longer lose weight without exercising, so I'm trying to do that more often. Just came back from the fitness center at my local senior center. Exercised for a little over an hour.
Senior center isn't open on the weekend. That's when I really need to find something else to do. It's way too hot and humid here to walk outside. And, it's has been raining in the early evening when I'd like to swim-- rain with thunder and lightning that is. If it was just light rain, I'd swim anyhow.