Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize! >

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

June2011 Weight Loss Adventure and Prize!

Old 06-07-2011, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Sounds like most are doing well. I didn't see a post today from Missy. I think she was suppose to have her weigh in with the doctor today.Maybe it's tuesday. Also purple mem didn't sign in with our words for the day. Where is Irishrose? What's goin on ladies?? It's so hot there It's kinda leaving me sick and weak. Hope everybody watches the heat out side while walking or whatever. Have a good evening. mary
Oh how I am missing MJ! My house phone croaked and so I do not have her phone number right now. UGH. I want to call her to check on her.

The heat is so yucky right now. I grew up in Texas and absolutely HATE the heat. This is why I love living here. We do have our occassional hot days but for the most part it is so much nicer here.

Everyone please practice safe exercise outside right now. Drink lots of water and eat well!

Love yall!

Missy
Missy, my DH loathes Texas - the only reason we are here is to get Josh through school then we are going to Oregon/Washington. We lived there almost two years from 1999. I loved the area and it can't rain too much for me. It is tough tho, because my parents & daughters family are 500 miles away in WEST Texas. One brother lives across Houston from me - returning from a 3 years stay in Anchorage. I still don't see them enough even tho we are in the same state.

Where in Texas did you grow up?
Old 06-07-2011, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Radiana
Your eight pound loss is wonderful....you go girl. I'm encouraged by my one pound so far. I'm in no condition to excercise yet so I know it will be slow but I'm o.k. with that.
there are some chair exercises you can do, any little bit will help, keep up the good work. Drink your water and make wise choices.

Thanks for your words of kindness
Old 06-07-2011, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Leann
Originally Posted by MissyGirl
Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
Sounds like most are doing well. I didn't see a post today from Missy. I think she was suppose to have her weigh in with the doctor today.Maybe it's tuesday. Also purple mem didn't sign in with our words for the day. Where is Irishrose? What's goin on ladies?? It's so hot there It's kinda leaving me sick and weak. Hope everybody watches the heat out side while walking or whatever. Have a good evening. mary
Oh how I am missing MJ! My house phone croaked and so I do not have her phone number right now. UGH. I want to call her to check on her.

The heat is so yucky right now. I grew up in Texas and absolutely HATE the heat. This is why I love living here. We do have our occassional hot days but for the most part it is so much nicer here.

Everyone please practice safe exercise outside right now. Drink lots of water and eat well!

Love yall!

Missy
Missy, my DH loathes Texas - the only reason we are here is to get Josh through school then we are going to Oregon/Washington. We lived there almost two years from 1999. I loved the area and it can't rain too much for me. It is tough tho, because my parents & daughters family are 500 miles away in WEST Texas. One brother lives across Houston from me - returning from a 3 years stay in Anchorage. I still don't see them enough even tho we are in the same state.

Where in Texas did you grow up?
I was born in Dallas and grew up in the Richardson/Plano area (north of Dallas). I went back to visit last summer and it is a concrete jungle now. The heat, the concrete, the traffic, ugh. No way I would ever live there again. My dad said there is 6 million people living there. Holy moly. Way too many people for me. I love this city with its cool weather, the beautiful scenery, low population, etc. LOVE IT. I am only 10 miles from Mount Rushmore. So so nice. Only one thing is that in August it is the Harley Davidson Motorcycle Rally. We have thousands and thousands of bikers here that week. The roar of the bikes is 24/7 for the week. I do not complain because with the bikers comes money and that is good for our city.

Anyway, I hope you flee Texas as soon as you can. :)

Missy
Old 06-07-2011, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws
I wasn't getting any emails to let know that a new post happened, was beginning to think that the board was quiet. Boy was I wrong when I came to check it out.

Sounds like a lot of you have been good.

MJ your MIA.............hope you didnt lose another computer.

Missy how did it go with your follow up?

Well got on the scales this morning and I am down another 2 lbs. YEAH, all I have done was increase my water intake. I need to go get more as i dont like the tap water here.

Keep up the hard work it will pay of in the end.
Good for you.I keep harping on the water because it is important.I'm going to have to post the formula again for everybody's weight.Up to 200 pounds you need 1 galon of water a day.Minimum.For every 25 pounds over 200 pounds,you need 1 qt more added to the 1 gallon.It flushes out the fat.Good job.Your ahead of me.I'm still at 4 pounds.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Do you really think the water makes that much difference? I know I fall down there. My food is good, my exercise is good, but my weight is stuck. I recently told my youngest daughter about water with lemon, cucumber, mint and some spices. She's not using the spices, but is dropping inches like crazy. I don't know about pounds - she doesn't weigh herself.

Okay, my assignment for today. Put my water in the fridge so I know how much I drink. Keep a tally on the fridge door. Won't work tomorrow. I have to go out of town for an app't with a neurologist - scary, but necessary. Good thing is, there is a JoAnn's in Traverse City. My funds are limited lately, but I can always justify buying batting with my coupons. I can pet the pretty fabrics. I do need a light batik for the background of that daughter's birthday quilt, but JA's nicer batiks are $13 a yard. I think I'll have to order from Keepsake.

My water is softened and then filtered at the tap. It's easier and fresher tasting than having to buy bottled water. My water is city water, so it has a chlorine taste without the filter.
Yes,water makes a huge difference.We don't go any where down here with out our jugs.Mine is a 1 qt sized full of ice.It melts of course,but I drink 4 to 5 a day easily.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:40 PM

Holy cow!! that formula for drinking water seems outrageous. I'm a retired nurse and I know there is a syndrome called "water intoxication". I'll drink more water but a gallon plus is way too much in my opinion.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Fabricnut
Holy cow!! that formula for drinking water seems outrageous. I'm a retired nurse and I know there is a syndrome called "water intoxication". I'll drink more water but a gallon plus is way too much in my opinion.
My surgeon told me that I am to drink no more than 64 oz of water. If I consume any other liquids it should be less than 10 calories per 8 oz. Since I have had the lap band I can only drink one 8 oz glass of low sodium V-8 (spicy hot---LOVE IT) and the 64 oz of water. Any more than that and I cannot eat anything. My body cannot do all that liquid AND the food I am supposed to eat.

Missy
Old 06-07-2011, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
I like having some relatively healthy homemade muffins in my freezer. I can set out one large or two small the night before and then I only have to grab some lowfat cream cheese and breakfast is ready. I ran out yesterday, so today I had an orange. I just came in for a water break. I'm sweating off any I drink. My goal is to have one garden done before I come in. School gets out tomorrow and I have one grandson who loves to scrub the patio. I want to be ready for him by Thursday. His lazy brother stays in the car and watches.

I'm sure I drink more than 75 ounces of water a day. I'm at 36 now.

Nancia, Being new, you haven't heard my spiel about the difference between 'will' and 'am'. 'We will or I will lose weight' denotes it will happen in the future. 'I am or we are losing weight' denotes now. I'm sure you, like me, want it now. Go stand in front of the mirror (face only is fine) and say, "I AM losing weight".

For everyone, with MJ offline, I can give an assignment. Go the mirror, say, "I AM losing weight", then to make MJ happy, write about how you felt taking that step. Skip the 'We' for now. It has to be personalized for each of use.

I AM losing weight! Judy
Oh,that's a great idea.I'm going to start doing that.And believe it when I say it OUT LOUD!
Old 06-07-2011, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
glad you're back, missy. hope that means you're feeling better.
i went to wal-mart to get frozen dinners and totally forgot the fruit and veggies! i was so intent on getting the stuff home before it thawed i didn't go anywhere near it. also, in our store it's right next to the bakery and that is my biggest, baddest temptation. 'when in doubt, carb out!'off to get more water and a fast trip to the used water department.everybody hang tight and repeat after me- i am losing weight, i am losing weight. i am losing, wait,,,is this where we tap our heels 3 times and end up back in kansas? oh, auntie em.....
Your great.Gave me a chuckle.LOL!I am losing weight ,I am losing weight,!Are we in Kansas yet?No,but we're ticking the pounds off.You wait,it won't be long,your clothes will be baggy too like all mine are.I really need some smaller duds.Tired of pulling my pants up.But that's a good thing.I got some out in storage from my youthful times.Will have to go dig thru them.Should I get rid of my fat clothes?I always kept them in the past,just in case.I don't plan on wearing them ever again tho.And if I don't have them,I can't 'grow' back into them either.Anyway,everybody is doing great I think.And hey,if I only do 4 pounds this month,I'll still be happy.Every pound DOES add up.I know.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:17 PM

MJ is back! I have my new computer, delivered today! It was over 101 here today, not including heat index.

I will be back in the morning to post encouragement, I have really missed ya'll,

I love you,
Going goood!