Menopause anyone???

Old 11-04-2009, 08:14 AM
Banned

Well I thought it was awful ! I have a thyroid condition , makes me hot as crap !!! Added menopause :evil: I was completely miserable !!! Could sleep , was babysitting all day and evening . The name "grouchy -itch " Dr wasn't any help , thought I was too for menopause . Wanted to do exploratory surgery , no way ! They sucked me into that before , not a second time . So I bought the remifemin and was taking it . My primary care Dr had a fit when she found out I was taking it . She said their clinic did a study on it and it has kava kava in it . Causes kidney problems , so be ware . Annie
Old 11-04-2009, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by diannemc
I need help...anyone going through this? Night sweats have slowed down somw but the rollercaoster ride is no fun! I just thought PMS was bad! I don't want to take hormones but feel like I might have too..I am having panic attacks more and more..I can be in a store enjoying myself then all of a sudden I feel flushed then I panic and have to leave...Has anyone experenced this??? I don't like this!! :cry:
We are all there on the same road now if not sooner or later:)Yes, the cycles start changing, then more hot waxes to be done...:)(love that one!) and for a person always cold, I am standing on my deck at 2am w/the snow in shorts waiting to cool off! Also, the tears over a sensitive story..which would not have bothered me a couple of years ago!!:)I did talk to my doc and all he wanted to do was put me back on the pill....not at this age baby!:)I am going to let nature have it's course..but, not w/o a bit of help. I did only 2 things that made a huge difference for me! I added flax seed (which you can buy at the store and toss in a TBL or 2 in my cereal in the morn) and I take a 'one a day' for women vitamins. I prefer the walgreen's version since it has more 'girl' stuff in it:)My night sweats have stopped! No kidding and that is all I changed. For me that simple changed work...still some tears on a sad story....but, over all...good to go. I'd take that 50lb loss though! (How did you do that?!):)Skeat
Old 11-04-2009, 03:41 PM

I just learned something new!!! I went to the doctor and mentioned I seemed to be getting hot flashes AGAIN! I had a hysterectomy in 1989 and went thru menopause not long after that. I went off the HRT in 2003. WELL, it seems that was PREmenopausal symptoms and now I've got the real thing!!! WOW! Before I could even suggest anything "natural" he handed me a list and said what works for one may not work for another. I went out and bought some Black Cohosh and some Wild Yam. He said to take one for a month or so and then try the other. He also gave me a prescription of a mild med. because we'll be out of town and not able to talk to him again!
Old 01-23-2011, 08:53 PM

I'm trying to do a search here and found this thread...
Does anyone have any updates? Anymore advice?
This is awful...
Help!!!
Kirsten
Old 01-23-2011, 09:07 PM

I haven't had panic attacks. I had a total hysterectomy in my 40's. I took hormones for a couple of years. I weaned myself off of them after doing research on them. And, no, I didn't ask my doctor. They don't know everything. I'm now in my early 50's. I take nothing for menopause. The only thing I have to do is sleep with a fan on my side of the bed so I don't get flashes on my face at night. I love it! I also eat very healthy.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:44 PM
Power Poster

do you know you are in menopause for certain? talk to your Doctor. Perhaps he can help you.
I'm having hot flashes again (I'm 66) and thought they were gone. sigh!!
Old 01-23-2011, 09:56 PM

The bio-identical hormones worked wonders for me. Only a few Drs prescribe them and then you can only get them at a compounding pharmacy. But there are no cancer or heart problem risks with them. Susan Sommers has written several books about them. They work.
I quit taking a them a couple years, (mainly because I couldnt stand the dr I had to see to get the prescription) but alas , my hot flashes have returned. I would say I do not get grouchy, but, now that I think about,.. I do get a tad bi***y in the middle of the flash..
But hey.. thats not MY problem.. I am perfectly justified to yell at anyone near by.. they shouldn't be near me during a hot flash, unless they are diligently fanning me and offering ice water. And they need to quit saying things like, "OMG, you are turning beet red!" Such comments are not helpful.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:04 PM

Went through it...no hassles at all. Everyone is still alive..........

Barely!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Old 01-24-2011, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by diannemc
That is what is happening to me too!...Vertigo real bad.. dizziness..Can't sit in balcony at church at all anymore...It is horrible..I think when I start feeling dizzy is when I start to panic..even cars passing by when I am sitting a red light can throw me off..Right now my eaqrs are burning...and my skin feels like ants are biteing me all the time
I have vertigo and dizziness something fierce. And its only been since I have been going through menopause and it lasts for days and days sometimes. My doctor actually put me on some scoplamine patches when I know I am getting dizzy but they do absolutely no good whatsoever. I totally refuse to take hormones. I do get mood swings and I DEFINITELY get panic attacks and sometimes they are so bad that I have to take medication for them, but luckily not very often. Don't understand why us women have to go through MENopause....it says MEN not Womenopause!!!
Old 01-24-2011, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
When I went thru it, it was pure @#$*! I didn't take it well at all.

I was parinoid as all get out, and lashed out at everyone and everything. I couldn't take soy and the hormones didn't help at all. Thank goodness that's over with.

Good luck to all of you going tru it, I hope you don't have the problems I had.

But look on the bright side...no more monthly visitor!! :D
Yeah I Definitly DO NOT MISS seeing Aunt Flo every month. I think she finally died.LOL