Favorite Breed

Old 09-29-2011, 12:16 PM

We've had three Siberian Huskies and I do LOVE them! If I couldn't have them, I'd have German Shepards. I've posted two pictures. Will have to try to find a picture of our other one. He passed away several years back, but is still dearly missed.

Bandit - He passed away last year.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]264165[/ATTACH]

Gracey - She is my beautiful spoiled baby girl!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]264166[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-264112.jpe   attachment-264113.jpe  
Old 09-29-2011, 12:26 PM

I now like dogs again because of Molly. She is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and adores people. I was afraid of dogs for years after being badly bitten by a friend's Afghan. No one could be afraid of a Cavalier. Molly is 14 lbs of wiggly, happy love. The only thing she is aggressive with are the squirrels at DD's house who drop pine cones on her head.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:26 PM

Right now we have Glory, a Papillion, who is smart, opinionated, and very independent. She does follow me everywhere and has a bed in the office and in my sewing room. She is where I am. I love her dearly, but don't think I would have another one. I would love to have another yellow lab. We had Chad who was loving and protective. He was killed by a neighbor who was scared of him. I miss him and he's been dead over 15 years.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:42 PM

If any "breed" I would have to say hound. Any of the redbone or black and tan, ridgeback, etc. They have the best personalities. But it depends on the dog. I like each for specific reasons. Mutts mostly I have had. I have a friend who has a standard poodle that we all loved. Bostons are funny, I had a chihuahua that was the best little dog.Japanese Chins are adorable.

As the bumper sticker says. "RESCUE is my favorite breed". LOL
Old 09-29-2011, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by hazeljane
We rescue Italian Greyhounds. Quirky little things, but such cuddlers. My hazeljane (now deceased) was my heart dog. Now my little Lefty is- 7 pounds of silly in a white and red pied body.

We currently have 4 and another 4 fosters, but by next weekend, we will be up to 13 again- another batch coming in.

My first dog was a big grey, and I loved her too. Something about these greyhounds just catch my heart.

Ahh another person who has a heart dog. I had one too. A mixed something that was all black his name was Tucker. He was a foster that at the time I couldn't keep although I wanted to. Yes he is in a wonderful home.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:45 PM

Golden Retrievers all the way.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:53 PM
Power Poster

Dobermans are the smartest and the easiest to train. I housebroke a Dobie pup in one week. they are really smart!
when my beagle and short haired german pointer are gone I am getting another Dobie. The beagle was supposed to be my DHs and she is attached to me and the Pointer was my son's. He asked me to housebreak her and then didn't want her back.

I also love love love Pomeranians. I hope to have another one one day. I used to have Pommies and my DD's pom lived to be 20 yrs old. They are sweet if a bit yippy at times.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:56 PM

Currently I have 2 mixes that have rescued me; one Black Lab and Great Dane, and one English Bull Terrier and who-the-heck-knows, Love them Both..

All my life, I've had mutts, but my favorite, favorite, favorite dog of all time was my beautiful German Shepherd, Britta. I still miss her - all the time.

I'd have another shepherd, but probably won't while there are so many dogs waiting to be rescued...
Old 09-29-2011, 01:21 PM

Australian Cattle Dogs (heelers). Have had for over 25+ years, founded and ran a rescue for 3 years and personally have 3, 2 of them being rescues. Not for everybody as they are pretty pushy but I like the independence and the intelligence of the breed.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:25 PM

I LOVE labs, but i would rather have a mutt if it had a nice personalitiy. Like the lab i have now, she is mixed with unidentifiable breeds, but she has pretty much the whole lab thing going on. I lovthe labs and doxis personalitys, one snob and ones playful. It just fits my traits.