Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What are you working on?? >
  • What are you working on??

• What are you working on??

Old 01-01-2012, 04:03 PM

I pulled out my 3 large boxes of UFOs and started working on 2 of them today.
    Old 01-02-2012, 04:23 AM

First off, I am going to make a quilt for a friend of mine (belated Christmas gift) and then I want to make another gift for a very dear friend of mine for her birthday in March. Then I thought I would make table runners as Christmas gifts! Maybe matching placemats! Not Christmas - just everyday ordinary! That's the plan!!!!! Edie
    Old 01-02-2012, 05:38 AM

After doing a set of serious quilts I took December to play with ideas. I have taken a color scheme in three directions. One quilt is finished. It started with a center of 16 bl & white squares. Now on the next quilt I have two squares to finish to complete a contemporary log cabin - the centers are a 4" bl & wh squares, the logs are a variety of colors and prints that help me clear out some scraps; and then here is an I Spy type using more black and white squares from the same material my daughter gave me plus some I bought for variety, and then some blocks with colors. These are already being laid out on the dining table. The last two will need to be sewn together before I can begin my January project. Plus I have begun to get tax material in order...such necessary work cannot be put off as much as I would like to do that.

Last edited by mcar; 01-02-2012 at 05:41 AM.
    Old 01-02-2012, 05:58 AM
    gh

I'm working on my living room chair arm covers and wall hangings. Trying to have a set for each season so I can change as the seasons change. Of course I'm behind on getting them done for the winter season. And I have to go back to work tomorrow so that will put me even further behind. I have 1 UFO quilt that needs to be quilted but I have to work up my courage in order to get it done. I want to FMQ it, which scares me to death. Just can't get the hang of it. My goal for this year to to defeat that fear.
    Old 01-02-2012, 06:13 AM
    Banned

cleaning the sewing room so I can get in there and SEW this year!
    Old 01-02-2012, 07:08 AM

I am making a 9 patch in mostly 1930's prints. Lots of pretty yellows, blues, greens, oranges etc. The inspiration quilt is too small so I upsized it to a queen and am making a few other changes. I have the plan written out, have cut some strips and am making 9patch blocks now.
    Old 01-02-2012, 07:14 AM

I am having a hard time going back to quilting after holidays...... maybe waiting for being snowed in but that might not happen this year......
    Old 01-02-2012, 07:44 AM

I'm still playing catch up. I ended up in the hospital a week before Christmas so I got really behind. Only one person got a homemade item and that was because I had finished it earlier. So now I'm trying to catch up and stay caught up with the on-going projects that were are ready in the works.
    Old 01-02-2012, 07:55 AM

doing farm books and have a quilt to hand quilt in between when I need a break from bookwork
    Old 01-02-2012, 08:03 AM

I've started Sylvia's Bridal Sampler. So far I've completed 17 blocks. That leaves only 123 left to go. I want to get at least 24 completed before I have to go back to work. I have agreed to teach this sampler in a ongoing monthly class at my LGS. I am planned to have them do 2 blocks per week or 8 per month.