Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
How Did You Meet Your Spouse >

How Did You Meet Your Spouse

How Did You Meet Your Spouse

Old 04-14-2010, 05:34 PM
Banned

I met hubs on the internet. I was in Arkansas and he was in Texas. We married 7 weeks later. That was 10 years ago. :-D
He buys fabric for me. ;-)
Old 04-14-2010, 05:37 PM
JJs
Banned

Ok, I have to tell you another "How we (they) met" story...
maybe even two....
The first one is my parents story. Back in 1935 my mother at 16 was living with her oldest sister and oldest brother - they had moved off the farm and into town and had their own apartment. My mother moved in with them and was going to high school - she walked to school every day.
My dad was 19 and he'd see this girl walking to school everyday and thought she was really pretty but he was really shy and plus he had just got out of high school and was working.(and this was depression era times) In the meantime a friend of his was dating a girl, talking about her at work etc. Showed my dad a picture of the girl and my dad asked if she had a sister.... so a blind date was set up with my dad and the sister - turns out the sister was the girl he watched walking to school! - they finally got married in 1941...

The second story is my son and daughter-in-law.... they went to BBC in MO and my daughter-in-law really, really (LOL) liked my son - followed him around, went to his basketball and baseball pickup games, hung around wherever he was - he being him didn't even notice...they'd been introduced but he was oblivious... one day he came out of the cafeteria with an ice cream cone and she just out of the blue asked him if she could have a bite - he thinks that's kinda a weird but says ok.. she bit the bottom off! Finally got his attention... they've been married going on 19 years...
Old 04-14-2010, 05:38 PM

A co-worker was dating a guy that she seemed very ambivalent about. Hanging out with her, I met him. The first time we met, he told his mother that he was going to marry me (didn't tell me though!) At the time, I was with 1st husband. Then I caught him cheating and kicked him to the curb. Meanwhile this guy and I would see each other periodically with my co-worker friend. I didn't think she treated him well. I liked him, but thought of him more as a brother. Fast forward, she broke up with him for another guy, and we started hanging out together, but no real dates or anything. Then, two things happened. One, he was showing me some of his karate moves, and I took an accidental roundhouse kick to the head. I made him take me out to dinner after that, AND a natural disaster strikes. Mount St. Helens blows. We're in WA, in a town that got buried in ash. He came over to my apartment to "check on me" and basically never left - just kept bringing more stuff over until it became "our" place. We laugh about it now, and say that the radio/tv warnings all said to stay where you were, and we never heard it say he could go home. :-) That was in May of 1980. We got married two years later. He was the best thing that ever happened to me, and still is. I still think he is the nicest person I've ever met.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:41 PM

We met in a biker bar in Reno Nevada. I was drinking a soda and he came up and sat next to me and we started talking. He asked me if I was married I said no, he then asked if I was divorced I said yes, he asked if I could drive I said yes he said lets go. We went dancing, had a middle of the night meal. And we have been together ever since. Between us we have 7 of the meanest kids and 12 1/2 of the cutest grand kids around.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:47 PM

sheldon and i meet in hight school it's kind of funny he is 6'3 and his girl friend was like 5 foot tall. and they looked funny together. i didn't know him at frist but hey i always look for him in the halls because he was cute ..and one day he walked into my typing class...the next day he didn't have a girl friend anymore and we have been together from that day on that was back in 1987 got married in 1990
Old 04-14-2010, 06:26 PM

Hubby and I met in a bar on Ft Carson. Co, while in the Army. I was dating someone else. The other guy went on temporary duty elsewhere, I broke up with him and started dating hubby. We were married less than 6 months after meeting and have been married for 22 years as of this last January. He says I married him for his chocolate chip cookies. In our 1st year of marriage, hubby was home approximately 2 months - gotta love the Army.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:29 PM

www.americansingles.com

I joined on protest, 'cause I had told a friend internet dating couldn't possibly work. There are too many sleaze-bags out there. He came back with, "how would you know?" So, I joined to prove my point and met Jeff. We got married September '08. Guess I lost that arguement, huh? :^)
Old 04-14-2010, 06:40 PM

Paul has a medical technology business (collects blood samples from seniors in their homes). My next door neighbour was a client of his. She asked how his love life was going. She knew he had been divorced for 5 years. He had broken up with his gf that week and his reply was, "Not so hot. Do you know anyone I could date?" THAT DAY she had been talking to my Mom and knew that I had just broken up with my bf. "Yes I do!"

We dated from March to September. He moved in with me in September. Three years later we married! Happiest decision we ever made!

Thanks Mrs. Chaffey! You always were a good neighbour!
Old 04-14-2010, 06:42 PM

We were both new to town and looking for a church home. We met at the same church in a S.S. class but didn't speak to each other. Several weeks later after each of us had been visiting other churches we both came back to the same church on the same Sunday and joined that Sunday. We still didn't know each other till he became friends with my brother and the 3 of us went everywhere together. We three had tons of fun and became known as the 3 musketeers. After a few months the 3 turned to 2. We "dated" at church youth events and he held my hand for the first time at a prayer meeting. When he grabbed my hand I thought my heart would jump out of my chest. Neither of us had ever kissed anyone else or even held hands before. That is still true to this day after 35 years of marriage and I'm still having a blast going to church & worshiping together with my best friend.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:45 PM

I love telling people this.....I met my x in the shower! lol.
We both worked at a VA hospital and I got assigned to his floor that day. He was doing showers and I took a patient into the shower room.
Carol B