Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I think my quilts are cursed >

I think my quilts are cursed

I think my quilts are cursed

Old 01-22-2011, 07:30 AM

*Here's a hug, too.* Yes, we all have those people in our lives. I still struggle about my ex-husband - married 30 years. But I sure do like myself a lot better and you will too. Allow yourself a little time to make yourself something special. Give away a quilt or two to a charity, let life settle and then start out again. There's a little kid who needs a loved quilt - yours.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:45 AM

My dad always said "love those that love you," and help those that need your help. Sometimes it is hard trying to be hard but sometimes people do not appreciate all of the hard work that goes into their art. Just know for a fact that they have loved you, meaning that they have shown some kind of love whether it is gifts or something meaningful to you. Help those that cannot help themselves. Truly God bless those that help others and I know that you will see things turn around. Don't look back because the future is right in front of you. A charity in your area will get some nice quilts coming.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:54 AM

I think your curse is that you invite the wrong people into your life. There is a reason you keep doing this and the quilts are just the symptom of the true problem. Focus on why you do that while you are making your current project for yourself. You deserve to be treated the way you treat others - only allow people around you that treat you that well. That will break the curse - in quilts and probably other ways that you give to others.

Good luck - many of us struggle with this in life. We don't demand what we deserve and settle for less. You're not alone.
Old 01-22-2011, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Turn it round ..... make quilts for people you don't want in your life any more!
Bwahahahaha! Good one!
Old 01-22-2011, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Turn it round ..... make quilts for people you don't want in your life any more!
thats better advice than you know. Even though making quilts is an emotional craft with love and caring poured into every stitch...turn that around to empower yourself. Instead of giving that love & caring to those who don't seem to care give it to yourself. When my dad passed a few years ago I immediately started making a quilt for my step sisters daughter..neither one of them I care for very much...but the quilt became something all together different. As I worked on it it was filled with the memories of my dad and the tears of my grief. Needless to say its one of my most treasured possessions and you couldn't tear it away from me. There was alot of healing in each stitch. Including me coming to terms with why I don't like my step sister. She was mean to me when my parents married when I was 5. Everytime I look at it or wrap up in it I'm reminded of my dad first and secondly released from that memory of her. Make sense?
Old 01-22-2011, 08:08 AM

I too have friends/family that are 'takers' more than 'givers'. Some people are just that way...

I've had to learn to accept them the way they are and not let them take advantage of me, cuz I'm a big time 'giver', and it sounds like you are as well.

Best wishes on learning to discern which are the 'takers' and how to deal with 'em!
Old 01-22-2011, 08:08 AM

Sorry you're having trouble but people come into our lives for a reason, and leave for a reason. I think I would wait until someone asks for a quilt before making one for them.

As far as the X-Box, I would go over and demand it back and if that didn't work I would look into having him arrested for stealing if he refuses to return it.
Old 01-22-2011, 08:44 AM

Rejection always hurts. When we think we know someone and they turn out to be a "jerk" it is like a blow to the gut. We begin to question ourselves and our self worth. Remember that loving is never bad, but letting yourself get beat up is. Good for you that once you could see that you did not go back for more. I have found in my life not to trust too quickly, I have learned to give things more time to develop, to see clearly before I take that leap. You have a good heart and there are some that would take advantage of that, learn to see them for what they are before they take advantage of you.Take heart there are those out there that can be a true friend. As my dear MIL always said..." time heals all wounds, and time wounds all heels". Keep quilting, someday soon you will find someone who deserves you kind spirit.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:45 AM

As far as the X-Box, I would go over and demand it back and if that didn't work I would look into having him arrested for stealing if he refuses to return it.[/quote]
-------------------------
I agree, these things aren't cheap. If no one answers the door, slip in a letter giving a date that the Xbox will be returned or else you will go to the law and have him arrested for theft.
I hope that you kept papers from the sale/owner's manual and serial numbers, etc, which will lend even more strength to your claim. And follow up on it.
People will only walk over you if you lie down and let them get away with it.
Old 01-22-2011, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by mintjulep1120
You sound like beautiful person. Doyou have a church family? I know the people from my church would be ao appreciative of a handmade quilt.
No. I'm an agnostic so I don't go to church. I mean, I have faith, just not of the religious or spiritual sort.

Originally Posted by kraftinkween
Sometimes we are inclined to be generous to our own disadvantage...Hang in there...Karma is a wonderful thing... Watch and wait... Good things will happen to you if you keep your head up and focus on ALL the good things in your life! Love your avatar! Put on Sevindust, play it REALLY LOUD! and dance all the bad energy away!!!!
I love my avatar too! Last year my favorite band, Kittie, just so happened to book a concert in Milwaulkee on my birthday. Hinted to friends about it. One of them got the hint and got tickets. First time I was really close to the stage...I was so close I could see the mascara sweating off Morgan's face (I'm near sighted and don't wear glasses so I know I was pretty close to see that). Couldn't bring in cameras into the venue, but my friend has one of them smart phones with a really good camera and took pictures with that.

I don't really consider Kittie or Sevendust "dancing" music. More like "thrashing" music. lol.

Originally Posted by Ramona Byrd
As far as the X-Box, I would go over and demand it back and if that didn't work I would look into having him arrested for stealing if he refuses to return it.
-------------------------
I agree, these things aren't cheap. If no one answers the door, slip in a letter giving a date that the Xbox will be returned or else you will go to the law and have him arrested for theft.
I hope that you kept papers from the sale/owner's manual and serial numbers, etc, which will lend even more strength to your claim. And follow up on it.
People will only walk over you if you lie down and let them get away with it.[/quote]

I bought that XBox almost five years ago so I don't have the owner's manual or anything else that came in the box besides the Xbox itself. But I know quite a bit about it so that might help.

He just doesn't have the XBox.........I'm embarrassed to admit, but he also has my Kittie shirts for my quilt (which maybe I could print something off of eBay or PayPal for those as evidence?). But I'm definatly not going to take his BS anymore. Either I get my stuff back before the end of the month or I'm getting law enforcement involved. That's what I'm going to tell him. I think I'm too nice sometimes to people who don't deserve it, whether I realize it or not, and don't want to cause conflict so I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt too often and I think I get taken advantage of too easily because of it. And in this case I'm sick of it.