december 21, 2010

Old 08-18-2010, 06:40 AM

The only thing that date means to me.....It would have been my DD's 50th birthday. I lost her to pancreatic cancer last year. :-(
Old 08-18-2010, 07:19 AM

Every week the world is coming to an end. According to those gossip rags at the store.
I don't take any of that seriously, if the earth is gonna blow up there is little any of us can do. And there certainly isn't going to be any warning.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:01 AM

You cannot worry about what you have no control over. All of the worrying in the world will not stop the oil, the cameras, the cell phones, the earth's axis. It is nothing you can control, but you can pray if that is what you believe. If you keep going, the only thing you are going to accomplish is to make yourself miserable with worry. Any minute, at any time your life, and the lives of other around you can end. Live right, laugh hard, love harder and dance like no one is watching. It is all any of us can do.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:21 AM

OK, I agree with the emergency kits and emergency routes and places to meet in case of...what? But,thats because the govt
has told everyone in the Greater Washington, DC area to be prepared. Not for the end of the world, but a terrorist attack or a bomb from another country launched against our government. Terrorism is a viable threat and we should all be prepared as it can happen anywhere.We have a suitcase with credentials, prescriptions, passports, money, long lasting cookie type things where each 1 is a meal for one person and pills to decontaminate water. A wind-up radio and solar battery charger. Every child knows their emergency route home. This has been on-going for about 3 years. Its not a thing to worry about, but it is something to be aware of and error on the side of safety.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:42 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
What is supposed to happen on that date???
THe world as we know it will come to an end. I just watched the movie 2012 with John Cusack last week. It's funny.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
What is supposed to happen on that date???
THe world as we know it will come to an end. I just watched the movie 2012 with John Cusack last week. It's funny.
Yeah it was. He takes his family up on a plane, but where is he going to land after the earth collapses?......lol
Old 08-18-2010, 10:22 AM

Nah I don't worry about that either. If it happens, it happens. Can't change it. I've got too many other things to worry about.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:25 AM

My favorite saying is "Let God and Let Go", in a nutshell, turn it over to God and don't worry!! Because if you worry, there is no sense in praying!! God Bless
Old 08-18-2010, 10:28 AM

Hey I am going to partying on that day. Because that will be my Birthday......anyone have some Bacardi?
Old 08-18-2010, 11:19 AM

Linnie, I know it's easy to say "don't worry about it" but also know thats hard to do, and that your fears are very real to you. My personal suggestion, take it or leave it, would be for you to talk over your fears with a trained therapist. There are anxiety disorders that contribute to the overwhelming worry about events outside of your control. Talking them through and learning some coping mechanisms to use when you're feeling distraught could be quite beneficial. Here's a hug for you in the meantime {{{hug}}}.