"Weigh In"

Old 02-15-2010, 11:45 AM

Lneal: Getting in your water is a good goal. Some days I do better than others. Good luck to you.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:57 AM

I fell short on the treadmilling last week but I lost 4 pounds. Best week yet for me.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:01 PM

For some reason I haven't been getting the notices when someone writes on this wall; thought maybe everyone had given up trying to lose weight. I shoulda known better!

Way to go on the 2 lbs trupeach!! Purplemem: are you ok after your fall? What is CHF? Is that a cholesterol reading? Hang in there, heal up those bruises and remember even moving a little more is a victory, no matter what the scales say.

Karla's supper pictures are making me hungry and it is not time for supper yet; man they look good. Someone posted a shrimp scampi recipe on this forum and it inspired me, so I made it last night. I would have taken a pic but, I was really hungry. :D It was good!
Old 02-15-2010, 12:05 PM

CHF is congestive heart failure. I accumulate fluid around my heart and have to take diuretics to lose it or be hospitalized. When I get too tired and stressed it is the first thing we look at. Almost all my sudden weight gain can be attributed to this. Unfortunately, I can't blame all my 200 plus pounds on that.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mamagus
I fell short on the treadmilling last week but I lost 4 pounds. Best week yet for me.
That is awesome Mamagus! Keep up the good work, and sometimes it does seem like work. I must add it is rewarding work.

Thanks for all the encouragement ladies, it really does help to know others are there for you.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Gwyn
I'm really glad you feel comfortable giving away your fat clothes. My problem is that I immediately get big again as soon as I get rid of them. I think it works like getting pregnant. As soon as you give away that last piece of maternity stuff, guess what? You're expecting again. I still have one of my old shirts (even after my baby factory was torn down), just to ward off the possibilities. It happened to my daughter. She got pregnant while taking the pill, Benjamin is now 3. Last Fall, she gave all her maternity stuff to the local thrift store. She didn't worry about October when her period hadn't come. She hadn't had one since Benjamin was born. In January she felt terrible - went to the doctor and discovered, the impossible had happened. So...I'm hanging on to one maternity shirt and at least one fat shirt even after I'm at goal for a whole year. Got to ward off the boogy man and his evil ways. Gwyn
What size is your daughter? I may have some I can spare. My maternity clothes are XL--not pregnant I'm 5'10" roughly 180 lbs.

let me know I can send you some.
Rose Hall
Old 02-15-2010, 12:51 PM

Catie wears size medium. When she isn't pregnant she is a size small. She is 5'6". Last time, she didn't wear maternity clothes. Just bought a couple of pants and tops a size bigger. This time, she has a little belly. I've offered to make some for her, but right now all she wants is to stop throwing-up.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:54 PM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

[quote=laparshall]Lneal: Getting in your water is a good goal. Some days I do better than others. Good luck to you.[/quote

this is how i manage to drink 64 oz of water by the end of the day. in the morning i fill a pitcher with 64 oz of water and sqeeze the juice from a 1/2 of lemon in it. lemon is a diuretic so that will help in the weight loss. sometimes instead of the lemon i will add 4 oz of fruit juice to the water and just deduct the juice from the fruit i have for the day. i like cranberry it give the water a nice flavor and it is good for my kidneys and bladder. with drinking it with meals and between meals at the end of the day i have consumed the entire pitcher of water.

ooppppppppps.............. almost forgot the other thing i will do is add 1/2 tsp cinnamon or 1/4 tsp cloves to the water. i guess you can tell i don't like the taste of plain water.
Old 02-15-2010, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mamagus
You are a rock star!!
Old 02-15-2010, 01:30 PM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by Lneal
Love the pictures of the soup Karla!! Well, I lost 1 lb this week and I am happy about it. That makes 10lbs total for me since I started. I've always heard that a 1 to 2 lbs loss is a healthy, weekly weight loss. Besides I'm looking at how that one lb gave me the sum of 10 lbs!!
I also plan on adding exercises to tone soon, so I want to consider the suggestions you girls have made like planks or pilates. Thanks and have a great day!
Lneal, great job! We all know how much work it is to lose 1 pound, and 10 pounds total!!! That deserves the happy dance. :thumbup: You are doing amazing.

I was so afraid to weigh in this morning after having several bad days last week. I think what was holding me back was that I wasn't committing to any particular plan. This is my 3rd day on the WW point system, and I'm down 2 pounds!. I certainly didn't deserve to lose any weight this time. It gives me incentive to keep doing what I'm doing. I went to the market yesterday to start a "stash," and got good things and things that are good, using the WW point list. That helps so much. Thank you everyone for sharing your tips and helps. I can use all I can get. LOL Still working up to exercise.
:lol: