Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Can I just scream in frustration because you will all understand? >

Can I just scream in frustration because you will all understand?

Can I just scream in frustration because you will all understand?

Old 09-12-2011, 05:12 AM

Follow up your letter with a phone call to corporate headquarters. Keep going up the ladder. I had the same problem with a stove that had one of the first digital clock/timer systems installed in it. Everytime our lights blinked during an electric storm it would short out. I had i replaced 4 times under warrenty. The 5th time they wanted me to pay. I said no way and kept calling until I finally got the east coast vice-president to resolve my problem. All over a stupid stove timer. The point is you're the customer-make sure they know the hundreds of forum members you will inform about your service or lack there of.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:19 AM

i feel your pain i had a babylock that i had problems with from the start...we're talking $3500. on sale !!!! finally after a year of numerous times at the shop, many phone calls i got a new one !!!! yeah now knock wood it's great. don't give up on your fight. it's like one of your children and i KNOW you will fight to the end for one of them !!!! work your way up the ladder to the big boss.
GO GIRL !!!
Old 09-12-2011, 05:20 AM

I had my Pfaff back to the factory 3 times for repair and guess that was the charm. I only paid the shipping the first time and after that Pfaff paid. When calling customer service I would try to talk to the highest level person they will put you through to. Good luck.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:24 AM

In a teeny, tiny voice she said "I like my 1920s Singer and I like my 1980s Singer but if anything goes wrong I'll be up s--- crick without a paddle."
Old 09-12-2011, 05:36 AM

Every company has problems and it is how they deal with those problems that determines their success or ultimate failure in the wonderful world of commerce. I have heard so many stories like this about Singer in particular that when it was time for a new machine, I would not even consider that brand.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:47 AM
Dkm

I also wonder when a machine becomes a LEMON. I'm having those feelings about mine.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:50 AM

Hope singer makes good on there machine!
Old 09-12-2011, 06:36 AM

Keep sending those emails to Singer until you get some satisfaction. The squeky wheel get the oil. Glad you have a Kenmore that is reliable, I have two older Kenmores and love both of them.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:39 AM

Where did you buy the machine? I know Joann's sells them but they don't want to talk to you if you have problems. Walmart is the same way; they just give you an 800 number and tell you to deal with the company. This is a good lesson for all of us who might be in the market for a new machine.
Stick to a company with a local dealer who will help you if problems arise. I have a mechanical Viking that is 20+ years old. I fantasize about a computerized model with embroidery features but shy away when I hear stories about the company selling out to China; and problems with digital components. I hope my old machine keeps working.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by DonnaC
My "main" (in other words, most expensive) sewing machine has just stopped working and I'm so frustrated!

It's a Singer Quantum L-500 that I purchased a while back when the model first was released (BIG mistake). It's already been back to Singer in Tennessee twice for warranty repairs. It's a good machine when it works correctly, but when it doesn't, the problems are pretty serious.

Today I was sewing along and it just STOPPED dead. The low-bobbin indicator keeps coming on, and it won't sew. I've tried everything - changed the bobbin, the thread, the needle, cleaned it out, talked sweetly to it - nothing.

I just sent a somewhat nasty note off to Singer asking how long they expect me to struggle along with this LEMON of a machine before they acknowlege that it's a piece of cr*p and send me a new one. The second time I had to send it back for warranty repair, they made ME pay for the shipping, and there's no way on God's green earth I'm paying another $65.00 to return it again... THEY can pay this time. I've just had it. Right now I've got a $1,200 paperweight on my hands and I'm not a happy camper.

Okay, now I feel better. I'm going to get out my lovely little workhorse Kenmore that never gives me any trouble, and try to finish the project I'm working on.

I just knew you guys would sympathize, and I needed some sympathy.
I understand exactly how you feel been there done that, unfortunately , Singer does not do well with electronics, don't know what it is, but there all a piece of cr****p. I had an Athena 2000 that I bought way back when they first started doing electronic machines. Needless to say, I had a problem with mine not sewing but humming. Sent it back to the factory, 3 times at my expense they kept telling me it was the mother board in the head that was failing. It was the mother board alright, put after the 3rd time I told them they could keep it and that I would never ever buy one of their electronic machines again, and I never have.