Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • June 2012 Weight Loss adventure with a prize!!!! >
  • June 2012 Weight Loss adventure with a prize!!!!

• June 2012 Weight Loss adventure with a prize!!!!

Old 06-08-2012, 09:18 AM

hey, mean mom-- i have a question. the pattern says 4 strata, but only shows you 2 strata. what do i do with the other 2? and do i cut the top staight across? that reminds me, i need to go get the ruler-- knew there was something i needed to do today! welcome to summer!! enjoy!!
    went to the dentist yesterday. as one of my friends says, "POOP!" my teeth had no tartar, last cleaning 2 yrs ago, so that was great! i do brush and floss, etc. but..... due to some meds i'm taking, i have 2 more to be extracted and 1 root canal, and 3 cavities. man, i'm disgusted! if i just ignored them and let them rot i could understand it! so i say, "double POOP!" i will wait til i return from dallas so i don't have to gum my tx mesquite grilled steak. if any dallas area folks want to get together just pm me and we can make some plans. i am planning on the 2nd week in august, but don't have the tickets yet.

createfourpaws-- you sound like you are going to have a very full weekend! i saw a pattern for a baby quilt and i am just dieing to try it!but i have some swaps i should probably finish up (or start) first. i love doing dq's, but i seem to wait till the last minute to actually get them done. the ideas start early! the work starts late. i think it's because i want it to last. or could be i'm just lazy! lol time to go rig up a lightbox to copy my design onto fabric.
    AND i have to go get that ruler. i will nail shut my purse!

i guess i should also nail shut my computer.
    irish-- if your family members with the pointy heads would not consort with my family members with the pointy shoes there would be a whole LOT less mischief! then again, what's wrong with a little, wee bit 'o mischief?!
    Old 06-08-2012, 12:14 PM

I enjoyed readimg all the positive posts on this thread. I am trying to be more positive myself. and I will lose weight this month.
    I have been busy making baby quilts shoes bibs and burp rags I believe i will need to donate some of the quilts. They are not perfect but I am sure someone will appreciate them. The newborn shoes were really fun to make but very time consuming.
    Old 06-09-2012, 05:52 PM

i'm going to lurk this month, and watch, might join you next month. doing a stretch band exercise class 3 days a week. down a blouse size, but not much wt.
    Old 06-09-2012, 08:13 PM

sewNso glad you are here. Down anything is good. The scale doesn't always give the whole story. If your size is going down from the exercise the weight will follow.
    Pat
    Old 06-09-2012, 09:10 PM

sewNso, please don't lurk. Post and tell us more about yourself. I love stretch bands even though I've had one break and surprise me.

nancia, you probably have your answer by now, but you make 4 stratas, then stack them in twos for cutting. I lined mine across the back of the couch in the family room to keep them in order as each is only 3/4" smaller than the last. Don't overcut - you need every inch if you have the 10 degree ruler.

I haven't sewn a stitch since Wednesday - I'm in withdrawal. If I don't get the 301 rewired tomorrow, I'll have to set up another machine. I can sew on several, but I've only FMQed on the 301.

The difficult GD is coming in the morning for a week. She promised me that since is turning 14, her behavior will improve. One can always hope. So I'm off to bed to get lots of rest just in case.

Weight was down this morning. We'll see if that's the beginning of a trend. One can hope for that, too, though I think it takes more than hope.

I am gaining control of my weight and becoming healthier.
    Judy
    Old 06-11-2012, 02:51 PM

I weighed in Saturday and was down 1.2 pounds so far this month. I had my annual doctor check up today. Everything on my blood tests was good. Cholesterol was 160. My good and bad cholesterol was excellent. Sugar, trigliserides etc all good. Last year my good to bad cholesterol ratio was ok but could have been better. My doctor was very impressed with my 40 pound weight loss. Still a ways to go but weight is going in the right direction. My blood pressure was good but not good enough to get off my meds yet. Maybe next time. It is nice when all your hard work is actually paying off!
    I bought a bathing suit on Saturday at Sams. They don't have anywhere to try them on so I took a chance on it since it was only $19.98. I was sure it would be too small. It fits Mine from last year hangs on me and looks awful
    Old 06-11-2012, 03:59 PM

Hope everyone is off to a good week....got some extra exercise in today...hubby has been putting in a lot of hours at work and wanted to fertilize yard after dinner but grass needed cut and of course neither son is around when there's work to be done, soooooo.....for the first time in MANY years...I mowed the lawn and I am truly exhausted from it!! BUT I could tell it was great exercise and moving is good, right? Thought about my granny who used to mow her very large yard herself until she was well into her 70's and I don't know how she did it!!! HAHA...and I will still take my walk tonight!
    Old 06-11-2012, 06:19 PM

i still don't have the ruler-- hopefully tomorrow! and i am watching my food, but having a really hard time drinking enough. i am feeling pretty lethargic, which might be from not being hydrated enough. i'm going to post a picture of a quilt top i am making for the dq swap, but my partner and i are donating ours to aaqi. it's not finished but it's close!
    Attached Thumbnails mini-art-aaqi-final-attempt-001.jpg  
    Old 06-11-2012, 07:04 PM

Hello, all. I am tired. A 14 year old GD is here for the week and tonight a 9 year GS wanted to come over and work if I had anything he could dig. So we moved a Rose of Sharon shrub and planted more lilies. He is so strong digging in the compacted sand that reads like cement is no problem for him. I needed a hole about a foot deep. He got funny and went down about 30". Works for me. The soil is now loosened nicely so the roots can grow easily. No more planting other than a couple of veggies whose spot isn't weeded yet.

Still no repair on the 301 plug. I just can't get it. It will have to go into to the LQS. I tried FMQ on a 15 clone last night. No luck - skipped stitches and broken needles.

Food is not good today. I never bake anything for me as I have no apprestat - I never feel full. I baked gluten free blonde brownies yesterday and they are gone today. My weight was down this morning, too, darn it. I didn't get out walking either - G took the dogs out this morning and then again this evening while M and I were planting. I feel like I'm missing something because I so rarely miss a day.

Tomorrow is a sale at one of the QSs. Why go if I'm not sewing?? because I can, I guess. I do not have to buy anything. I'll let you know tomorrow night how that sentence went.

Brenda, mowing is a lot more exercise than it look like. I never walked behind a mower in my life until I was in my mid 60s. It's not high on my list of things to do, but it looks so nice after it's done. I think I'll put the teenager on fertilizing tomorrow. She wants her hair lighter. I told her to put lemon juice on it and go out in the sun - that will work out perfectly.

Eat clean, move more and drink lots of water.
    Judy
    Old 06-11-2012, 07:10 PM

irishrose~I am feeling it right now hahah...hope I'm not sore in the morning but at least DH was able to get the fertilizer down and get all that taken care of and I guess I earned some good karma points doing the lawn for him....he was SHOCKED hahah....greatful, but shocked.