Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >

Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 09-21-2011, 10:04 AM

Well yesterday did not go so well as far as food, still not as bad as it could have. I did tell myself no on a couple of things. A totally frustrating day as I had things all planned, even the snacks I was taking with me. Then everythig got changed. Still I rolled with the first change and got one good thing accomplished. Then everything changed again. Still not too bad then the last change was so emotionally frustrating, I went overboard with evening snack/eating. I am an emotional eater. Now to figure how to control/change and deal with that. Well today is another day and I am doing good so far. Oatmeal for breakfast and a peach for snack. Still hanging in there.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:16 AM

Just checking in to say hi, doing ok so far. I had a couple of hard days with food, but staying steady so that counts for something. So close to my goal for the month, so that's my motivation to keep going. Hope everyone is doing well, drinking some water, and getting to their goals. :-)
Old 09-21-2011, 10:41 AM

I was looking at posts on another board about ppl popping pop corn using a brown paper lunch bag.
Asked DH if we had any little paper bags & he said "no,but I have a manilla envelope ,if that's ok?"...LOL...uh, not hardly!!
Old 09-21-2011, 10:58 AM

The brown paper bag would be much healthier. There are carcinogenic chemicals in the popping bags that come ready to pop and who knows what's in the flavorings.

Any good headache cures out there? I do not have headaches, generally, and do not handle them well. On the way out with the dogs for a short walk. Maybe some fresh air will help. Whine, whine, whine.

BARES, every day is a new day. I am an emotional eater, too. I wish our Overeaters Anonymous group hadn't been dominated by a very overpowering person. I think could have been a worthwhile program. I do have the daily book right here.

I just did a flower and it's not pretty. I think I'd better work on the Attic Windows until my head and I are on better terms.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:08 PM

Pluersy is inflamation of the lining of the lung and chest wall.....where as plueral effusion is fluid accumilation causing the lung to collapse.

Hard when you are a respiratory therapist and know what this stuff is ..... doesn't make it any easier.

I wish I had some of my hand work to do since i am stuck in a hospital bed.

More test tomorrow, now have to wait to see the lung doctor they didnt like some of the results on my CT of my chest.

Cindy
Old 09-21-2011, 01:07 PM
mim

I have stress headaches -- caused for the dumbest reasons -- I find that hot moist packs on my neck are helpful -- if a bit messy -- the dry hot rolls don't do it for me. I cant take anything for them because of eye problems and most OTC pain relievers cause my eye to bleed. -- sigh -- so I save them for really terrible headaches.

My neighbor used to say that I'm not "spleeny" -- a Maine coloquialism for a complainer and whiner

I hope you feel better

Mim

Originally Posted by irishrose
The brown paper bag would be much healthier. There are carcinogenic chemicals in the popping bags that come ready to pop and who knows what's in the flavorings.

Any good headache cures out there? I do not have headaches, generally, and do not handle them well. On the way out with the dogs for a short walk. Maybe some fresh air will help. Whine, whine, whine.

BARES, every day is a new day. I am an emotional eater, too. I wish our Overeaters Anonymous group hadn't been dominated by a very overpowering person. I think could have been a worthwhile program. I do have the daily book right here.

I just did a flower and it's not pretty. I think I'd better work on the Attic Windows until my head and I are on better terms.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:53 PM

I am a little better. My headaches are so minor compared to what some people go through that I shouldn't even mention one. I'm thinking minor sinus - my Fall allergies have been acting up.

createfourpaws, thank you for the explanation. I was told I had pluerisy, but also that I had fluid in the space between the lung and chest wall. Whatever it was, it wasn't fun and I feel for you. How is your mother doing while you're in the hospital? What kind of handwork are you doing? I'm looking for something to applique by hand, but haven't found one yet unless I buy a whole quilt pattern and use one block. I want a rose or a lotus flower. I do know that much.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:50 PM

I'm out. The stress of moving caused me to be derailed for two weeks. I'm back on track again but I won't be winning the challenge this month. Good luck everyone else!
Old 09-21-2011, 09:52 PM

i probably won't win, already have my f(skinny)q ready to go! i guess i'm sending them out with every other one late. sorry!
food is ok, but i feel myself falling back into old habits of skipped meals. i'm either too lazy or too tired to bother!i have walked walmart twice, and marshal's once. heavy cardio--every time i see something i like my heart speeds up! and i'm in misses sizes ! woooowheeee!
thoughts and prayers for purplemem and her sleep test. and thoughts and prayers to 4paws for her lung illness. want everyone who is feeling poorly to feel better as quick as possible! don't want you to be sick anymore!!
Old 09-22-2011, 03:22 AM

Goodmorning everyone.

4paws sorry to hear about your condition. If I was closer I'd bring you some of my hand work that I'm behind on!

Judy, do you have lupus? My hubby has it. I know it's somewhat different for men than women. Sorry about your allergies and headache.

My memorey isn't good so I probably missed someone who is ill. Sorry if I did.

Know my prayers are with you all.

Food yesterday was just O.K. I didn't follow my menu exactly. Was helping out at church most of the day so my meals times were spent at church. Did get in my water aerobics so that was good.

Today is another day so I start over. I have a Bible Study this morning and have to assemble bulletins but I should still be home by noon so it shouldn't goof up my eating.

Well I'm off to get DH up - we have to feed the dogd and give them their medicine.

Have a good day everyone. Hope everyone is feeling better today.

I can do this "One Day at a Time".