Favorite Breed

Old 09-30-2011, 04:59 AM

I didn't know I had a favorite breed till I owned a bichon frise. What a great breed they are! Unfortunately, we had to put ours down 7 weeks ago, but when we are ready for a new fur baby, I want another bichon!
Old 09-30-2011, 04:59 AM

I have had 3 dogs, 2 were mutts and 1 Golden Retriever. I like big dogs better then the little breeds. I pretty much love whatever I have at the time. I have to say the Golden was pretty goofy and lovable and would love to have another one. At this time in my life I'm a cat person but that can always change.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by tntgranny
Have always loved the Golden Retrievers we have had - but got tired of all the hair everywhere. My husband now has a Labradoodle and I have a Mini Goldendoodle. They have the temprament of the Golden - but they don't shed! My college age daughter has a Golden and when she brings him home for the weekend it seems like I sweep up dog hair for a whole week after he leaves. It just keeps appearing from somewhere.
I agree with the hair problem and would love to get a Golden Doodle but my husband can't get around the "poodle" part, he hates poodles,
Old 09-30-2011, 05:05 AM

I have 2 mutts right at the moment. One is a dalmation/boxer mix that we got from our vet. It was a stray that came to their office so I took her home and she's a wonderful dog. I also have a chow/golden mix who is the best dog in the world. He never does anything wrong. He's 14 now and I will miss him so badly when he's gone. But the best dog I ever had was a male Shih Tzu who was my best friend for almost 12 years before he died from complications of diabetes. If I didn't have the other 2 already, I'd get another one in a second. It's been a year and a half since Spike has been gone and I miss him every day. I always say that whatever dog(s) I have at the moment will be my last but something always happens to change my mind. A stray will wander or something or I miss having one and will wind up with more. I guess I'm just meant to have dogs.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:07 AM

I agree!
Old 09-30-2011, 05:07 AM

I love and work with dogs everyday....but my personal favorites are setters. I have three English. My daughter and I teach obedience and showmanship to 4-Hers, so we are blessed to be able to teach them how to train their dogs. A skill that we hope stays with them forever and that they pass along to others.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:13 AM

In order: Boston Terrier, Wire Fox Terrier, Lab.

BUT, I love all dogs, including mixes.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:23 AM

Oh a subject dear to our hearts. We are a dog family. We currently have
Shadow, he is an 18 year old fawn chihuahua,
Spike, he is a 15 year old black and tan doxie,
Misty she is our 11 year old fawn chihuahua
Copper he is a sweetie he is a 10 year old red doxie
Pancho is a mixed breed--was supposed to be a chihuahua but he isn't
Can't have a pancho with out a Cisco, he is a double dapple black and white doxie--both of them are around 10 years of age.
Then I have my Rainy girl she is a very sweet gray chihuahua she is 9 years old.
Holly is our long hair black and tan double dapple doxie--she is 8 years old
Then we have Dutch---he is a steel colored no haired chihuahua he is also about 8.
Liberty she is a cute fawn colored pug she is 4 1/2 years old,
Stormy is also a pug, but black, and she is almost 4.
Dottie she is our white and black dapple doxie, she is a rescue dog she is also deaf she is about 3 1/2.
Then comes Justice he is the pug father and head of the pug protection agency. He is a super sized pug and is probably around 6 years of age---he is also a rescue dog.
After that comes our sweet Patriot, he is a Boston Terrier mix, he is the best lap dog anyone could ask for. We almost lost him, and he has my daughter wrapped around his little paw.
After Patriot, comes Freedom, she is a full Boston Terrier and is my husbands sweetie. then we saw this cutie patootie of a cocker spaniel, and just had to get him from the pound. He is a black and white parti cocker, his name is Oreo.

There you go, our hearts and home are full of pups we would not have it any other way. Yep they are all inside dogs, they get along with each other, don't make too many messes. Even keep quiet when we have guest in the home. We won't have any grandchildren, so we have granddoggies, and granddoggers.

sibyl
Old 09-30-2011, 05:24 AM

Golden Retriever's. Their whole purpose in life is to please their owners! Our 10th is a British Cream Golden, pure white and the most affectionate one we've ever had...
Old 09-30-2011, 05:27 AM

1. Borzoi
2. Irish Wolfhound
3. Scottish Deer-hound