Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat)  Everyone is Welcome! >

Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat) Everyone is Welcome!

Featherweight Club (Do you have a Featherweight if so post here so you can all chit chat) Everyone is Welcome!

Old 01-07-2012, 05:22 PM

There is a light green/white FW, near Albany New York for only $300.00. That is less than the one that I bought on eBay and arrived with a broken spool pin. Here is the link for anyone who may be interested:

http://westernmass.craigslist.org/art/2776135531.html

Looks in really nice shape and it has the carrying case, too.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by PurpleBecca View Post
I have two. One is a black 1946. Model. She was given to me as I've mentioned elsewhere on the board. The other we bought a few weeks ago for €10. About $15??? A friend found it in a junk sale they only wanted €10, she rang me and described 'the tiniest singer you ever saw'. I told her to GRAB it, she did and its in very clean condition, although the thread broke when I tried it, need to sit down and play with her properly!! I've never sewed with the other one either. But I WILL one day!!!
You need to sit down and try sewing with the machines!! The FWs are the greatest little machines. It's like being a kid again and sewing with a toy, although they are much better than a toy. They are just so much fun to sew with and just purr along when working well.
You really got a good price on that last machine!!! What year is it? have you named your machines yet? Or haven't they talked to you yet to tell you what their names are? I also have 2 FWs and wouldn't trade them for anything!
Old 01-10-2012, 07:55 PM

I recently purchased 2 FW on EBay after many lost bids. The secret to getting the bid is to be there the last few minutes of the bid. My machines are in good clean condition and I'm super happy with them. One of the machines I gave to my daughter and grandchildren who all wanted a sewing machine. This my first post and would love to talk to people about how to use this website more to my advantage. I don't have access to a computer often and can only do what my IPad will allow me to do. I can seldom view videos. My email is [email protected] and I live in Hawaii.
Mahalo,
Jackie
Old 01-10-2012, 09:26 PM

Jackie, congrats on getting the two FWs!! Your daughter and grandchildren will love using the one you gave them. How old are they? Have you named them yet? I've named mine, or at least one and the other one TOLD me her name. The FWs are a lot of fun to sew with. If I can help you here on the QB, I'd be glad to do so. Would you prefer hearing on your e-mail address? Do you know how to do the PMs? I know nothing about using IPads, as I just have a simple cell phone as well as my computer.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:34 AM

Jackie, contrats on your two featherweights. I have 4 featherweights and use them all the time. I know you will enjoy using them.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:01 AM

Default White Featherweight!

Hi,

I am a little excited. I bought a white Featherweight yesterday for $325. And it works! Has the case with it, and an original instruction book featuring the white machine. The only problem is that the wheel you loosen for bobbin winding keeps jiggling loose when sewing. So then I have to tighten it again and it sews maybe 10" then comes loose again. Any idea how to fix this? Otherwise it is good, I looked up the serial number, it is a 1963, the year we were married, so that is easy to remember. I have a black one that I got on our 28th anniversary, it is in super condition, a 1950.

If I can figure out how to post a photo I will add it on.

Pat
Attached Thumbnails 2044965232384_orig.jpeg  
Old 01-24-2012, 07:05 AM

Very nice looking machine! I don't know how to fix that....but you can go to the site "Featherweight RX".
Old 01-24-2012, 11:23 AM

Here's one, looks in good shape on ebay, with a 'buy it now' button for $249 w/lots of accessories, case, and reasonable fright, if anyone is interested.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Singer-Feath...item2a0e9b9c89
and yet another, with buy it now for $274.99, button, or make an offer button, with accessories, case and reasonable shipping as well.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1950-Singer-...item4840b36234

Not affiliated with either, just passing on info.

Last edited by kountrykreation; 01-24-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:43 PM

Boy! If I needed one, either of those would be nice to get. The first has so many extras!
Old 01-25-2012, 06:55 AM

PatsBeB Congratulations on your new little machine. I'm sure you will enjoy her a lot once you find out what you need to do to get it working right. Have you named her yet? I know that I really enjoy sewing with my FWs. They are great little machines. Enjoy!!!