Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am sick...my quilt was lost or stolen >

I am sick...my quilt was lost or stolen

I am sick...my quilt was lost or stolen

Old 04-13-2011, 03:27 AM

"rot in hell" is pretty severe penalty for taking a quilt...but if someone did, I hope they return it.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:31 AM

I am a long arm quilter and I ship boxes all over the place, I have never had one lost or missing, I would tend to think that if it was indeed left on her porch someone in the neighborhood took it. Likely if the post office has it still it will show up and they will deliver it. I truly hope it shows up and I do understand your frustration, and that your cousin had a speedy recovery. thank you Sandi
Old 04-13-2011, 03:37 AM

"rot in hell" sorry if I offended y'all. When I wrote the post I was extremely upset. Yes, it is just fabric and I can make another quilt which I plan on doing.

Ultimately, this whole fiasco is my fault because I sent the package to the wrong address based on wrong information that I received.

Guess I'm the one who will rot in hell.

My thanks to all of you.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:40 AM

Sometime I have had things shipped to the wrong house. Is there a house or street with a similar name or number in the area? Hopefully this is the case. I am very sorry this happened especially after all the hard work you did on the quilt
Old 04-13-2011, 03:42 AM

I too am so sorry! See if your cousin's local paper will run a free article...maybe
the person will see it and return it or if it was a kid and they found a quilt and ditched it someone might see it and return it! I too will pray .
Old 04-13-2011, 03:57 AM

It makes me sick to think of this happening. Perhaps it will showup. I'll say a little prayer to St Anthony for you.
Old 04-13-2011, 03:59 AM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Originally Posted by Antdebby1
...I sent the package to the wrong address based on wrong information that I received...
Well... what if you now wrote a letter and mailed it to that same (wrong) address, explaining the meaning of the quilt and that there is some urgency in getting it to your cousin?

It's possible that whoever lives at that address is planning on returning it... but just hasn't had a chance to get to the Post Office. You know... could be someone elderly or housebound or who doesn't drive or maybe their car is broken or... ?

By the way... the mail carrier (or FedEx/UPS person) is not expected to know who lives at each address. After all, we all receive mail to "occupant" (who has no last name, poor guy).

Please let us know how this all turns out!
Old 04-13-2011, 04:12 AM

My daughter had a baby quilt stolen that she sent to a cousin in an apartment building, it was delivered but never received. My brother had a friend in Juneau Alaska who never got his Christmas gift to her and other things disappeared too. When charges showed up on her credit card bill she notified the post office so they watched and the teens across the street were stealing her mail and used her credit card number to order a wig. The tipoff was when she was called and asked if she wanted a short or long Afro. Better to have someone sign for a package, the extra fee is worth it. I won't put a quilt in the county fair, one person had hers stolen. When she went to pick them up, they were already gone.
Hope you reported the theft to the post office.

Carol J.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:38 AM
Power Poster

I bet it will come back to you. I know we've all had something go missing with the USPS, but they do get so many things where they are supposed to go...much more often than not. Most people will ultimately do the right thing too, so keep your eyes open and we'll all be sending thoughts that you get it back so you can resend it to your cousin.

Prayers for her recovery too!
Old 04-13-2011, 04:42 AM

Did you take a photo of it? I have seen on this quilt board pics of quilts that are "missing". Then the board members keep checking Craigslist or Ebay to watch in case it is being sold.

So sorry for your cousin and your loss. I know that I would be devistated. Could we send you blocks so that you can make another one? I would be happy to send a pinwheel block. Let us know. Yolanda Wood River