Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris! >

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

July 2011 Weight Loss Winner is Quiltin Chris!

Old 07-08-2011, 07:21 PM

Ok,we're all back on track,that's good.I believe we could run the country next!And might I add,do a great job.Well,I lucked out today,clothes are so expensive,even at our thrift stores,their &7.99.Unless they have a sale,well I went to another one I hadn't been in for a while,and found they had a back corner with 10 racks of $1. to 2 dallar items,and found a slew of pants.Most were $1.00 a pr.So,took advantage and filled the cart,almost,I can get my butt into a womens sz16,and they fit perfect,Wow,I am stoked.All my hard work is paying off.I never wore womens pants in the jeans before,because my waist is wider than the average,so always have wore mens.So to get into these,is really giving me a boost.So,you all hang in there,there will be a payoff down the road.Even tho it seems to be so hard at times to lose.I just keep at it,and keep at it,and keep at it,it will go,give it time and don't give up.And your right Rita's mom,I have been there,done that.Sugar melts in their mouths,and they promise the moon,then WHAM,the old man returns.I am not a yo,yo.I left and went back 6 times to the ex,I finely got out and went to an attorney and he got the papers.An am so glad I did,or I'd still be there believing his sob stories.He can go tell it to oprah now,or to my hand,because I'm not interested now.Of course this was 34 yrs ago.
Old 07-08-2011, 10:52 PM

Good morning!

I just ran across an interesting note about journaling and online support groups and I just HAD to share it:

A 2003 study of cancer patients found clear evidence that online support groups reduced depression and improved reactions to pain. Other studies have found that support groups increase life expectancy and life satisfaction. Writing is a big first step towards taking action to help yourself.

Journal: What am I doing to help myself today?

Motivation: It works if I work it and I die if I don't!

Quilting: What are you working on? WAYWO

I am still working on a little boy baby quilt, maybe I'll finish it today?
Old 07-08-2011, 11:00 PM

i can vouch for the support of this board helping immensely with my depression, and my pain. unfortunately, i have had a head ache for 3 weeks now and it's not my eyes, not a migraine, so it's a.....? pain in the head!! and as a result of this pain in the head i have not been able to concentrate enough, or really see well enough, to work on any quilts, although i have several in process (as in I at least have the fabric and pattern). so frustrating on that score!
Old 07-09-2011, 03:07 AM

MJ - So glad to hear you are getting out. Thanks for the link to the secure online diary.

Missy - Sounds like your doing all the right things. You're such a stong person, I admire you.

Nancia - So sorry to hear about your headaches. I think God should have made us so we could never get a headache.

I'm working on a quilt called "Seasons of Change" I'm taking a class for it. It uses a whole bunch of different techniques that I never have used so it's fun learning something new. The blocks we are working on now are paper pieced. We're just starting so I don't know if I like it yet.

I didn't eat the healthiest yesterday but I stayed under my calorie limit and I drank 80 oz of water. I think my body might be adjusting to the increased water intake because I'm not peeing as much as I was went I started with this water intake. It's funny though since I've been drinking so much water I have no desire for soda, which I think is a good thing.

God Bless everyone, have a wonderful day!
Old 07-09-2011, 05:18 AM

Leaving now to go and walk/jog 2 miles with my workout buddy! Wish me luck!
Old 07-09-2011, 07:25 AM

Okay...Cathie just left. My eyes are full of tears but I am trying hard to not let them fall. It is so hard when I have spent 24 hours a day for a month with her to no longer have her in my arms. *sigh*

I need to focus on only eating for nourishment today and not for comfort.

I did not think I would feel this sad when she walked out the door. I thought I was stronger than that.

Thank you for being here for me during my good times and my down times. I am so glad I have friends like you at times like this.

Love,

Missy
Old 07-09-2011, 08:05 AM

It will get a tiny bit better. Are you able to talk on the phone or computer a lot? that helps. When do you get to visit again?
Old 07-09-2011, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
It will get a tiny bit better. Are you able to talk on the phone or computer a lot? that helps. When do you get to visit again?
Yes we definitely can talk on the phone anytime. She does not use the computer so that is out but knowing I can call her or her call me does help. I will probably get to see her in a few weeks. Depends on if she is going to Texas at the end of the month.

I am counting on it getting better. Big time.

Missy
Old 07-09-2011, 08:19 AM

Did I read on here something about online journalling? I skimmed over a couple of pages but don't see it now. I think I would like to start journalling but I really don't want my family to be able to read it.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by Pam H
Did I read on here something about online journalling? I skimmed over a couple of pages but don't see it now. I think I would like to start journalling but I really don't want my family to be able to read it.

go to http://www.my-diary.org/
it's a free online diary.
make sure you mark private or your posts can be read by the subscribers, but they do walk you through the process

I like it a lot. MJ