Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How Important is Your Stash? >

How Important is Your Stash?

How Important is Your Stash?

Old 07-24-2011, 06:11 AM

My stash is my inspiration-wouldn't want to be without it
Old 07-24-2011, 06:29 AM

Now THAT is an important stash!!!!!!!! I am assuming it was protected because of that prayer!!! Nothing is too small of a request!! :) :) :thumbup:
Old 07-24-2011, 06:29 AM

I've discovered over the past few years that I refer to my stash less and less. I have TONS of fabric sitting in two homes that hasn't been referred to or used in years and most of it is gorgeous! I now only buy what I need for a specific project. This way I am able to select exactly what I need and want. I am downsizing everything in my life. Machines included...I have four!
Old 07-24-2011, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by LisaGibbs
My dh told me the other day he wanted to make a quilt of his own design. So while he is "designing" in his head I asked him if he wanted to look at fabrics to get for his quilt. he said, "I just thought I would use some of that fabric you have." I stared at him in total disbelief and asked him if he had lost his ever living mind. I would prefer to share my toothbrush with him than have him touch my stash.
I would be so thrilled if my dh wanted to use my stash. He shares with me every day - he works in wood and can do anything. The other day I needed a template for a quilt and he went to his shop and made them for me in acrylic. He's a gem and if he wants it he gets it. That being said I have a stash that could not be moved unless we used a trailer. And he would be hauling it - he knows how much it means to me. We also share toothbrushes if we have to!
Judi
Old 07-24-2011, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Last time we had to leave our apt. because there was potential for severe storms (we were expecting to be hit like Joplin did) I said a prayer for God to protect my stash as we walked out the door.
Now THAT is an important stash!!!!!!!! I am assuming it was protected because of that prayer!!! Nothing is too small of a request!! :) :) :thumbup: Sorry, meant to include the quote.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:34 AM
Banned

Right now I am trying to curb my fabric spending, so I just "shop" my stash.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:36 AM

Extremely important. Before I was a quilter I was a seamstress with a stash. Many a complete wardrobe and prom dress came from that stash. My DD used to come up with an idea, we'd open up the stash closet and shop for the right fabric. Yesterday my DGD ,who is here visiting, picked out the fabric for her quilt from my stash. It was wonderful. She is so happy and I was so touched watching her. Her eyes lit up as I pulled the fabrics out for her to see.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by LisaGibbs
My dh told me the other day he wanted to make a quilt of his own design. So while he is "designing" in his head I asked him if he wanted to look at fabrics to get for his quilt. he said, "I just thought I would use some of that fabric you have." I stared at him in total disbelief and asked him if he had lost his ever living mind. I would prefer to share my toothbrush with him than have him touch my stash.
You are too funny! But I feel the same way about my stash. I'm going on vacation soon and all I can do is worry about something happening to my sewing room while I'm gone. I know, It's a little overboard, but this is my prized possesion. :-P
Old 07-24-2011, 06:40 AM

i love my stash. hubby even built me a 48x36" cart on wheels for my bolts. he built a cabinet that extends nearly to the ceiling for cuts/quarters. i have become the family fabric store over the years, and my daughters come over to "shop" when they need fabric for kid's clothes, projects, costumes--but they keep their hands off the stash of cottons for quilting unless they have special dispensation!
Old 07-24-2011, 06:55 AM
Power Poster

If I lost it all I wouldn't be that upset about it. I'd get to buy more!