Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert! >

Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Sept 2011 Weight Loss Adventure -- Sept Winner is Katvert!

Old 09-03-2011, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
everybody sounds on track! i am trying to get some blocks done for last month's boomerang, and i'm just not feeling it. grrrrrrr. i'm annoyed with myself for procrastinating, and continuing to procrastinate. doubt the quilt fairy will float in and do them! and i love doing them, too. what is wrong with me?
Nancia, I was thrilled to finish my boomerang blocks. They seemed to take forever. I was so furious with myself for signing up because there aren't enough hours in the day as it is. I was surprised how hard it was to work with some one else's fabric choice.

Good luck my friend. Will you join the next swap? I think DH would throw a hissy fit if I did. My plate overfloweth as it is. Actually, I am following a postage stamp swap. I think I could get by with that one.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Xylie55
They have new snacks out now made up of sweet potatoes that are great.Look for snacks in the vegan area too that are natural and low to no fat.I am not a vegetarian,I love my steak too much.I snack on apples and vegies too.And cheese.I love cheese,sorry.And dill pickles,but watch if you can't have sodium.If you do the south beach diet,you can have UNLIMITED quantities of what the plan says you can eat.UNLIMITED!!But you can ONLY eat what's on for those phases that your in.Ok.I'm going to throw out a challenge this month,as I haven't done one AND need to.I'm doing a 5 pound challenge this month.I'm challenging all of you to a 5 pound loss.That's only 1.25 pounds a week.I didn't lose any last month,so need a challenge.If I got a goal,I work harder.So,lets do a 5 pound challenge,who's in?I'm in!Karen?how bout you?who else?
Xylie, count me in for your 5# challenge. My Sept starting weight is 138.8. I've lost 43# since March on the 17-day diet. My cholesterol levels became beautiful after just 30 days on the program. As Irish has said, the closer we get to our goal weight, the slower it comes off. I've been in a holding pattern for 2 months in the 137-140#s range. Twenty more pounds to lose.

(In fairness, I HAVE to lose this weight because my knees can't handle it. I don't like living in pain and I don't like having limited movement!)
Old 09-03-2011, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
Here is another member of my family,
MoMo

No, I didn't name him. My neighbor did, then dumped him on us. We love him.
MoMo likes to pose for the camera, doesn't he?

Does your brother live nearby?
Old 09-03-2011, 05:31 PM

BTW, watch those sweet potatoes snacks in the chip aisle. They're still fried and still about 140 calories a serving with at least 60 of those from fat. Who eats one serving? How many nutrients survive deep frying temps?

My all time favorite snack? A boiled egg. A Dove chocolate. 10 almonds (10 later) A T. of sliced green olives. Prevention magazine says you need olives or almonds or olive oil or dark chocolate every day to flatten your stomach. Can't stand olive oil, but love the others. Trouble is the pounds keep it pudgy, but at least not bloated. Oh, no high fructose corn syrup. That's a tough one to avoid. It's cheaper than sugar so it's in so many things.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:32 PM

I was reading a thread on Spark People that discussed cooking ahead and it mentioned once a month cooking. I googled and came up with . . .

http://onceamonthmom.com/ .

From there I went to diet menu and the link I clicked on has crockpot menus. . . .

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2009...-crockpot.html

I hope someone finds this useful.

Lynne
Old 09-03-2011, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Leann
Originally Posted by purplemem
Here is another member of my family,
MoMo

No, I didn't name him. My neighbor did, then dumped him on us. We love him.
MoMo likes to pose for the camera, doesn't he?

Does your brother live nearby?
MoMo hates the camera, he was actually laying on his belly and hiding from me in the submissive position. But he is such a pretty boy.

Yes, I am blessed to live by my brother, we live about 4 miles apart.

I am smaller, but the fluid keeps it from showing up. I now wear a size 24 comfortably, where before I was wearing a 28/30. I can really tell as my bra size is much smaller. My belly collects all the fluid and always looks huge.

My favorite snack is 1/2 cup cottage cheese mixed with 1/2 cup salsa, dip celery sticks and ENJOY EVERY CRUNCH.
Great and satisfying.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
BTW, watch those sweet potatoes snacks in the chip aisle. They're still fried and still about 140 calories a serving with at least 60 of those from fat. Who eats one serving? How many nutrients survive deep frying temps?

My all time favorite snack? A boiled egg. A Dove chocolate. 10 almonds (10 later) A T. of sliced green olives. Prevention magazine says you need olives or almonds or olive oil or dark chocolate every day to flatten your stomach. Can't stand olive oil, but love the others. Trouble is the pounds keep it pudgy, but at least not bloated. Oh, no high fructose corn syrup. That's a tough one to avoid. It's cheaper than sugar so it's in so many things.
Judy, I read of a Harvard study on HFCS and it stated that the calories and subsequent fat gain always collects around the gut. Since I drank Dr Pepper for years, I can attest to the fat gut. PLUS, it contributes to high LDL levels.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:44 PM

I'm trying to add a picture of our third member, Honey. She is a lab/border collie mix.

Honey, such a sweet personality
[ATTACH=CONFIG]251198[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-251192.jpe  
Old 09-03-2011, 06:23 PM

Here is the Final List of those who have signed up for this month. Again, If I misspelled or left you off please let me know.

Welcome to all the newbies, you will find us a great resource, get encouraged, vent share what you are working on. We are a fun group.

Remember I am losing and in control.

1. Purlplemem
2. PamH
3. Oldcottontop
4. LeeAnn
5. Gramie bj
6. Leann
7. Createfourpaws
8. PABerard
9. Irishrose
10. Scrapngmom
11. Ljs317