Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-04-2011, 12:51 PM

Mars,

My triglycerides are high too. I am currently taking Red Yeast Rice to see if that helps. You can get it at the drug store or grocery store.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:07 PM

I am home and Little Lucy did not leave my lap for over 3 hours. that was after she kissed me for about an hour. She is loving having her mommy home.

I am feeling tender and very sore. Now is a building of my strenght. I am so ready to be back to normal.

Will keep in touch. Off to take a nap now.

MJ, got your card today, thank you very much. Great timing.

Cindy
Old 10-04-2011, 01:22 PM

I just got home from an afternoon outing with friends. We stopped for.....yes, you guessed it......a snack! I don't know that I can go without a snack between lunch and dinner. My body doesn't like that and would most likely give me a migraine. I will have to wait for next week's taboo item.
Old 10-04-2011, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Pam H
I just got home from an afternoon outing with friends. We stopped for.....yes, you guessed it......a snack! I don't know that I can go without a snack between lunch and dinner. My body doesn't like that and would most likely give me a migraine. I will have to wait for next week's taboo item.
The taboo is only a suggestion,I know I went "whoa!" when I read it too. If giving up all snacks is too hard, try for 1 less or even one day of no snacks. And make sure you PM me your suggestions so we can try those too. :thumbup:
Old 10-04-2011, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Beachbound
The taboo is only a suggestion,I know I went "whoa!" when I read it too. If giving up all snacks is too hard, try for 1 less or even one day of no snacks. And make sure you PM me your suggestions so we can try those too. :thumbup:
I understand the taboo was "excessive snacks". As a diabetic I have 3 meals and 3 snacks every day. I'm sure that is not the taboo, it is to get up and graze outside of your food plan. Correct?
Old 10-04-2011, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws
I am home and Little Lucy did not leave my lap for over 3 hours. that was after she kissed me for about an hour. She is loving having her mommy home.

I am feeling tender and very sore. Now is a building of my strenght. I am so ready to be back to normal.

Will keep in touch. Off to take a nap now.

MJ, got your card today, thank you very much. Great timing.

Cindy
Cindy,
I'm glad you got it. That is cool. Rest and enjoy being home with the babies, you deserve a break.

And welcome back!
Old 10-04-2011, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
I understand the taboo was "excessive snacks". As a diabetic I have 3 meals and 3 snacks every day. I'm sure that is not the taboo, it is to get up and graze outside of your food plan. Correct?
That makes sense to me. I just wrote what she put in her PM to me but of course there is a big difference in eating a bowl of ice cream or having an apple. Taboo tuesday may need some adjusting, lol. I was thinking also that I am a huge sucker for the ole gold star/pat on the back. Maybe those who manage to get thru the week can be on the 'honor roll' that week & we can all congrat them.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:14 PM

Welcome home, Cindy! So happy to hear you were loved on royaly by Lucy.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
That makes sense to me. I just wrote what she put in her PM to me but of course there is a big difference in eating a bowl of ice cream or having an apple. Taboo tuesday may need some adjusting, lol. I was thinking also that I am a huge sucker for the ole gold star/pat on the back. Maybe those who manage to get thru the week can be on the 'honor roll' that week & we can all congrat them.
At TOPS we did specify it as no snacks except the morning and afternoon and bedtime ones. We would all go crazy.... in our group anyway..LOL LOL LOL Sorry about the confusion. Everyone was mad at the person who put in Diet Coke.. we even had on person to put tufu as a good for you food. That was just not right... and Brussel sprouts I DID NOT appreciate :-(

Hey! we need spell check on here. I can't spell
Thanks,
Pam
Old 10-04-2011, 06:08 PM

Hi, this is my post for 1st week in Oct. Saw dr. today and all is going well. I'm wanting to get to my gym to do my workout in the therapy pool. Rheumatoid arthritis has really hobbled me this last year but with PT, I got a workout that will help - if I do it. So I'm committing to go Wed. to T.pool. My goal for food is no unplanned eating as I'm a compulsive overeater. Good luck to everyone - I really enjoy being a part of Oct.s challenge.