Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!  Winner is Createfourpaws >

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Oct 2011 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize! Winner is Createfourpaws

Old 10-28-2011, 06:24 AM

I took the dog for a nice walk this morning, she needs it as much as I do. She is only 9 months old & has been tearing at my walls...I have to wear her out!
Old 10-28-2011, 08:03 AM

Hi, Jeanne, gaining four pounds isn't serious, but skipping the things that are helpful to your health like exercise is serious. (I'm talking to me, too -I'm slipping on my 2:30 exercise program, but not on my walking but only because of the dogs).

Lupus is a sneaky, insidious disease. You just don't know what part of the body it will involve next. Mine isn't too bad right now. The problems I'm having are more from the arthritises, fibro and neuropathy. Course they're all related except the last one. Can your husband go to aqua aerobics with you? If he's that swollen, are his kidneys involved? That one scares me. Does he have a good doctor? I only have my primary care one as the rheumatologist was a jerk, but it works for me. I'm sorry he's (you're) going through this. It sounds like he's trying to get through it as well as he can.

The Oct 31 issue of First magazine that might still be on the newsstands has an article on the Dr Moreno's 17 Day Diet. It's an interesting concept that you can eat all you want one day and 1200 calories the next and lose fat, which is really our goal - to lose the buried fat in our midsections, not just pounds. There is a 17 day intro period where food is more restricted. From the article. "As the fat cell get smaller, it tends to release adiponectin. A is one of the only beneficial hormones released from fat cells. A fires up metabolism." It's a rather exciting concept that makes me wish I had more weight to lose (NOT). I wonder if I can get my daughters to try it. Where is Leann? She has been successful using the 17 day diet. I looked at the book at the bookstore. I was totally turned off by his unrealistic weight chart, besides it's not in my budget. I'd rather buy fabric. I do recommend you look for this magazine while it's available.

I AM losing weight and getting healthier.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:15 PM

That's great! Buying new clothes in a smaller size makes for a happy day! You're doing so well....hope it continues for you.

Originally Posted by Joyce99
I haven't posted here in a while but I just had to share my win. Today I went window shopping and ended up buying a jacket in a whole new size. An 18!! No more 2X's for me. This journey is taking a while (some steps backward) but I'll keep on it till I get to where I want to be.

I love reading about what you all are doing. Many inspirational posts. Many helpful ideas. It's great to hang out with folks who know exactly where I'm at.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:18 PM

Sorry to hear about your DH's illness. Sounds like he's doing his best & that's all anyone can do.So hard when every movement causes pain.Good luck to him & you.

Originally Posted by JHolm
Good morning everyone!

Today is going to be my day to whine. I'll try to keep it under control. I'm coming back as an actual 'weight loss" person insteas of jus maintenance. I've gained 4 lbs in the last two weeks and let my water intake and exercise slide. I just need to be accountable. Now I can make legitimate excuses: I've been sick and doctoring, This doesn't cover the water. No I'm just getting lazy about following a plan so kick my but and get me going!

I don't know if I told you DH is having a major lupus flare up and so far the meds aren't working. He's in a lot of pain and very swollen especially in his legs so we've been sorting. Stash, patterns, anything we can sort and organize sitting down. Then we take a break and he moves around a little then we start again. The other day I worked on a sweatshirt jacket and he handed me the stripe that was next in line. He's frustrated but is working at keeping his spirits up.

Well all I've done this morning is whine but you guys are great and I knew I could come here to get a load off my chest. Thanks for everything. Have a great day.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:31 PM

I just want to say I am so very sorry...I did not realize this was an open chat type support also. I was trying to find this post again, so I would have the information on who I was to send my number to... (don't want to send them my weight loss... like they need mine on top of theirs?? lol)I found pages of pages of posts.. so now I feel dumb. I will be joining next month again, if this happens again..and I will chat along next time. My mom is on a diet and she was talking to me..(this was a few months ago) how much she lost..I said.. well STOP sending it my way.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:59 PM

It's not easy to find this post all the time. The easiest way for me is to just go to 'My Posts'. You've nothing to apologize for - we're the losers not having you join us. You can start right now. The more the merrier when you're talking about online friends - not about pounds.

Have I lost my mind? I lost another pound. My first thought was, "Oh, no, that is November's pound. I thought I was done for now and just maintaining. I have enough that I can still set a goal of two for November. Dingbat!

When I did my exercises today, my shoulders sounded like popping corn. I need to not skip any days!

Beachbound a nine month old pup?? I remember those days. No wonder you look good - keeping up a puppy.

Wishing you all a happy, healthy 24 day whenever your day starts.
Judy
Old 10-28-2011, 07:24 PM

Anyone have any fun plans for the weekend?

Tomorrow we are going to Custer to pick up our Bountiful Baskets food. This month it is a HUGE value as well as organic and, for the most part, locally grown. This month's selection is Italian-themed. So, we will get lots of herbs and veggies. Since it is fall we are also getting a ton of oranges and apples and tomatoes.

I will be making lots of pasta sauce, tomato paste, salsa, and dehydrated (sun-dried) tomatoes, apple sauce, apple pie filling, apple crisp filling, fresh squeezed orange juice, and cider mulls.

So, the next few days will be busy but the result will be great food to last us all winter.

My mom is having eye surgery on Monday so I will be homebound for most of this coming week. That will afford me the time to deal with all this food.

Unfortunately, with all this food to deal with I will have to postpone my quilting for a few days. I will, hopefully, be able to get back to quilting by the middle to the end of next week.

I hope everyone has a great evening!

Missy
Old 10-28-2011, 08:14 PM

Missy, I'm still wanting to see your HSTs. Are they hanging out with my Flying Geese? I'm sidetracked, too. The Bazaar is next Saturday so it's crunch time. Sunday I have a b day party for a year old GGD. I need to have her mother's apron done, too.
Old 10-28-2011, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
Missy, I'm still wanting to see your HSTs. Are they hanging out with my Flying Geese? I'm sidetracked, too. The Bazaar is next Saturday so it's crunch time. Sunday I have a b day party for a year old GGD. I need to have her mother's apron done, too.
I would LOVE to see those hsts too, but, life has gotten in the way. Again. And again. *sigh*

Missy :)
Old 10-28-2011, 08:23 PM

jeanne-- i hope your dh is improving. so hard. i become a b---- when my dh is sick. it really threatens my world. when he had pancreatic cancer i nearly had a nervous breakdown,i'm happy to say he's doing well now. i truly hope your dh will be getting some relief! sorting fabric, uh oh, that's a project for another month!lol maybe next year.
irish--thanks! i got up early today--1:00. this day has seemed really long, so maybe i'll get to sleep early tonight.
missy-- sure sounds like you are going to be busy! and well fed this winter. everything sounds delicious, but homemade salsa, too die for!! yuuuuuummmmmy!
yesterday was my eat alot day, so my metabolism should be zooming! hope so!! i have not been good about anything this month! bad girl! i hope everyone has done better!! have a good weekend! i am chaining myself to the sm and churning out blocks for the boomerang swap. man, these girls are on fire!! some are already finished and it's only the first month!